Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Can't Shift

"Ally, wake up." A deep, but distant voice called to Ally. She groaned and turned in her comfortable bed. "Ally, wake up." The voice was getting closer and sounded impatient, but Allie did not move or wake. "Ally!" With the voice being right in her ear, Ally literally jumped a foot off the bed and landed in a crouch position.
"HUH?" She cried very disoriented and confused. Once her brain woke up and processed what was going on she calmed down and asked, "Derrek, why are you waking me up," She looked out her window, "Before the sun is in the sky?"
"Alpha training, let's go. Be down in 10 minutes or you're paying a penalty." He turned and left. Ally fell back and groaned in annoyance; she had not fallen asleep until 3am and from what the clock was telling her, it was only 6am. She let out another noise of frustration before catapulting up and quickly changing into sweat pants and a t-shirt. Ally jogged downstairs to find Derrek sipping his coffee. "Do you always get up this early?"
"Usually." He replied nonchalantly.
"You're crazy." Ally replied, shaking her head and grabbed a bowl of cereal. After quickly eating, Derrek and Ally walked deep into the woods and began stretching.
"Alright, I need you to sit, kneel, stand... whatever makes you comfortable. Then I need you to go back to when you shifted and talk me through it. If you start to shift, let it, I can help you come back." Ally hesitantly nodded her head, closed her eyes, and started to think back to when she shifted. They spent an hour and a half in the woods trying to get her to change, even just a little, yet it was useless. When her phone went off, she sigh in frustration; she knew she could not do it.
"We'll keep working on it." He ruffled her hair and let her run off while he stayed in the woods. He knew this was going to be hard, he just never realized how difficult it could be. Changing had always come easy to him, yet for her he could sense fear. Fear to what? He did not know, but he would work with her so she could control it when she did finally shift again. Derrek ran his fingers through his hair, trying to think of ways to get her to change, even if it was only to her Beta form.
While Derrek wandered the woods, Ally was dashing around like a mad man trying to get ready for work. She quickly changed into jeans and a polo, grabbed some toast, and disappeared out the door. She arrived at work two minutes late. "Sorry."
"You look exhausted." Deaton commented as he set up for the day.
"Alpha man decided to start my Alpha training at 6 in the freaken morning." Ally grumbled as she started sterilizing the the table.
"Sounds like he interrupted your beauty sleep."
"Not so much beauty sleep as deep sleep. I'd only passed out three hours earlier."
"You sleeping alright?" He turned to look at he fully.
Ally chuckled under his gaze, "Except for last night, I've been sleeping my best in a while."
"If you ever want to talk, I'm here." She smiled and went back to work, Deaton knew she would talk when she was ready.
The rest of the day went on normal and when she got home, fell asleep on the couch until dinner. For two months she woke every other morning at 6, tried to shift, always failed, trained with the others, went to work, and went to school. She rarely had any time to rest, but found it enjoyable. At night she tended to be too tired to even dream, a sweet relief after years of nightmares.
Her patience was wearing thin, and her emotions wavered between frustration, anger, and fear. After two months she had barely shifted to her Beta form and Derrek's endless patience snapped. She coward down as he shouted, "Go. Just go and take a break. Try to clear your head from whatever's stopping it from focusing on the task at hand." He stormed off into the pre-morning light, leaving frustration in his wake. Ally quietly screamed in frustration and shot up. She walked with no direction in mind until she was practically running. She finally stopped and punched the tree in front of her.
"Frustrated?" Ally turned her head to see Peter leisurely walking towards her. "You should not take it out on the tree you know."
"I know." She whispered and slid down the tree until she was sitting. "What am I doing wrong?" Normally Ally would have run away from Peter, but she was desperate.
"Well, from watching on occasion you seem to be resisting it. The change I mean." He walked back and forth thinking, "Whenever you get close to shifting to your Alpha I smell fear. And that fear is what is preventing your shift. So little Omega, what is this great fear?"
Ally was quiet until she whispered, "I don't know..."
"Come now, you should know you can't lie to a wolf."
"Technically you can..." She did not think he heard her, until he replied
"Aaah, that is it, the person is your block. Now why do you fear him or her?" Ally remained silent. "Hmm, let me guess." Images flashed through Ally's mind, causing her to emit fear and sadness.
"I have to go. Thank you Peter, for helping me figure out why I can't shift." She started jogging, but when she got to the tree line she stopped, "One question. If an Alpha's been dead for a while, they can't be brought back right?"
"If the Alpha's been dead too long, no they cannot be brought back." Peter answered with his lips twitching into a small smile; her fear.
"Thanks, farewell." She ran through the woods with a heavy mind. She spend the next three days thinking through her crowded mind. She skipped the next training morning, knowing she had yet to conquer her fear. Derrek was not too happy with her when he woke her up on the fourth day to train. She could feel his annoyance from upstairs as he moved around in the kitchen. Taking a deep breath, she walked to where he was and they walked to the site in silence.
"Ready?" He grumbled. Ally nodded and knelt down to try and become in tune with her wolf. After ten minutes of trying to shift, she started making progress. She fully shifted to her Beta form, and it was another twenty before she started to shift further. Her light blonde hair started to slowly change to white and her human features started to morph into wolf ones. Derrek leaned forward, impressed that she was finally showing signs of being able to shift at will. However, Ally's mind was in turmoil as she tried to let her wolf take over and remember why she first shifted, but it clashed with her fear. Soon enough she screamed and she folded in on herself crying; once again fully human. She sobbed into her lap and rocked as her fear consumed her.
Derrek ran over, pulled her into his lap, and tried to calm her. "Shhh, it's okay." He whispered words that Ally never understood, but after a little while she was able to use his voice as an anchor and calm down. "You alright?" He whispered near her ear.
"I can't do this." She hiccuped back.
"What made you scared, Ally?" The combination of his voice and heartbeat was soothing.
Ally did not reply right away, she had not talked about how deep her fear went to anyone. Yes, the pack knew that her old Alpha was bat shit crazy and that she made Ally watch as she massacred their pack, but it went deeper than that; it was personal. "I... I don't want to be like her." Tears once again spilled over the waterline of her eyes. "I... I... Don't want to be like that."
"Ally you won't be like her. She was crazy, you aren't."
Ally shook her head. "You don't understand, she wasn't always like that. Her Alpha form made her go insane."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bumbumbum...