Angels of Unknown

Chapter 13

KAY's POV

I got out of the car and slammed the door, Ravi tutting as he always did when I over-exerted myself on the pride and joy that was his Mercedes SLK.
The engine stopped and I heard a whining from inside the car.
'Kaaaaaaaaaaay!' He asked, much like a five year old wanting a bedtime story

I could take no more of this. I strutted to the apartment; my high heels clicking at huge speed as I walked as fast as I could.

'Hey! Kay! You sexy minx! Wait up!' Ravi cried, puffing along.

I ignored him, and carried on powerwalking up to our home.

'Kay! Honey! What's wrong?'

I gritted my teeth.

'Kaaaaaaayyy?' came the whiny voice that I found oh-so-annoying; grating on my nerves, threatening to make my temper shoot up.
Walking into the building, I carried on walking at a pace that I knew Ravi could not keep up with.

Once again, I thanked God for giving me long legs.

'Kay! Seriously, babe, what's up?' Ravi called out.

That was it. I stopped. Waiting for Ravi to catch up, I froze.

He caught up, and started poking me.

'Kay? Babe? Sugar? Honey? Love?'

I spun around and pushed him against the wall.

'I'll tell you what's wrong, you...you bastard!' I shouted at him.

'I don't matter to you anymore, do I? It's Lyn-Z that you fucking care about! I'm just...just...a plaything! Well, I'm telling you something! She's with Gee! You're supposed to be with me!'

He quivered as I bore into his eyes, his chest plunging up and down as he struggled for breath.

"Aaaaaargh!" I screamed in his face, words not being able to explain my predicament.
Running to our ground floor apartment, heels clacking, skirt and hair flying, I opened the door, ran in, and slammed it shut, his cry of 'Kaaaay' muffling as it shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a bit bleh, but...it's something.