‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Jace

Once everything was finally settled, and our bags were in our room, I tackled Zeth to the floor in a hug that even the jaws of life couldn't break me off of him. Laughing, Zeth said, "Jeez, little brother. It's only been two weeks."

"Shut up and let me enjoy this moment," I said, causing him to laugh before tightly wrapping his arms around me. We laid there on the floor for a long time, just hugging before I eventually let up and stood up, helping Zeth up as well.

"Better now?" he asked, dusting me off before himself. I grinned and nodded before jumping around the room in a frenzy of high energy.

"What's with Jace?" I heard Liam ask Paulie. I just kept jumping.

"When he visits a place he's never been to before, he gets over-excited. So, as a warning, keep your eyes on him at all times, because if he gets out of your sight, it could be days before you see him again," Paulie replied.

Time Elapse

Once I had calmed down enough to be trusted to go out into the city, with chaperons, we took in as much of the city as we could. We got Paulie to try authentic Japanese food for the first time, recording the entire process. He ended up enjoying it once he got used to some of the spices they used.

"Of all the places to get married, we're getting married in fucking Japan!" I said, so loud some of the locals looked at me a little strangely. "We need to find a night club! I want to DJ for a Japanese night club! Right now!"

"Do you know Japanese?" Paulie asked, making me look at him for a brief moment.

"Do I know Japanese?" I said, scoffing. Then I said, "Not a damn ounce. Shit! I want to DJ at a night club!"

All of a sudden, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Looking to see who it was, I found myself staring at a man about Mr. Emerson's age, a smile on his face. In excellent English, he said, "Are you Jace Peters?"

"Who wants to know?" I asked, not breaking eye contact with the man.

"Pardon my manners. My name is Isamu Adachi. I knew Frank Emerson quite well," he said, sticking his hand out. Shaking it, I stared at this Isamu character for a moment.

"How did you know my father?" I heard Liam ask, my mind finally clicking on the man.

"You owned the night club before Mr. Emerson. You signed him to take over the place because you, from what I heard, had a family issue causing you to have to come back to Japan." Isamu nodded and let out a small chuckle.

"Oh! I was wondering how Dad came to owning a night club all of a sudden," Liam said, making Mr. Adachi look at him with a look of curiosity.

"Yes. He and I were very good friends. So, you're his son, Liam?" he asked, causing Liam to nod. "I heard quite a bit about you. He spoke so proudly of you. How is he doing?"

Liam's eyes darkened a bit before responding. "He passed away of a heart attack a few months ago," he said, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I offer my condolences. If there is anything, anything at all, just give me a call," he said, handing Liam a card. Liam nodded and then wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Why did you want to know about Jace?" Paulie asked, causing Mr. Adachi to look at him. The kind man then recalled his reason to come over here, and smiled.

"I've heard a lot about Mr. Emerson's very talented DJ, and I was curious if you would be available to DJ at the night club I own here? If only temporarily."

I looked at Liam who seemed to be happy that I had this amazing opportunity, that he nodded inconspicuously. "I'd love to," I replied, smiling excitedly.

"Excellent, excellent," Mr. Adachi said, clasping his hands together. "Do you have a number I can call to get in contact with you?"

"We don't have the number, but we can give you the name of the hotel," I said. Giving him the information he needed, he said he'd contact us the following day.

Touring more of the city, I was getting nervous about actually getting a chance to DJ at a Japanese night club. I never thought the opportunity would come, I'm surprised Mr. Adachi even knew who I was. Maybe Mr. Emerson emailed him a picture when he told him about me. However he knew me, I just hope I don't screw up something that could help me get ahead in the future.