Status: Rewritten under You Had Me At Hello

Stay With Me

The Phrase That Pays

“Love, it’s time to get up.” I blinked a couple of times and stretched. I looked at Frankie who was lying next to me. “Good morning. You need to get up.” I sat up and sighed.

“It’s too early…”I mumbled. He laughed quietly.

“It’s like almost eleven.” I looked over at the clock and sighed again. “You have someone coming over soon…”He reminded me. I nodded slowly. I rubbed my eyes and threw my legs over the edge of the bed.

“I know, but I’d rather just stay here with you and sleep,” I complained. He rolled his eyes.

“Hey, only three more months…”He reminded me. I nodded again. He walked over to me and cupped my face with his hands. “It’ll be okay. Call me when he leaves and we’ll talk.” He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. “Besides, I need to get some more cigarettes anyway.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry about that. Here,” I said, reaching over to my nightstand, grabbing a twenty. “That should make up for the two packs I stole. And you can just get me another while you’re out.” He laughed and put the money in his pocket. He said goodbye, and left me to get ready.

***********************************

I was sitting on the couch when the knock sounded throughout the house. I got up slowly and walked over to the door. On the other side stood a rather nervous looking Gerard. I opened the door slowly and he looked up, smiling. I just pushed it open and walked back into the living room. He followed, shutting the door behind him.

“Listen, Taylor… I got your note. I’m sorry. I know you said to call you or to write about it… But, I was stupid and I didn’t. I just took some shit and hoped it would calm me down, but instead, I was high out of my fucking mind. I am so sorry…”He explained himself away. I just shrugged, plopping down on the couch. “Please, I understand if you hate me… But, I need you…”

“It’s nothing, okay? Just forget it. I don’t really know what you were thinking I was going to say. I didn’t really even want to get up today. I would rather have just laid with-“ I caught myself before I finished that statement. I realized that would only have made it worse. “Look, just don’t worry about it. Everyone has their moments.” He just looked at me for a minute.

“So… You’re not mad at me?” He asked, as if baffled by that thought. I shook my head. “Oh.”

“Yeah, so are you going to sit down or what? You’re freaking me out, just standing there,” I said jokingly. He smiled and sat down next to me.

“So, what did you want to do today?” He asked, putting his arm around me. I just shrugged. “Well, how about dinner and a movie?” I looked at him for a minute. “It’s been about three months since we met and I’ve still yet to take you out on a real date.” I thought this over.

“Alright, sounds good. When do you want to leave?” I asked, planning what to wear in my head.

“Maybe about an hour or so. So, go get ready and I’ll be back to get you around three, okay?” I nodded and he got up. “Okay, sugar. Well, I’ll see you soon. I love you.” I smiled slightly, and watched as he walked out the front door. I got up and headed upstairs to take a shower, all-the-while wondering what in the hell I should wear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to xXxpeebeejayxXx.

I will try and get at least a couple more out today, but no promises. And, to those who want some more Gee in the story, he'll be a lot more involved these next few chapters:)

Thanks guys! I love you all:)