Status: updating slowly!

The Dancer

Preface;

The music began and she started to feel the rhythm. When the music picked up, she popped her chest out and moved to her right, slinging her leg out behind her. She flipped her hair and rolled her body in the same direction before moving her body completely to the left. She threw her arms out, moving her feet forward and backwards, rolling her hips in time with the music.

Her shoes squeaked against the wood floor as she moved, letting the music control what her body did next. Her hips thrust forward and she lunged, sliding on one knee towards the mirrors in front of her. She stood up and moved a bit more before groaning, loudly. She stopped, half-turning, and put her hands on her forehead, knowing she can’t run away from this.

“Fuck!” she hollered loudly and walked over to the CD player.

She ripped off the cut-off sweatshirt, and pulled her sweatpants down, revealing her basketball shorts. Throwing them in the corner, she pulled the bottom of her t-shirt over her head and pressed the “next” button on the player. She felt more comfortable, being able to watch most of her body do the moves.

This was one of her favorite songs to dance to, and she’d created over five different routines to it. She bobbed her head, making the bun sitting nicely on top shake and move, as she walked to the center of the dance room. When the bass dropped, she jumped up, spreading her feet apart, and got into it.

She folded her arms, and twisted from side to side, watching herself move in the mirrors. Her hips popped, and she dropped her body and came back up, in time to the beat in the back of the music. She switched it up, and moved in time with the artist rapping the song. She throws her head around, feeling her hair move with her. She throws her arms around as her feet do a completely different thing. She claps a few times before diving back into the music and she ignores the sweat forming on her brow.

She repeated the process to five more songs and by the time she paused, her body is covered in sweat. She paused her dancing and walked around for a few minutes. Her hands are on her hips and she’s breathing hard. She doesn’t know how to fix it, and it’s getting closer. She can’t do this to him, but would she rather lose her family? She sighed and looked up, blinking back tears.

“Hey,” she heard softly from the door.

“Hey,” she said, seeing Gemma in the doorway of the studio.

“Come on,” Gemma says, motioning outside the door. “We’ve gotta go get ready.”

“Yeah, okay.”

She sniffed once before turning to grab her things. She put her sweatpants and sweatshirt back on before grabbing her bag and trotting to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay. so i've had this idea in my head for a story about a dancer for like EVER and i haven't figured out how to make it into a complete story until now. this is just basically a teaser chapter.. i'm not gonna be able to update this story very much, considering i don't have much written, but i do have this written and i wanted to get it out there.

as always -- special thanks to Vixyn of Syn for helping sort out my ideas because there are PLENTY of them in my head.

drop a comment;;