‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Liam/Zeth

After what had happened between Jerrek and I,we returned home and kept it between us but we both knew it wouldn't remain our secret to long. We were becoming attached--growing together then before.

I had the day off work so I remained in the house while Jarrek did what he needed too,I heard the door open behind me then the feel of arms around my body "Jarrek.." I whispered,feeling his warm breath along my neck as he held me.

"Don't speak.." he whispered softly and we stayed like that,no words no movements just the two of us. The only sound was the ticking of the clock and the beating of our hearts. "Zeth called...he's spotted him a few times and feels he's getting closer to getting him.." he whispered after a bit.

I stiffened and all those memories returned before I gripped Jarrek's hands "No..I don't want to hear about him. He doesn't exist right now..it's just you and me" I whispered just as Jarrek turned me around and stared into my eyes.

"You and me..." he whispered,reaching up with his hand and running his thumb along my lips before I was suddenly pressed back against the wall of the livingroom and his lips latching onto mine.

Zeth One Month

During my last try with Jace,I decided to rent a new car for the time being. Knowing he knew my personal car all to well. looking at the place he was working,I headed around back and hid in the shadows,I was done playing cat and mouse.

Watching the door open,I saw Jace's bright blond hair appear just as he lite up a ciggerette. Moving quickly,I ran towards him only to see him spot me and take off but i was faster,tackling him down to the ground.

"GET OFF ME!" he yelled,fighting me before I pinned him down and glared at him.

"I'm not letting you go until you hear me out you fucking idiot" I said "I swear you are the stupidest man alive right now and have been since you fucked Liam over the way you did,Jerrek was right. You were being selfish. I know what I did was wrong but I was doing it to keep you alive! to keep you safe" I said.

Jace became still,staring up at me but didn't speak.

"I never wanted to cause you pain Jace but I knew if I didn't keep myself away from you,you'd be put into danger until I knew it safe to return but Liam...Jace come on. He lost his father,he didn't have anyone else except you and you just walked out on him...being so stuck up in your life here I'm sure you didn't even bother to ask how he was doing" I said only to see Jace look away

"Of course not..so then you don't know that for the last four months,Liam has been homeless. living on the streets and starving to death...selling his body for what he could get so he could eat since the bank took everything from him except the club. but he won't go in there because he still remember's you" I said.