Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Family of Alphas

Derrek's breath hitched as Ally continued. It was rare for a wolf to go insane as an Alpha. Usually, they cannot change back and the wolf goes insane, not the pair goes crazy together. "The change in behavior was gradual. She slowly went from loving to scary. From protector to short tempered and dealing out beatings like water. She became the Alpha everyone was afraid of. She would hunt you down if you tried to leave the pack and use you as an example of what would happen if someone tried to leave...." Ally went quiet, trying to control her emotions and voice, "She went from being the one person you could talk to, to the person you feared the most."
Derrek could feel Ally's pain as if it were his. He asked a question, he was slightly afraid to know the answer to, "Ally, who was she to you?"
"My Alpha."
"No, before she became Alpha. Ally was she related to you?" Derrek knew what it was like to have a crazy Alpha in the family.
"...She was my sister." She whimpered and Derrek finally understood why the fear was so engraved in Ally's soul. "She was so strong!" Ally turned in his embraced and looked to him for answers, "If she couldn't handle it, how can I? I'm only an Omega, I've always been an Omega. She... could have been the Beta!" She started hyperventilating.
Derrek placed his hands on both sides of her face and made her look at him in the eyes. "Ally, look at me. Not everyone is made to hold that kind of power, that's why only a select few ever shift into the Alpha form. But you need to remember, you aren't her. She may have been strong, but so are you. You know your wolf better than anyone, do you really think she would be able to drive you mad? Your soul is strong Ally. You may lack confidence in yourself, but I've seen you rise to the occasion to protect. The time you shifted is a testimony to it and you haven't gone mad yet. You can do this, you aren't your sister." Mixed feelings flowed through Ally and Derrek could smell and see them. "Did she ever talk to you about her wolf?"
Ally casted her eyes down, "Not really. If I did, she'd grin and tell me she was a born wolf and that she could handle her."
"She may not have told you that she never fully became insync with her. It took me a while to fully grasp the Alpha form because my wolf fought me tooth and nail for dominance. Eventually I had to show it who was boss and we finally harmonized again. She may never have done that with hers."
"Maybe." She whispered.
"Think about it and we'll start training again in a few days. Let's get back to the house." Ally nodded and got off of Derrek's lap. They quietly walked back, this time in a more comfortable silence than when they had come. Ally was a little sluggish and tripped a few times from being exhausted emotionally and mentally. The pair entered the house to find most of the pack in their living room and kitchen.
"Derrek! What did you do to Ally?" Stiles cried as he threw his hands int he air.
"I didn't do anything." He defended and crossed his arms.
"Riiiight?" He replied in disbelief, earning him a growl.
"It's okay Stiles, I've just had a rough morning. Derrek's been helping me try and shift to my Alpha form and I'm still unable to do it." Ally smiled reassuringly to her friend.
"And then he yelled at you!" He accused.
"Stiles!" Derrek growled out.
Ally laughed and replied, "No, he actually calmed me down from having a panic attack. Relax." She smiled and patted Stiles on the shoulder.
"Are you okay? Panic attacks aren't fun." He spoke as if he has had experience with them.
"I'm fine thank you." He sighed in relief and gave her a side hug.
"So why is everyone here on a school day?" Derrek asked his pack.
"Oh yes!" Stiles turned to Derrek and got serious. "Dad got a call last night, they found a body of a man torn apart. I peeked at some of the pics and it doesn't look like how a werewolf would attack."
"Is this the first reporting?"
"In our area: yes, in others no. However, there is more. They also found a dozen ripped apart carcasses of random animals. These looked like a feral."
"Why do we always attract ferals?" Isaac asked.
"I don't know, but everyone be on the look out and be careful. We'll have a meeting about it tomorrow. Stiles, keep me updated on what you find out. Get to school before you're late." The pack nodded and headed out the door. Ally looked to Derrek who was deep in thought. "I'm going to scope out the woods, get some rest."
"Okay, but remember if you come back and I'm out, I'm most likely at school. I'll be home around 9." Derrek nodded and then turned to head back out into the woods. Ally trudged to her room for a much needed nap.