It Takes Someone Special to Be a Dad

Lightning McQueen Is The Savior










Kate’s POV
“Mummy?” my son’s voice seeped through the door.
I sat up and turned the bedside light on before looking around the room, “Yeah buddy?” he opened the door and his little eyes peeked in. “Come here,” I pulled back the covers and he ran around to my side of the bed and jumped up.
“What’s wrong?” I ran my hand over his forehead as he snuggled into my side.
“No sleep,” he began sucking his thumb.
“Awww baby, did you have another nightmare?” he nodded his head as his innocent eyes told me he was scared.
“It’s ok,” I pulled him into my lap.

“Geno,” he pointed to the large figure asleep next to us.
“Do you want cuddles?” he nodded again.
“Ok, help me wake him, but quietly. He is still sick.”
“Ok,” he crept from my lap onto the bed next to me.

“Evgeni,” I shook him softly.
“Geno,” my son’s voice followed.
“Mmm,” he stirred.
“Wake up,” I kissed his forehead.
“Geno, I scared,” Asher put his head on Evgeni stomach and wrapped his tiny arms around him as best as he could.
“He had a nightmare and wants a cuddle from you.”

Evgeni sat up and Asher crawled up to the spot next to him where Evgeni’s arms enveloped Asher’s tiny body.
“Do you want a story?” I stroked Asher’s cheek.
“Yes please.”
“Good boy for remembering your manners,” I smiled giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Evgeni’s POV
Normally if someone woke me I would be annoyed, especially if it was the middle of the night but with these two I could never be annoyed.

I sat back and listened as Kate read Lightning McQueen for about the hundredth time this week. I could sit and listen to her read all day if it meant we were all together.

“Look at him,” she whispered smiling at the little boy wedged under my arm sound asleep.
“I guess I should take him to bed,” she began to get up.
“No, no, it’s ok. Let him,” I insisted. It was nice to know he trusted me enough to hold him as he slept after a nightmare.

**************************************

I hadn’t been to the rink in over 2 weeks and I was excited and both really nervous about going back.
“Up,” Asher pleaded as we got out of the car. Kate shot him her motherly look and he quickly finished with, “Please.”
“Ok,” I picked him up and he attached to my side.
“It hurt?” his tiny finger tickled my neck as he traced the scar on my neck.
“Not now,” I shuddered smiling at him.

“Geno!” the guys cheered as I walked into the locker room.
“Good to see you back,” Dan smiled.
“When you getting out on the ice?” Sid looked hopeful.
“Not yet, still no exercise,” the guys all looked saddened, “I back soon.”

Kate was working out on the ice with the guys today so I took Asher up into the stands and we watched them practice.
“GO MUMMY!” he cheered as her and Sid battled in the corner.
“Yay!” I cheered grabbing his hands and stretching them in the air as she won the puck before tickling his underarms.
“Geno,” he giggled, “Geno!” he screamed, “Noooooo!” his began chuckling.
“You love it,” I squeezed him tight.
“NO!” he wriggled from my grasp and stood in front of me, pouting with his arms folded across his chest in protest.
“You look like your mummy,” I poked his cheeks and he laughed before running away.

“Can’t catch me,” he stood at the end of the row and headed down the steps.
“Careful,” I warned and chased after him.

I was relieved when he made it to the bottom of the stairs and stopped running because he was distracted by Sid waving to him through the glass.

“Sid!” he pointed up giggling.
“Got you,” I scooped him up, “no run down stairs again, you scare me,” I touched his nose.
“Sorry,” he wrapped his arms around my neck giving me a hug, “I love you Geno.”
“I love you too Ash.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing about these two because they are so damn precious!! Geno is clearly winning over Asher so far, he has won over Kate enough to let him stay around but if you want to see anything in particular happen let me know because I am just winging this story and have no clue what is going to happen in the end.