‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Liam

This was it.

The final day that Jace would no longer be a Peters but an Emerson. "Liam,you ready?" I heard someone through the door. Looking at the door then back at the mirror and fixed my tie before taking a deep breath and walking to the door. Opening it,I smiled at Paulie.

"I'm ready..let's go" I said. Paulie chuckled and followed me out to the space I reserved right under the cherry trees. Jace still didn't know this was where we were getting married. Standing and taking my place,Paulie stood beside me.

Taking another deep breath as the music started and I turned around,staring at Jace as he came down towards me,wearing a pure white suit and me in black.

Once he reached me,I took his hands and held them tightly as the vows from our priest were read. When it came for the personal vows,I stared into Jace's eyes and squeezed his hands.

"Jace Peters. When we first met,I was just another guy in a club. Living day by day in school and with my father. As the days passed,we grew upon each other in more ways then I thought possible and I came to love you with every beat of my heart. " i spoke clearly,tears shining in my eyes.

"I know we've been through hell together but even when we were at our worst. We still came out on top,holding each other and loving each other like it was the last day of our lives and for me...they really wore. We both have made our mistakes and done what we could to repair them. Jace you are the very ground I walk upon,the very air I breath and the blood that flows through my veins. Without you,I'm nothing and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you by my side as not only my partner but as my lover,my friend and my soulmate" My voice cracking at the end as tears fell down my cheeks.

Jace reached up,tears in his own eyes as he wiped mine away before saying his own vows."Liam, before we met, my life was nothing but my work. It was bleak and uneventful. When you walked into my life, I never thought you'd have such an impact on my life. We've had our ups and downs, but somehow, we pulled through. We both came out on the other side kicking and screaming and with a few scrapes and bruises, but somehow we still smile." He smiles and wipes away a few falling tears.

"We've been to hell and back so many times in the last year or two, but we're still going strong. I can't express how much I love you, and I don't believe that I ever will. You're the reason I live my life so happily, and I am looking forward to acting stupid with you when we're in our eighties." He lets out a small life and looks up at Liam with nothing but sheer love in his eyes.

Turning to my left,I took the rings from Paulie,smiling warmly and turned back to Jace,taking his hand "With this ring, I promise to share with you all of my dreams and fears,to make your dreams come true as if they were my own. I promise to love you for the rest of our life,I will protect you and give myself only onto you" I said,slipping the ring onto his finger.

Jace held his ring and spoke the same before slipping it onto my finger,when the preist closed his book,I pulled Jace into my arms and kissed him deeply,cupping his face "I love you..I love you so much" I whispered against his lips as everyone there cheered and happily.