‹ Prequel: Unexpected
Sequel: Just Hold On.

No Excuses

Chapter 7

Chapter 7
The next few weeks were a whirlwind of trying to tie up loose ends and get things together for my trip. Raven asked me to stay with them, so I could go ahead and sublease my place for 3 months. Ryan had moved into G’s place to keep it up for him while he was gone.
I stretched in the bed, snuggling closer to Sam who was wedged in between Raven and I. She has protested us sleeping in the same room but Sam had made that happen. A sleepover means everyone sleeps in the same bed, he had informed us the week before. So every night we all piled into the bed and I put him in his bed after he was asleep and then enjoyed my nights with Raven, always bringing him back before he woke up.
“Pan-a-cakes.” Sam screamed as he ran down the hall.
“I got it.” I smiled at Raven.
I got to the kitchen just as Sam was pulling things out of the drawers. He put a pan on the stove and a spatula.
“Where’s the mix, Petit copain.”
He pointed to the cabinet beside the fridge.
“Thanks, breakfast in bed for Mommy?”
“Yes!” he jumped around, clapping his hands.
We made pancakes, which took me a few tries before I had it down.
I held the bottom of the tray crawling on my knees, trying to help him not drop it.
“Brefas Mommy.”
He pushed the tray with my help up onto the bed. Raven gushed over him and what a good job he did making the pan-a-cakes.
“I not do it, Daddy did.”
She looked over to me, shock spreading across her face.
“Sam, Max is not your daddy.”
“I can call him whatever I want too and I want to call him daddy.”
“Petit copain, I am your friend and I want to be there for you, but you only have one daddy.”
“He is an asshole to my mommy.”
We both laughed so loud that it startled Sam.
“Sam, please don't use words like that.” She said through a laugh.
We chuckled about Sam’s use of words that morning all the way through lunch. I was having more reservation about leaving every day, but I knew I had to go.
“Sam, get your stuff Mimi is here.”
Sam ran down the hall hugging me and Raven then jumped into his grandmother’s arms.
I watched her lean in a speak to something to Raven. I walked away so they could have some privacy.

“Everything OK?”
“Apparently, Pete is in Jail and going to stay there for a while.”
“How long is a while?”
“forty years or so.”
“What happened.”
“He got drunk and stabbed a guy at a bar.”
“Well, at least I won't have to worry about him hurting you, while I am gone.”
I watched her face fall. “Please don't be sad, it is only for a bit and I will be back before you know it.”
“I know, but I am going to miss the fuck out of you Max Talbot.”
“And I you.”
I hugged her to me loving the warmth, that radiated from her body.
I kissed her hard hauling her up against my body. She moaned into my ear,” Max....”
“I need my dirty little whore tonight.” I purred into her ear. She reached down taking my length into her hand and rubbing against the material of my pants.
“You know, corduroy makes me hot.”
“Well then I am in luck.” I lifted her by her ass and she was wrapped her legs around my waist. I dropped her on the bed and pushed myself over her.
Her hands found their way to my zipper and playfully pulled it down. I wanted to get inside of her and she was going to play games with me. Our sex life was extraordinary, never a dull moment with her. My attention was brought back as her hand reached below the band of my pants, taking my dick in her hand.
“You are so hard for me.” she whispered against my ear.
My fingers dipped into her panties and I felt the moisture there and lost all control
I was pulling clothes off and pushing to get inside of her.
“Max, we have all afternoon.”
“I know but I am looking at a dry spel,l so I want to get as much of you as I can.”
Her smile softened and she opened herself up to me. I entered her quickly. I knew it wasn't going to last long but I had a couple extra shots for later. I pumped into her fast and hard and she came quickly. I pulled back enjoying her face as she came. The small wrinkles along her eyes even more visible. I leaned in, kissed her then looked for my own release. When it came I lost all control of my body and slammed into her. I saw her wince but she never said anything.
When I rolled over we were both huffing at our fun.
“I am going to miss that.”
“You are not the only one.”
It was all that was said as we made love then fucked a few more times.

The weeks had flown by and I was packing my things to leave to go to FInland to play.
“Max, I want to try this but we have to make a promise that if it doesn't work, that we will not hate each other.”
“Oui.”
I didn't know what else to say. I knew if this ended, that there would be no turning back for me. I loved this woman and wanted to marry her. I didn't want to ask now because that was just insensitive. I wanted to ask when I came back.
“I have an errand to run. I will be back in an hour.”
She let me go, even though she didn't want too.

I wandered into the jewelry store ,just looking for something that said I love you but not that I want to marry you. I found a perfect ring. The jeweler told me it was a spessartite garnet and it was orange. I loved it the moment I saw it and knew she had to have it. I was a Flyer and it was my team colors. I bought the ring and had it sized while I waited. Being Max Talbot sometimes had its perks.

I walked back into the house with the ring around my neck on a small white gold chain.
She kissed me as she was finishing up the dishes from lunch.
I have something for you, but you have to find it. Her hands went to my pants.
“Cold.” I teased her.
“Oh no I think it is hot.” she rubbed over my dick as it started to swell. I moved my hips back.
“Cold.” I said again. She looked confused and ran her hands into my back pockets. She pulled out my wallet. “I already know how much money you make.” she grinned up at me.
“Cold” I teased again.
Her hands moved to my front pockets. “I should try this area again. I felt her fingers brush my balls and I almost blew my load. “Cold.” I said again. My self control was almost gone as she slid her hands up my chest.
“Warm” she smiled up at me again.
“Oh, I like this game. can we play it later?” she stepped into me and I had to think about something else. She looped her hands over my shoulders and laid her head against the dip in my neck
“Hot” I told her. She pulled back looking around my neck, I watched as she pulled the collar of my shirt back. I saw her eyes widen as she took a hold of the necklace.
“For you my love.”
“It is perfect, Max.”
“I know” I got a swat across the chest for that.
“I want you to wear it as a sign of my love and devotion for you and Sam. I bought this for him. I pulled out a small youth Talbot sweater.
She smiled and took it. “He will love this, he slept in the other one for weeks.”
“One day soon, he will be wearing it as I carry him onto the ice, when we win the cup. I would love nothing more than to hoist Lord Stanley over my head with the two of you by my side.I pulled the chain from my neck placing the ring over her right ring finger.
“It is beautiful.”
“As are you.”
“This is my promise ring to you. I promise to be faithful, loving, understanding and honest. It is all I can do as I get ready to leave you two for a while. I want nothing more than to be here with you forever.”
“I promise the same. I love you Maxime Talbot.”
“I love you too Raven.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is so short...