Status: In progress..

When We Were Younger

Chapter Eleven

Tilly woke the next morning wrapped in Dans arms. She fluttered her eyes to realise that Dan was already awake.
"Morning beautiful." Dan said in his husky morning voice. He leant forward and kissed her shoulder.
She turned round to face him, "Morning Daniel." She kissed his lips.
Dan wrapped his arm round her waist, pulling her close. He kissed her multiple times, slower with each kiss. The last one was a proper kiss. She opened her mouth wider to accept the kiss, wanting more and more of Dan. At first it tasted of stale beer but as the kiss went on all she could taste was Dan. In some point of the kiss, Dan had taken the opportunity to pull Tilly on top of him. His hands under her top, touching her bare waist. His hands going down to her bum, grabbing slightly. Tilly knew this was going too far and broke the kiss, reluctent but a smart decision.
"Sorry Dan, I'm not ready and that was getting too..heated?" She started babbling and Dan was smirking.
He put his hand over her mouth to shut her up. She licked his hand.
"Eurgh Tils." He wiped his hand on his boxers that she was wearing.
"You put your hand over my mouth, expect it to be licked." She smirked.
Dan moved a piece of her hair that'd fallen over her face.
"I love you."
Tilly put her hand over his that was still on her cheek, her heart was throbbing. She smiled and kissed him.
"I love you too." She whispered against his lips.

When she got home she dropped Joey a text and told him her address.
He arrived 20 minutes later looking like he'd just woke up.
"You can't of just got up?" She asked as she opened her door wider to let him in.
"Excuse me but I drank more than you yesterday. That entitles me to a sleep in and a hangover, resulting in me looking like shit."
"Excuses, excuses." She tutted and smirked at him. "So what are we doing today?"
"I was thinking the skate park and then KFC, opinions?"
"Sounds good, apart from I can't skate.."
"Really? Well this is gonna be fun."
She went and changed into someone more suitable: skinny jeans, a band tee, vans and a beanie.
"Ready." She grabbed her bag.
"Great. Just warning you that I will laugh if you fall off my skateboard."
She hit him in the arm and after he finished moaning they set off.

All the way through band practice all Dan could think about was Tilly. 'She loves me. What is she doing with Joey? I know she can't come to band practice yet but.. I don't know. No, I trust her. She said she loves me, and I love her. But Joey! No Dan, stop thinking so negatively about Tilly.' He snapped out of his thoughts when someone hit him.
"Hey! What the hell man?" Dan shouted at Chris.
"What?" He shouted back. "You were too busy thinking about Tilly rather than concentrating on playing the fucking drums! Mate this is band practice not thinking about the lass you love practice."
"What?"
"Lay off it, we all know that you've said I love you and all that soppy shit. We've seen it all before and that face, from when you said it with-." Matt slapped his hand over his mouth. "Sorry mate."
"Nah it's alright, Jordans a bitch. I'm completely over her man." Even though a little voice in his head told him different. "I'm with Tilly now, and I'm pretty sure, wait no. I'm certain Tilly won't hurt me like Jordan did and I'm not gonna hurt her. I promise."
"Shit man, that was deep. You really love her don't ya?" Josh asked, stunned at the words that were coming out of Dans mouth.
"Yeah, I really do. I said it first you know. I've never ever done that, and it just came out."
"Did she say it back?"
"Yeah. This is different from what me and Jordan were."
They stayed silent for a second, trying to take all of what Dan was saying, in.
"Enough with the pussy talk, lets practice." Max said.

