Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 6

Alex walked in to see everyone in the lounge watching tv and his eyes landed on Jack. Jack looked back but Alex looked away and went to his bunk.

He undressed himself and got under the covers, facing the wall. He heard the curtain to his bunk slide open not too long after and turned around to see Jack. "Fuck off, I don't want to see you." Jack ignored him and sat at the end of the bed. "Alex... I'm so sorry. I was just in a bad-" "BULLSHIT. You weren't. You wanted to forget about what happened, but you remembered. You lied and said you didn't. And you called me the worst thing-" Alex cut himself off when his voice cracked. "the worst thing you could ever call me."

Jack tried not to cry as he watched Alex sit up, sobbing into his hands. "A-Alex. It was wrong of me and if I could go back in time I would have never said it." "So why did you in the first place?!" he yelled. "I was denying me feelings. So...so I said that to convince myself. But that doesn't mean I should've called you what I did and I really am sorry."

Alex nodded, forgiving Jack somewhat. Why? Because he was Jack. He loved him. But he was still upset. "It's okay that you called me that. I mean, it is what I am. Yeah it was rude but I can get over that," Alex started. "But... It's not okay that you lied. I know you remember. And I know you remember what you said to me." Jack nodded. "I know." Alex crossed his legs to let Jack sit in the bunk fully, and closed the curtain. "So... Is what you said true?" Alex asked. Jack smiled. "Hell yeah. Alex, I'm sorry that I lied. But what I told you last night was true. I enjoyed it. And it's because I think I may have feelings for you." he said shyly. Alex shook his head. "Don't fool with me Jack. I don't need that." Alex's heart was pounding harder every second that went by.

Jack scooted closer to Alex, putting his hands on Alex's. "Im not. I've been feeling it for a while now. On stage... I kiss you because I want to." Alex smiled a little. "So... What does that mean?" Jack sighed. Yeah he had feelings for Alex. But as of now, it wasn’t as big as love. He loves Alex a lot - as a friend. He's not ready for a relationship. Jack paused and Alex started to get worried.

"Jack-" Jack pulled away and got out of the bunk. "Alex I'm not ready for a relationship. I like you. But you're also my best friend. I just...don't want to date you. YET. Not yet I-" Alex was angry as he interrupted the other boy. "Out. Get out. You're so heartless Jack. Tell me you like me then bring me down? Leave me alone Jack. I don't want to see you." Jack sighed and turned around. "Thanks for the gift. And maybe if you let me finish what I was going to say," he started, walking to the door to the livingroom area “then maybe you’d understand why I want us to wait.” That was all he said and he walked out.

Alex shut the curtain and grumpily faced the wall, crying. 'how could he hurt me like that?' he thought. He wasn't ready to date Alex. Yet he's the one who cut through Alex's heart and Alex still accepted his apology. Maybe he wasn't ready to have a proper relationship with Jack. Or maybe he should have let Jack finish. Either way, Alex was upset. And yeah, he felt bad for letting his grumpiness take over him and upset Jack. Especially after Jack was finally coming to his senses and actually meant his apology.

"Alex?" Zack walked in and sat on the bunk. "Why can't anyone leave me alone? Please go away. I want to be by myself." "After this," Zack said. "I know you're mad at him. But at least he tried. Don't be so hard on him. Give him some time. Please. He loves you, just doesn't know it yet." Alex grunted. "Yeah whatever." Zack left Alex alone and Alex fell asleep.

If Zack was honest, he eavesdropped on the conversation. And if he was even more honest, he thinks Alex is the one in the wrong here. He knows how both of them are, and how both of them think. And he knows the real reason Jack didn’t want to give himself all to Alex just yet. And if the older boy gave Jack a chance to speak, he would be totally okay with waiting for Jack. He would just let Alex sulk then. Yeah, Alex needed him. But he wasn’t going to baby Alex this time. Zack didn’t want to deal with him if he was going to make this all about him, when in fact Jack is hurting just as much.
♠ ♠ ♠
So uh, yeah. This is the next chapter! Enjoy! Thanks for all the support so far. I've been continuing this because of you guys! <3
Thanks to:
KaatieeATL
f0reverbr0ken
skeleton_in_me
illbeincostco
s-xwithal-xgaskarth