Status: Active!

Nothing but the Stars

Not You

Everything still felt surreal; nothing clung to his mind for too long before disappearing into the wind. So many thoughts fluttering in his mind due to pure exhaustion. Taking care of such a broken woman is taking a toll on him, regardless he put on the smiles and façade of happiness to make her day a little bit brighter.

Nari has been getting countless of calls which she all ignored. She rarely moved from his bed where she made a home, he brought her food and opened the curtains to provide some sunlight whenever the sun will grace the skies.

But she wasn’t the only one getting calls; he would have her mother and family incessantly calling him, asking if Nari was alright. Kitty, Nari’s mother-in-law called a few times bearing her own grief while Padma, Nari’s mother persistently wanted to take care of her daughter. She didn’t want Tom to put his life on hold when she is capable of taking care of her.

That was the problem, Tom couldn’t just hand Nari over. The sense of responsibility is great beyond measure and he is going to keep his promise to Abel. He politely declined stating he’s perfectly capable of looking after Nari and will give her a daily update.

Exhaling heavily through his nostrils he took the time to take a few towels out of the cabinet providing an extra loofa. He filled the tub with warm water adding bathing salts to add a bit of comfort; it has been almost a week since Nari has taken a bath and as much as he loved her—she needed it.

She smelled, horribly.

Stepping into his room he noticed that now she is lying on her back instead of her side; smiling softly he cupped her cheek to gain her attention. Those dark brown eyes stared passed him to avoid further pain. He knew that look, the state of numbing your entire being to skip around the intense agony that your mind, body and soul cannot take. “Nari, love.” He started, “I ran a bath for you. Would you like to go in?”

Tom is met with no answer only her chest expanding and contracting. Taking that as a positive note, he gathered her in his arms and shockingly she didn’t put up a fight. The previous times he tried to carry her, she squirmed, fought back before becoming a heaving mess.

Muscles tensed as he situated her in his arms taking casual steps to his bathroom, breathing through his mouth he set her down on the toilet. “You need any help?”

“No.” Brushing dried crusted flakes around her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt before turning her back on him. Slowly she started to peel off her shirt, he left standing at the entrance in case she needed anything.

Nari noticed considering she didn’t hear his footsteps echoing down the hall. Wiggling out from the rest of her clothes she tip toed into the warm bath, lavender fumigating. She paid no mind as to why he had bath salts as she dunk her entire body. There she laid underwater thinking of what she could possibly do next.

She loathed that she still had to visit the lawyer and read Abel’s will, get everything sorted along with the property they shared. Everything will be changed to hers or she can sell; actually she wants to. There is no way she wanted to stay in that house she used to call home.

Too many memories in that place and the numerous of calls that she has gotten from her mother and Kitty…she rather not dive into that just yet. Still disregarding their calls and dealing with her own grief is enough. As soon as those thoughts crossed her mind she felt the familiar ache in her chest, frozen in fear with her eyes tightly shut.

Small bubbles surfaced to the top and before she knew it, strong arms pulled her out leaving her gasping loudly. Her head lolled back while her lungs thanked for the fresh air, blinking she lifted her head to see Tom holding her face.

“What in the bloody name where you doing down there? Were you trying to…” He couldn’t even say those horrid words as she wryly smiled at him.

The emotions that she felt all deriving from the pain coursing through her veins. “You think I’m trying to kill myself?” Silence is met and all she did is laugh. Bitterly and sadly she looked at him knowing that he’s not wrong for being cautious.

Her sensitivity to everyone’s emotions including her own can be a danger zone when the line has been crossed too many times. History has proven that she crossed that border more than once and this ache that she had—she doesn’t know if it will ever go away. “I was thinking.” She explained.

Wary looks cast her way as he let go of her, taking a seat next to the cool porcelain tub. There is no way he is leaving and when she realized that, she sat in the tub gazing at the ceiling. Her hair floating underwater as she slowly gathered enough energy to wash herself.

Being soaked in the bath didn’t do much for her, her muscles were already relaxed or that is what she is assuming, she could care less at the moment. Once she was done, she stood up, loud splashes were heard as small droplets traveled down her body. Casting a downside glance at her friend who remained in his position, she snatched the towel resting on the toilet seat.

Not bothering to dry her hair only twisting it to wring out the water twice before wrapping the towel around her thick form. Stepping out she watched the water circle down the drain of the tub, her feet welcomed by the plush step mat before taking small steps around his now standing form to collect her things.

