The Ship of Dreams

Snake Pit



In the tea room Franks mother sat with the other ladies drinking her tea. She was considered a leader to them and they followed everything she did. The new lady on the ship, also known as the "new money", walked in catching her eye after bragging about her sons achievements.

"Look, its that Molly." She sneered and stood up. "Come along before she sits with us."

"Oh! Hello ladies, thought I'd catch you at tea." Molly explained.

"Oh, you just missed it. Me and the other ladies were just heading out for some fresh air." She looked at the two aside her and nodded.

"Oh good. I need to catch up on my gossip." Molly said excitedly.

The other ladies didn't seem as pleased.

At the next table other sat the captain and publisher. He wanted the Titanic to make head lines, while the captain just wanted to cruise the sea.

"I see you haven't lit the last four boilers yet?" He asked.

"Well, we're making excellent time. There's no need yet"

"But, we want this to make headlines, show up on New York earlier! Make speed headlines!"

____

"Why can't I be more like you Gerard? Head out to the horizon whenever I want to!" Frank smiled over at Gerard leaning on the rail. "Say we'll go to that pier...Even if we just talk about it."

"No, we'll do it. Drink cheep beer, ride the collar coaster till we through up, and ride horses on the beach. But you'll have to ride like a real cowboy." He looked at Frank and winked.

"You mean one leg on each side?...Can you show me?"

"Sure." He smiled.

"Teach me to ride like a man." He giggled.

"And chew tobacco like man." He added.

"And spit like a man." He laughed along with Gerard.

"What they didn't teach you that in finishing school." Gerard joked.

"No." Frank laughed

"Come on! I'll show you!" He quickly rounded around Frank and grabbed his hand.

"Gerard no! Gerard!" Frank tried to pull back as Gerard pulled him to the lower deck. Frank stopped at the rail with Gerard and watched him spit pretty far out at sea.

"See. That's how you do it. Now you try." He watched Frank pitifully spit straight down.

"That was awful! No, you really got to get some lavage." He snorted and spit hard at the sea again.

"Mhm." Frank responded trying to get more spit up, and did a little better.

"Better, but you have to work on it."

"Really?" Frank said disappointed.

"Yea, like you have to really-" Gerard snorted hard as Frank's mother and the ladies, including Molly stood beside them watching Gerard ready to spit.

"Oh hello mother." Frank quickly responded, "This is Mr.Way. The man who saved my life." He added as Gerard swallowed.

"Pleased, I'm sure." His mother said looking at him like a bug that needed to be killed.

"Well, mister Way you seem to be good to have around in a sticky situation." Molly joked as diner was announced by a horn."Must they insist on announcing diner like a calvery charge." She rolled her eyes as Frank laughed.

"Yes, uh shall we dress mother?" He asked quickly grabbing his mothers arm. "I'll see you at diner Gerard." He smiled.

Gerard stood back smiling as Molly tried snapping him out of it.

"Hey, hello? Do you have any idea what your getting into?" She asked concerned.

"No." Gerard laughed.

"Well, your getting into the snake pit."

Gerard didn't respond just looked after Frank and the other.

"What are you planning on wearing?" She asked.

Gerard just looked down at his outfit and she tusked, grabbing his arm.

__

"I was right! You and my son are about the same size." Molly said happily as Gerard stood by the mirror. He was dressed in a black suit with a red tie. His black hair cleaned and neatly swayed to the left, as he flipped it to the side.

"Pretty close." Gerard added.

"You shine up like a new penny." She laughed and they headed down to diner.

___

"I don't like this Mr.Way guy." Bert told Jepha getting ready for diner.

"Me either sir...Seems attracted to your fiance." Jepha added.

"Yes, I saw..." Bert glared. "We'll keep him away so I'm not worried. I told Frank what would happen...He's a good boy."

"Mmm I heard so last night." Jepha laughed as he fixed his own tie.

Bert looked over at Jepha and nodded his head before they headed out to diner as well.
♠ ♠ ♠

I love you guys!
<3
All the comments are amazing and make me update with pride!
So I will dedicate the next chapter to you all.
=D
XOXO
Amanda