Angels of Unknown

Chapter 4

LAURI's POV

I held Lyn-z's hand, and stopped outside the gargantuan iron gates that signified the local cemetary. My high heels clicked as I noisily stepped over the threshold, tugging her along.

“Why are we here, Lauri?” Her voice quivered with fear and anxiety, which caused me to put my arm around her.

“It'll all be clear in a moment, hun”

“Tell me.” She stopped in her tracks. “Please, Lauri. I haven't been here before. Gerard never used to let me come near this place. Any time I mentioned it, he went all weird. I don't know how, or why. Just... Just tell me, please!”

I gave her a solemn stare, and pulled her along, stopping at a shiny marble tomb-stone, which read:

________________________Here lies the body of Mr Frank Iero
_____________It was the collision of your kiss,
_________That made it so hard.


“Has Gerard been having any... flashbacks... or anything at all? Any weird occurrences?”

She raised her head and looked at me in utter shock.

“Y-yes! How do you know?”

“You'll see.”

I went up to the tombstone and rubbed my hand on the top, sighing. I stared at Lyn-z, who made herself as small as possible.

“Lauri... why are we here? I can't take this any more! Just how you can't take cliffhangers in stories. The difference here is that this is life.” Lyn-z moaned, tremoring violently.

“Ha! Death more like!” I chuckled, patting the gravestone. Morbid comedy was never really my thing.

“Lauri... just tell me!”

I sighed, and shivered due to the penetrating wind that swept through the grounds of the eerily quiet cemetary. I walked back to Lyn-z, and surrounded her in a tight hug.

“Well this is great craic, isn't it?” I muttered sarcastically.

“Sorry?”

“Well... you're silent! If I were you, my mouth'd be running like... well... a leaky tap!”

“Well... I'm shocked, that's all. Shocked, and scared shitless. This whole graveyard thing really isn't my scene!”

We stood in silence once again. A group of magpies flew away, and stray leaves blew across the grounds; the only sound being the whistling wind.

“One thing I am concerned about, though, is the fact that you know what's going on. You know that he's having flashbacks. A part of me thinks that you two ar-”

“No, Lyn-z, it's not like that. He's not cheating on you with me. We were together ages ago. Nothing left. I promise.”

She sighed, and stared at the grave.

“Look, Lyn-z, the truth is that Ge-”

I felt a buzzing from my pocket. My phone. I excused myself and ran away to use it.

“Sorry... Lyn-z... I've gotta run. I'll tell you another time, okay? I promise!”

With that, I departed, leaving Lyn-z standing near the grave.

Little did she know that it was the grave of her husbands causing...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to wish a happy birthday to the main author/plot writer of the story!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNY!