Status: I'm still in the process of writing this as I am doing snippets here and there whenever I write it. I might update daily or weekly depending on the time I have to write.

Descendants of Heroes

Corra Sang

To this day, I remember that the skeletons had pushed me into the river. And all my memories from my life, Cassandra, everything started to fade away. The only image I kept was Nyssa. I let it be engraved on my mind so that I wouldn't lose her. Every time I went to the hospital 2 years ago for her, all the flowers and tulips. I couldn't get out of the water, no matter how much I fought to get out of it.

I don't know how long I was there, but I had almost lost Nyssa's image. The skeletons finally pulled me out of the water and dropped me on the black sand. I coughed and hacked, trying to figure out why I had been drowning. I gripped my throat and started to rub it, feeling even more sick. I tried to remember what I had deserved to be drowned. But nothing came to mind.

All I could remember was Nyssa. The young girl who I had visited in the hospital. I tried my hardest to keep her in my mind, The skeleton guards picked my up and started to drag me. I didn't know where, so I didn't exactly fight. I felt like my mind had been rewritten. With the exception of Nyssa. But even she seemed like a distant dream. Everything else, gone. I don't even remember what my favorite thing in the world was.

The skeletons took me through some very unfamiliar territory. A stone garden, a deathly gate, all things that started to mock my memory and caused me to think that I really had forgotten something. The skeletons grinned evilly when we came to the doubt doors. They opened the doors and shoved me inside.

I felt my skin crawl. I was marched to a bone knit throne. The figure was young, dark with shaggy hair and olive skinned. His eyes were a cruel pit with fire sitting in the dark pits.

“Excellent.” He had a cruel smile, something tight-lipped. He got up and came over to me. He cupped my chin and made me look at him. “Well, hello Corra. Do you remember anything?”

The image of Nyssa popped in my mind. “No... Nothing.”

“Good.” He removed his hand, sending a shiver down my spine. I knew I was suppose to fear him. “I will give you another chance to live if you help me gain power.”

“Power over what?”

“The humans. Over my brothers. But, there are... mortals who house descendants who will prevent me from raising. My deal is that I'll let you live again if you help take all the descendants down here. They aren't about to be reincarnated again.”

“Why? And what if I refuse?”

“The human world shouldn't have to suffer from those coming back. If you refuse, I'll make sure that you stay in the underworld and in my eternal torment.”

My eyes widened and I started to shake slightly. I didn't want to be stuck in eternal torment. But I felt that if I was brought back, death would just be waiting for me. Out of my own fear, I nodded.

“You have a deal.” Hades offered his hand and I reached for it, gently shaking his hand, though he had a firmer grip on my hand. My hand was burning. On the inside of my wrist, was a little burn mark of a pitchfork.

“Welcome to the team, Corra Sang. Descendants won't know who you are.” The burn mark disappeared. “Use that to your advantage.”

“Yes sir.” I must have spaced out because I returned to my house that seemed more empty.

I muttered, “What have I done...”