Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

I wanted to strangle Gerard. He had almost totally screwed up my chances with Patrick, but thankfully, he still wanted to meet me back stage tonight. I was really happy, but Gerard was not. He hadn't said this to my face. I could just tell because I hadn't seen him since the asshole disappeared from Starbucks. He knew I was mad at him, and that's why he wasn't showing his face. I figured that he realized I wouldn't want to see him, at least not until after tonight when I was completely and totally happy and blissful and too happy to even think about killing his already dead person.

Then again, I could be wrong.

I heard a clatter from the kitchen. I looked in a saw Gerard reaching into a cabinet for his cheese puffs. "Uh, uhm, hello... there," he said, trying to act like absolutely nothing was wrong and that he hadn't royally pissed me off just a few hours ago.

"What's that, do I hear a back-stabbing, date-ruining friend?" I asked to nobody inparticular, acting like I hadn't heard a single word that Gerard had said.

He sighed. "Look, Faye, I'm sorry..."

"No, Gerard, you aren't, because if you were really sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place."

He shrugged. "Faye, I didn't mean it, alright?"

"Didn't mean what? Didn't mean to almost screw up my chances with Patrick? Because I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to do!" I yelled, accidentally raising my voice.

"Faye, look, I know you're not going to accept that I'm sorry, so you go, and you have a nice time," Gerard said before turning to walk away.

"GERARD! Don't you dare walk away from me! You must take me for a fool if you want me to believe that you want me to have a nice time," I exclaimed, still angry.

"Fine, Faye, but you know what? You don't have to worry because I'm not going to show up and ruin the whole thing for you, I promise."

I was a bit shocked by what he had just said. This wasn't the sort of thing that he would too very often. I nodded. "Thanks.. thanks a lot, Gee," I said, nodding slowly with a smile.

He just nodded. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." I gave him a quick, tight hug before running off to my room to go get ready.

Now that Gerard had PROMISED me that he wasn't going to show, I couldn't wait to go hang with Patrick, and you know, if things went well, maybe me and Patrick would get to go on a real date.

Without Gerard.