Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Send the Pain Below

Lately, things had been going a bit out of whack.

Strings of dead rock stars' ghosts had been turning up all over New Jersey, apparently looking for me. However, I hadn't been feeling my greatest this past month, so Gunner normally took care of it. He was so intrigued by all of it. He was determined to find out who was killing them all, and we all wanted to know if it linked to Gerard's death.

Gerard still, however, refused to tell us who killed him. I had just stopped asking. It probably was too painful for him.

Lately, Gee hadn't been going with Gunner. Gunner said he was too into it to deal with distractions. He felt he was hot on the trail and other people would divert him from where he was trying to get. But whatever, who cared about his stupid journey, anyway? Gunner could shove it up his tightwad ass for all I cared. All he did around here was bring a bad attitude lately.

I didn't go with Gunner for quite a reasons. I had just felt plain old sick. Everytime I went around ghosts, I would start throwing up violently. I didn't know what to do, so I would just stay home, and Gerard would take care of me. I was so tired the past few days that I could barely get out of bed.

I looked at the clock. It said twelve noon. Groaning, I threw the sheets from off my body. I sat up and let out a whine as I felt my back flex in pain. "Gee," I called, seeing that he wasn't there.

He appeared beside me. "What's wrong, doll?"

I looked at him and yawned. "My back really hurts..."

"Lay down on your stomach," he said. I listened and did as he said. He started massaging my back. God it felt good. It kind of made my boobs hurt, which was weird, but whatever. My back felt good now.

I just felt like I was hurting all over. I had a headache that felt like somebody was hitting my head with a hammer. To keep it short, all I knew was that I was in massive pain. After Gerard finished, I pushed myself up and gave him a kiss. "Do you know where the advil is?"

He thought for a moment. "I think Gunner had it last."

I nodded. "OK, I'll go check."

That was when I got up and went into Gunner's room. It was... relatively clean. I dodged the clothes all over the floor and reached for the nightstand, where I saw the bottle of advil sitting. I took one pill out and dry swallowed it.

Then I heard the door close behind me.