"Ow, ow, ow." Tilly moaned.
"How's your ankle?"
"Sore."
"That was a nasty fall. You were doing really well until you fell off."
"Yeah, it fucking hurt as well. OW, SHIT!"
"Need some help?" She nodded. "Come on then. Piggy back or carry?"
"Well considering you're wearing a backpack and you have a skate board attatched to it, I think a piggy back would be uncomfortable."
"Good point. Okay, 3 2 1. Jump!"
She jumped and he caught her. She wrapped herself around him. "I'm getting used to being carried around. Dan does it after every party." She giggled slightly remembering how she'd always fall asleep on him.
"Well this is a one off thing love, don't get used to it." He winked at her.
"That's a shame, you're rather comfortable as well." She said jokingly.
She tightened her legs around him, and rested her head on his shoulder. Her breath tickling his neck.
"I had a really great time today Joey, even if we didn't get a KFC."
"Yeah, me too. Rain check on the KFC though right?"
"Definitely." She said, aimlessly playing with his hair, twisting the slight curls round her fingers. They were silent for a little while, not an awkward silence, just a nice one.
"Joey?" Tilly broke the silence.
"Yeah?"
"How come you wanted to hang out with me and not your other friends?"
"Um, I dunno really. You seems like a pretty fun lass and I felt like we could have a really great friendship I guess. You interest me. You can be all shy and then suddenly you can be the loudest person ever."
"Oh, well thanks." She smiled at him and he smiled back.
"Now my turn for a question. Hmm.. How come you wanted you to hang around with me?"
She adjusted herself, so she was more comfortable.
"Um, first of all you cheered me up big time which I must thank you for. So thank you."
"No problem love." He smiled to himself.
"Hmm, you seemed like a fun guy to hang around. You're easy to talk to. When I first looked into your eyes, I knew I could trust you, as cheesy as it sounds its true. It's very hard for me to trust people you know, so please don't take advantage of it."
"Thank you, I promise I won't T. You can trust me."
She sighed and relaxed into him. "I do."

They arrive at Tilly's hourse and Dan was sat on her doorstep. When he saw Tilly is Joey's arm jealousy hit him, it was like a punch in the stomach.
"Hey man." Joey said.
"Hey.." Dan said skeptically.
Joey caught up on why Dan was acting weird.
"Oh shit. It's not what it looks like bro, I was teaching her how to skate and she fell off my board and hurt her ankle. She couldn't walk on it, so that's why I'm carrying her. I'm pretty sure she's fell asleep on me."
Dans thoughts dissapeared with relief. "Oh right, sorry."
"No problem, I would have been a bit freaked out if I saw you carrying my lass."
"Oh yeah, that remind me. How's you and Emma?"
"Broke up mate, too needy and I'm pretty sure I saw her go into a room with another lad at my party."
"Ouch, hope you're alright man."
"Me? Upset of chicks? Nah, not me mate." He winked at Dan. "You got a good one here though mate, don't fuck it up or I'll have to kick your arse."
"Not gonna happen mate, this is different from the other ones."
Joey nodded. "Good."
"Guess we should get her to bed.."
"Yeah, I think her key is in her bag."
They got her key, unlocked the door and took her upstairs. Luckily her parents were out so they didn't have to sneak her up and it wouldn't make her parents go mental. Two boys with their daughter asleep in one of their arms. Yikes.
Joey was laying her on her bed when her eyes fluttered open.
"Oh crap, did I fall asleep on you?" She said sleepily, rubbing her eyes.
"Yeah T, it's alright. You gonna unwrap your legs from around me?" He said smirking.
"Shit, yeah sorry." She unwrapped her legs from around him when another person sat on her bed. Dan.
"Hi sleepy head."
"Hi dick head." She said smirking lazily.
"Ouch, bad vibes from my lady." He said winking at her.
"I'm cranky when I wake up."
"You weren't this morning though." Dan winked at her.
"Right, I think this is the part where I leave."
Tilly buried her head in her pillow to hide her red face. "Remember, rain check of the KFC!" She shouted, it came out a little muffled because of the pillow.
"Yeah, I don't think you can hurt yourself on chicken. Wait, this is you I'm talking about." She could here the smirk in his voice. She turned round to face him with major devil eyes. "Okay, so I think I should definitely leave now."
She picked up the nearest pillow and through it. It hit the door just as he shut it. "I'll text you!" He shouted on the otherside of the door.
"I hate you Joeseph!" She shouted back half laughing.
"Ouch, full name. Back at you Tilly-Mae!" He shouted before shutting the front door.
"He does have a point you know." Dan said smirking.
"That's it!" She dived onto him.
They rolled around on the bed toy fighting for a while before they settled down facing each other. Dan pulled her close, wrapping an arm round her waist. Her legs tangled with his. He kissed her, he felt her smiling against his lips making him smile. He pulled back.
"I love you Tils."
"I love you too Daniel."
He pulled her closer, pressing their bodies together.
"I'll never hurt you Tils, I promise."
She nuzzled her head into him, and they just laid their together in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy x