Status: Hope you like it.

It All Started With a Hello

Chapter 8

As Zayn and Niall get into the car the kids stop at the gift store for shirts and other merch. Niall shuffles in his seat and looks at Zayn. His cheeks are red and he looks at Zayn with puppy dog eyes. Zayn's face turns to question and Niall laughs.

"Can you finish the story?" He says tapping the dashboard.

"You too?" Zayn says looking in his rearview mirror.

Niall nods and sits back in his seat, " Come on mate. We all love to hear the story. So can you guys finish it already?"

"Niall.. come on, really? The kids arent even asking about it right now, can we please have a break with all this 'story time'!" Zayn says running his hand through his hair, "I dont want to talk about this anymore. It was fun in the beginning, but now its to much. I dont want to think about Oliviva right now! I cant handle it!" Zayn's face turns when we hears what comes out of his mouth. Niall looks away awkwardly and stays quiet. The door opens and and Jasmine climbs in with Aidan.

"Hi daddy! Look what i got!" She says holding up a teddybear. Zayn looks back and smiles. The rest of the car ride is quiet and finally arrived at Olivia's house to drop the kids off.

“Hey, guys. How was the zoo?” Olivia asks seeing the children walk into the house. Olivia had been sitting at the kitchen table looking at old photos of her and Zayn. She wasn’t going to lie, she missed him. Every time she saw him her heart would break a little more, knowing she and him weren’t together anymore.

“I got a tee shirt!” Jasmine said running up to her mother. Olivia smiled and picked the little girl up and sat her on her lap. Aidan sits down opposite of his mother and looks at her. Olivia smiles weakly thinking of the breakdown that happened just earlier.

“How you holding up?” Olivia asks concerned.

Aidan shrugs and looks at his finger nail. “Be better if you’d finish the story.”

“Yeah! Please, mommy! Uncle Niall asked and daddy flipped out!” Jasmine said looking up at her mother.

“Okay, couldn’t hurt.”
----------------------------------------------
*OLIVIA’S P.O.V.*

As we get in to the cart I look over at Zayn. He looks a little uneasy but then he looks at me and smiles.
“Wait!” Someone shouts. I look over and Niall is pushing through the crowd. “Here’s the ticket!”
He smiles at us and then hops in the cart with us. Zayn’s cheek look like they are burning from anger. I sigh and look out as Zayn gives Niall the death stare.

“What?” Niall asks sitting in between us.

“I am going to kill you.” I hear Zayn whisper. As the ride begins Zayn grips the bar that is holding up in tightly.

“You alright mate?” Niall asks looking at him strangely.

“Perfect.”

I look at Zayn and he has fear in his eyes. “Zayn! Why didn’t you tell me?! We didn’t have to go on this ride.” Zayn smiles weakly and laughs.

“Its alright, Im fine” I look at him and he doesn’t look fine. His face has gone pale and his knuckles are white from gripping the bar so hard.

“I should have known you were afraid of heights. I feel horrible. “ I say getting angry at myself.

“Olivia, how where you suppose to know?” Zayn says laughing. “I’ll be okay, don’t worry. I just can’t look down.” I look at him in pity. This is supposed to be fun but Zayn looks like he’s about to throw up.

After the ride we decide its time to head home. We get to the car and Zayn opens the car door for me. I smile and get in. He looks at Niall one last time and then gets into the driver seat.

We drop Niall off first at his flat then Zayn heads to the hotel. As we get closer Zayn sighs then laughs. I look at him and begin laughs also.

“I am terribly sorry about tonight. Niall should have never come.”

“No, It was… perfect. I had a good time.” I say reassuring him. Zayn looks at me with a ‘really?’ facial expression and it makes me laugh. “Im serious!”
“Alright, alright. At least let me make it up to you. Dinner at 6 tomorrow night? “ Zayn says after I hit him on the arm playfully. I nod and blush.

“Can I walk you up?” Zayn says pulling into the parking lot of the hotel.

“Id like that.” I say getting out of the car. Zayn follows and we continue talking. To soon, we get to my hotel room and I get my key out.

“I really did have a good time.” I say one last time. When I look up I get surprised by Zayn’s soft plump lips crashing into mine. At first I just stand there but then I join in the kiss.

Our lips move in sync. Zayn’s tongue slightly grazes my bottom lip asking for entrance and I allow. His tongue and mine fight for victory but Zayn’s win. I put my hands in Zayn’s perfect hair and his find my waist. I was like magic, I could feel the sparks on my lips. When I pull away…

---------------------------------------

“That’s,” Olivia says putting her fingers on her lips, “When I found out I was in love with your father…”

The room is silent; the kids don’t dare to move. Olivia’s face lights up and she stands up letting the photos that were places on her lap fall.

“Aidan, watch Jassy.” Olivia says as she moves out of the kitchen and out the door to her car. The kids look at each other and then down to the floor. There are pictures scattered on the floor. The kids go over to them and they sit on the floor Criss-Cross style. The closer the children are to the pictures the more they can see that they are old and some are ripped. Aidan picks one up with his mother and father kissing. He turns it over and tries to read the handwriting he recognizes as his fathers.

Your touch feels like the caress of wind.
Your smile lights up my day.
Your eyes have many stories to narrate.
A lady as divine as you,
Makes all my wishes come true.
I love you more than I love myself…

He smiles and puts that one down as Jasmine hands him another.

“What does this one say Aiddy?” The older boy picks the fragile picture out of his sister’s hands and turns it over and resists the words. This one is also his father’s words.

I wish I spend every minute of my day,
With a girl as gorgeous as you in every way.
You changed my world very sweetly,
What can I bring you oh my lovely!
I dream of a life together with you,
Filled with everlasting love and happiness so true.

Aidan smiles at the words. He looks over at his sister and she smiles back.

“Our plan worked.” He says simply as the little girl crawled into his arms and kissed his cheek.