Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Here to Stay

Ally tracked down the clinic as it reached 4pm. She slowly opened the door and called for Deaton. "Hello?"
A muffled, "One second." Called back and Ally waited near the desk. Her eyes glided over the walls and looked at the pictures that hung on the walls. Ally heard Deaton walking towards her and turned to face him. "Hello Ally, how can I help you?"
"Um, is the job offer still open?" Ally played with her fingers as she waited for an answer.
"You want to take it?" She nodded her head eagerly. "Great! Just fill out the paper work and let me know when you can start." He handed her a small pack of papers and a pen. As Deaton disappeared back to the room with the animals in his care, Ally sat down and filled out packet. She took her time to make sure she filled everything out correctly. Once finished, she cleared her throat and waited again.
"All done?" He looked through the packet and smiled. "You can start tomorrow?" She nodded again. "Excellent. We open at 8am, can you come in then?"
"Yes."
"Great, how does 8-5 sound?"
"Sounds good to me." Ally smiled with her head tilted down in shyness. "Um, do you know any apartments renting? I need a place to stay and I can't keep staying at Stiles's house."
Deaton was quiet as he thought, "Well, I know one person who has an extra room but I'd have to talk to the person first. I'll let you know tomorrow if the person is okay with it or not."
"Thank you. I will see you tomorrow." Ally waved good-bye and headed back into the town. The rest of the day she walked around town and then went back to Stiles's house to find him not home. She finished her home work and fell asleep before Stiles or his father returned home.
At 7:15am Ally's alarm went off, waking her from a dark dream. Ally unclenched her fist and waited until she was calmer before getting up; afraid her wolf was showing. She dragged her feet to the bathroom, quickly got ready, left a note, and walked to work. Ally arrived right at eight and greeted Deaton. He instructed her on her job and she worked happily throughout the day.
"You work well with animals." Deaton commented as he drew blood from a poodle.
"I understand them better than people. I've never really been a people person." Ally replied as she stroked the dog. "People are confusing."
"Even with your heightened abilities?" He raised a brow.
"Human minds are complex even when I can smell their emotions. The emotion doesn't tell me their thoughts and people can get clever when it comes to lying. Bending the truth and half truths don't always alter your heart beat."
"You seem to have a lot of experience with that."
"Yes, a bit too much." Ally muttered as she bend over to nuzzle the dogs head in praise. "You're such a good boy." She cooed to the dog whose tail started to wag happily.
"Dr. Deaton I'm here!" Scott called and entered the room.
"Just in time. Ally you can put Sky back into his crate, Scott I need you to clean the table for me please."
"Yep. What's Ally doing here?" Ally blushed as she picked up Sky and carried him to the back where the crates were.
"She's working here now as my assistant." Deaton replied as he restocked his supplies.
"Welcome to clinic." Scott smiled as Ally re-entered the room.
"Ah Th-thanks." She gave an unsure smile.
"Oh yes, the person I was talking to you about yesterday should be here soon. He agreed to rent his room to you." Deaton smiled. A car could be heard pulling up and he looked over to the door. "That should be him now. Ally cocked my head and slowly followed the Doctor. Before even leaving the room she stopped when she realized who this kind person was. Derrek entered, looking as unhappy as ever. "Nice to see you, Derrek."
He grunted a reply and looked up at me. "Ready?" Ally bit her lip and nodded. "Let's go." He turned and walked back out the door.
Ally gave Deaton a pleading look, causing him to laugh. "Go, you will be fine." She doubted that, but waved bye and hurried to Derrek's car. She slid into the passenger's seat and Derrek took off.
"I assume you need to get your things at Stiles's."
"Yes." She whispered, knowing full well that he could hear her. The rest of the ride was quiet until they pulled up to the house.
"Get your things, and hurry up." Ally scurried out of the car and ran up the stairs. She knocked on the door and waited for a reply; knowing Stiles was home.
"Greetings!" Stiles smiled. His eyes fell on the car behind Ally and his head turned sideways. "Is that Derrek?"
"Yeah, I guess I'm kinda ah living with him now." She shifted her weight from side to side.
"Really?" His eyes widened and then he grinned, "Maybe you can make him less of a sourpuss." With Ally's sensitive hearing, she could hear Derrek growling at Stiles's remark. "Well, come on in and retrieve your bag." Ally nodded and went straight to his room. She packed the few things still left out and headed back down.
"Thanks for letting me stay Stiles, it means a lot to me." Ally smiled.
"You should smile more, it suites you." He grinned before pulling her into a hug. Ally locked up a moment before awkwardly patting his back. "If ya ever get bored, come on over." He opened the door for her and waved as she left to the car. She slipped in again and held her bag on her lap. She was slightly shaking as they drove to her new home.
Derrek sighed, "I'm not going to hit you, you know." She could feel he was annoyed at how she was trembling.
"Sorry." She mumbled, "I haven't known very many Alphas and the one I knew wasn't very nice." She picked at her bag, not wanting to really look at him.
He nodded, "I care for me and mine, if you don't hurt them then you're safe. Okay?"
"Okay." She could feel his eyes on her, but Ally did not look up too submissive to even try. The more time they spent in the car, the more Ally could smell Derrek's confusion to how she reacted to things. He seemed to have never met anyone who was so shy and submissive as her. This realization made her more nervous, shy, and embarrassed.
"We're here." Derrek announced as he cut the engine to his car. Ally looked up to find a cozy looking house on the outskirts of town that had woods as its backyard.
Her mouth opened slightly as the prospect of living in a house again, actually living anywhere. "Beautiful." She spoke almost inaudibly. Derrek looked at her and shrugged, it was not his old home but it would suffice as a place where his pack could come and go. He jerked his head, telling Ally to follow. She quickly complied and caught up to him. She hesitated a moment at the door and slowly stepped over the threshold. Derrek looked at her questioningly. She blushed and answered his unspoken question. "It's been a while since I've had a place to call home."
Derrek seemed to understand and turned away, "I'll show you to your room." Ally nodded and followed him up the stairs. He stopped at the first door on the right and opened it. "This is your room. Door on your left is the bathroom and the door at the end of the hallway is my room. We have a closed door policy: if the door's open anyone can enter, if the door's closed you have to knock and wait for permission. Understood?" I nodded. "Good, the pack comes in and out so get use to having someone here."
"Okay." Derrek nodded and went to leave. "Thank you." Derrek looked behind him as Ally walked into the room and unpacked her pathetic amount of clothing.