Her dark eyes stared curiously at the attire Tom picked out for her, a simple grey shirt with joggers obviously from his closet. Tom smiled at her, “I’ll put these in the washer. I don’t have any clothes for you, but I can always run down to your home and-” he paused seeing her shoulders tense at the mention of him actually going.

Clearly she doesn’t want him to go either, “Or we can get you new clothes.”

“I don’t want to go shopping.” She blankly told him, tightening the towel around her as she brushed some strands behind her ear. “Can I get dressed?” She signaled towards the door for him to excuse himself which he did eventually after he noted that he will have his assistant buy a few things for Nari.

Once the door clicked shut, she dropped the towel letting the cool air nip at her dark skin. Her teeth clattered as a small shiver ran down her spine, she stared in the mirror seeing that she looked the same. Nari was never the type to lose weight when under stress or depression, she would gain.

Still her fat thighs became an annoyance as of late as she pulled the joggers up feeling them snuggle closely on her skin, her wide shoulders, large bust and flabby tummy that has one obvious large stretch mark making it’s way down her tummy from her belly button.

Frowning, she tugged on the shirt feeling its tightness around her arms, bust and stomach, generally everywhere felt snug. Nothing swallowed her whole; Abel’s clothing did just that. He was tall, a burly man and the complete opposite of Tom’s lanky form. Nari personally preferred men that were larger than her and not someone she’s afraid to break in two.

Nari raised a brow at her perk nipples standing in attention easily seen through her shirt, pulling at the hem of her shirt, she huffed hating how it felt. Lips quivered in frustration as her mind compared Tom to Abel; she knew it was unfair to do such a thing.

Tom is her best friend, someone that is pushing everything aside to be with her, but she couldn’t help to think that she rather have Abel here. She didn’t want Tom or to be at his home avoiding the ghostly house that she is desperate to get rid of.

She wanted to go home to see Abel’s smiling face, giving her his infamous bear hug and kissing her passionately against the wall. Every day he would treat her as if it was their last day on Earth, every kiss counted, every touch, every smile, just everything.

Dropping the towel on the floor, she raced out of the bathroom into the bedroom as she scrummaged through his things. Hoping to find the one thing that could ease her and the thing that she quit when she started to date Abel. A sense of temporary happiness fluttered inside of her when she found the pack of cigarettes.

Flipping the lid she grabbed one along with the lighter; she took her time as the routine she thought she forgotten came through so easily for her. Inhaling the first fumes relaxed her instantly, slowly exhaling. As she took a few more puffs the next thing she thought of needing is a glass of whiskey.

“Nari—dammit Nar, you’ve quit smoking.” Tom plucked the cancer stick from her lips receiving a deathly glare from the mournful woman.

“I was smoking that.” She snarled.

Breaking the cigarette in half, he threw it away. “Now you’re not. How did you find the pack?” He questioned knowing he hid it well within the contents of his room only smoking when his habits resurfaced.

Honestly he could care less of who smoked, but knowing that Nari had stopped for nearly a decade for her husband who detested the smell and a total health nut would roll in his grave if he discovered her smoking the second things got rough. He knew that Abel was her anchor, it was easier to stop with him here except he’s not now.

He’s never coming back and Nari has to learn how to deal with it without pouring unhealthy things down her system.

“I’m not going to let you lie here in misery. Come on, get up.”

Nari didn’t budge, her eyes transfixed on the actor as she huffed, “I’m not going anywhere.” It seems that her mood swings are in well order given that they swing by whenever they felt like it. One minute she’s not talking and the next—she’s the raging Hulk.

“Nari, it’s not healthy for you to just lie here and decay. You need to move around, do something. Anything.” He stressed, Tom isn’t the one to give up on someone and even though it’s only been a short amount of time, he hated seeing someone so down. Severe depression can creep up on her again; there was a span of time when he never saw her and it was horrible.

He didn’t want to go through that again.

“Fine.” He plopped on the bed next to her, the mattress giving way under his weight. Her body bouncing slightly and just a small side glance did he see her breasts bouncing that he realized she isn’t wearing a bra. Refocusing on the task at hand, he placed his hands behind his head in a relaxing motion. “Then we will lay here in silence until you want to talk.”

“It could take hours.”

Wiggling one of his hands away from his head, it traveled down the wet strands of her hair and into the hand of his best friend. Smiling softly, he murmured, “I’ve got all the time in the world.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortness seems to be a theme for this story. Sorry it took so long, my laptop started acting stupid and had to get it fixed. Sad part, most of my ideas were erased and like a dunce didn't check if I backed up everything.

Thank you for the comments dearies,

BlueDreams

Disa616

hachie

RosiePosie08

CharmedLuna