Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Monsters Unmasked

Ally made it to class just as her Physics teacher started his lecture. Ally had a hard time following all the equations he kept referring to and swore she would convince Lydia to help her figure things out; she was a secret math wiz after all. Ally's brain hurt by the time lecture was done. She had just enough time to grab a little something to eat before she was off again to English. She listened for 50 minutes about Hamlet and was assigned to read Act 2 for the next class period. She looked up at the clock and realized the teacher had gone a bit over and she had 5 minutes to get across campus for her voice lesson. She quickly packed up her things and once he dismissed the class she all but ran to the Performing Arts Center for her lesson. She greeted her voice teacher and after talking for about 10 minutes, she started singing her warm-up song.
Ally decided to spend the next hour in the library to study for her Bio exam. The next time she looked at her cellphone, she packed up her things for dinner. She had a half an hour to eat and decided to start her Hamlet reading. She never actually read more than a page because a few people from her bio class joined her and they got to talking. Ally was her normal shy quiet self, but she did interact with which she counted as a win. However, 5:30 came too soon and she had to go to Bio lab, so she said farewell and went to class. The class was going to be a bit longer than normal because they had to do an experiment and dissect the thoracic cavity of their cat. Her group worked on the lab first, since it had questions, and once finished and e-mailed to their teacher, they started opening up and learning about the cat. Ally was volunteered to do the actual cutting, while Drew pointed out a lot of the structures they would have to know for the practical. 8:20 finally rolled around and the group carefully placed the cat in its bag, cleaned the tools, tray, and table, and left for the night. Ally stifled a yawn as she opened her car and finally drove home.
As she walked through the front door, the pack meeting was just ending. The wolves in the house cringed at the smell Ally was emanating. "Ally, what did you do today?" Isaac asked as he blocked his nose.
Ally scowled and sniffed herself, "I don't smell thaaat bad. But I dissected the thoracic cavity of my cat today. I'm going to shower." She turned on her heels and walked upstairs to wash. After cleansing herself of formaldehyde and other preserving chemicals, Ally walked downstairs to find the pack still hanging out. "Have you gotten any closer to figuring out what the other creature(s) are?"
"No." Derrek grumbled.
"Maybe it's a la chupacabra."
"Ally be serious." He growled.
Ally frowned, "I kinda was. It's not everyday we run into one of those."
"Ally, it's only a myth." Allison commented.
"So are we." She pointed out and then disappeared into the kitchen to find something to eat.
"You're eating after just opening a cat?!" Lydia asked surprised.
Ally pulled out jelly for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Yeah, I actually got hungry while I was dissecting it."
"You know you're a health professions major when you get hungry while cutting this open." Stiles grinned. Ally grinned back and bit into her sandwich as Lydia cringed and everyone else shook their heads.
The pack would not find out what the creature is until two weeks later when Ally was walking home after her shift at the clinic. She had stayed late to finish up paperwork only to find that her car had died, go figure. She tried her cell, but that too decided to be dead. With a sigh, she decided to just walk home since it was only about 20 minutes away; not using wolf abilities. She started jogging and ten minutes in she saw something strange. A car was on the side of the road with two humanoid figures hunch over something. Ally approached cautiously as a weird smell hit her nose and her senses went on high alert. "Hey!" She called to the human esque shapes. Their heads shot up and Ally saw that another human lay on the ground covered in blood. Her protective side started to become dominant and she growled, "Get away!" The creatures jumped up into a crouch position and hissed at her. From her distance Ally could make out glowing red eyes and sharp white canines; they smelt of death. She growled again and they attacked her. With inhuman speed, even a little faster than wolf speed, one of them pounced on her and scratched her. She growled for a third time and slashed at the thing on top of her. It cried out and jumped off, while the other one hissed at her. She jumped up, fully transformed into her Beta form. The one not wounded bolted towards her and as it approached she raked her claws up its chest as she sidestepped. It cried out in pain as it rejoined its partner. In unison they hissed and jumped away into the nearby forest. Ally was tempted to chase after them, but she had more immediate thing to worry about. She retracted her claws, teeth, and facial hair and ran to the woman on the ground.
"Ma'am? Ma'am, speak to me." All the woman did was gargle out a moan and flop her head about. Ally took in a sniff and almost vomited; the woman's smell was tainted. She started to cry out in pain as her wounds pulsed and reddened. Biting her lip, Ally did the only thing she knew and brought her mouth to the wounds on the woman's neck and wrist. She sucked out all of the tainted blood from her neck wound, called for 911, and cleansed the wrist area. By the time Ally finished she was covered in blood, she could hear the sirens approaching, and the woman was in terrible condition but alive. Ally wiped her arm across her mouth, checked over the woman once more, and ran back to the house.
As Ally walked up the stairs, she could hear the strong heartbeats of the pack and knew that they were having another meeting about what was terrorizing their territory. She opened the door to Derrek yelling, "What the hell are these things?"
"Vampires." She replied nonchalantly. "We are dealing with vampires."
♠ ♠ ♠
So the dissecting bit about Ally getting hungry actually happened to me. First day we started dissecting the cat I got hungry while we worked on the leg muscles. I'm not weird, okay maybe a little, but I hadn't eaten since 11am and it was like 2:30. I was overdue for food.