Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Oh, Lover, I'll Cover You

Gunner was out for the day. He never told me what he was going to do, but whatever. It just meant that Gerard and I had some alone time. Right now, I almost felt like we need that more than anything else. We had nothing but a lot of trouble lately. There were no more scary ghosts, no more threats.

I just felt at peace.

I was laying in bed. It was probably around five in the evening. I felt tired, but I also felt happy, as Gerard was laying behind me, holding me in his arms. We didn't say a word to each other, but I knew that he was there for me and that he loved me, so he didn't really need to say anything.

Our hearts and our breaths synchronized, even though he really didn't have to breath and his heart really didn't have to beat. He was a ghost. He just felt so real to me, it was hard to believe that there really wasn't warm blood running through his ghostly veins.

I turned over a little bit so that I face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him lightly. I stared into those amber eyes. "I love you so much, Gee-Babes."

He kissed me, but he was smiling as he did it. I could feel it. "I love you too, Faye," he told me. "More than anybody I've ever known."

"Even more than Eliza?" I asked him, kidding with him, rubbing our noses together.

"Blegh, of course," he said, looking almost disgusted that I had even mentioned the woman.

"OK, OK, I won't talk about her anymore." I put my chin on his shoulder, and he pulled me very close to him. I could feel our hearts beating in perfect time.

He kissed me on the cheek and rolled us over so that he was on top of me, but he used his legs and arms to keep him above me. You know, so he didn't crush me, even though he wouldn't have. He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead. I smiled and kissed him on the lips, taking his face in my hands gently.

Gerard didn't say anything, just leaned in closer and start kissing my neck. "I love you so much," he kept saying. I couldn't help but giggle. He was kind of tickling me.

I took his face again and kissed on the mouth, but I kissed him deeply and passionately. It was different. I could tell Gerard liked it, because soon enough, he was trying to stick his tongue down my throat. I let him (of course).

After a few minutes of this, I felt his hand creep down my body to the zipper of my jeans. He stopped kissing me and looked at me with a concerned expression. "Do you mind?" I shook my head.

And as much as I had joined what was yet to come, it still left me with quite a few questions.

What the hell was I thinking?