Status: Thanks for clicking :)

What's the Point of Being in Love?

Fifteen;

“What?” I jumped up.

“C’mon!” he shouted, grabbing my arm. I shot Kellin an apologetic look and ran out the bus after Alex. We ran to my van and jumped in. He shot out the lot quickly.

“What happened?” I asked finally.

“She was dancing on the table at the tent,” he told me, “and fell on her arm. She was actually lucky that they were in the field or she’d have gotten some nasty road burn, too.”

“And where is she?” I asked.

“Already on her way to the hospital with her boyfriend, Erix, and Ree.”

“Okay,” I nodded.

We arrived at the hospital not too long after and went into emergency care.

“Emelda Jenkins,” I told the worker. She went to her computer.

“Are you family?” she asked.

I sighed, “Our bands on tour. I’m the closest to family she’s got at the moment.”

She worker gazed at me with raised eyebrows, “Band on tour?”

“What room is she in?” I was getting fairly annoyed.

“201,” she finally said. Alex and I rushed off to find the room.

Once we found it I went in. Emmie was sitting clutching Darren’s hand. Her arm which lay limply on her leg was a purple color. I flinched.

“Cayne,” she smiled faintly when she saw me. Alex and I squeezed into the already crowded small hospital room. “The doctor just went off to get my cast shit.”

“Aw, I’m sorry babe,” I said, hugging her. “You okay?”

“Just a broken arm, you’ve been through worse,” she chuckled.

I nodded.

Not too long after the doctor arrived and helped Emmie get her arm into a cast.

“Emmie may not play the piano for a while,” he told us. “Not until her arm is fully healed.”

“Well your not going back home, are you?” I asked, kind of frantic.

Emmie looked to the floor.

“You can’t! This is our first Warped Tour!” Alex wrapped an arm around to in form of comfort.

“There’s nothing left for me here,” she told me.

“You could help Oceanne sell merch,” I suggested.

Ree looked thoughtful, “Actually, she’s right Emmie. You could.”

“Really?” she looked hopeful. Ree nodded. “Then I’ll stay!”

I did a mini dance then hugged her.

*

It was late when they finally released us and we returned to the busses. Nobody was sleeping, though. When we walked in Abner was pacing and Brynn was laying on the couch with a worried expression plastered on his face. Oceanne had tears in her eyes where she sat at the small table. When we entered they all turned to us.

“Are you okay?” Abner asked, rushing over as Brynn jumped up from the couch. Oceanne practically ran over.

Emmie giggled, “I’m fine. And I’m staying on tour, guys.”

“She’s selling merch,” Ree announced. “With Oceanne.”

Oceanne smiled through her tears and wrapped her arms around Emmie, “At least one good thing came of this.”

“All right, off to bed!” Ree said in her manager voice. “We have to wake up early and the other buses are already an hour ahead of us.”

I turned to Alex, “I’m sorry I made you late.”

“It’s fine, I’ll just stay here,” Alex replied.

“There should be blankets and pillows in the empty bunks,” Ree told him. He nodded and yawned.

“Time for bed,” I decided. He quickly agreed.

I changed into pajamas and wiped my make up off. Brynn let Alex borrow some of his pajama pants since he doesn’t really wear them.

I laid in my bunk for forever. I couldn’t sleep. I kept worrying about everything. There are parts where Emmie gets her solos. Who would play those?

An hour and a half later I finally crept from my bunk over to the one Alex was staying in. I moved the curtain aside, “Alex?”

Alex made a sleepy noise and turned to me. He opened his eyes only a little bit, “Can’t sleep?”

“Not a wink,” I replied. Alex scooted over, allowing me to climb into the bed next to him.

Alex then pulled me into his arms. He was so warm. “Why not babe?” he asked me. His voice was laced with sleep. I felt guilty for waking him.

“I keep worrying about Emmie’s parts,” I admitted quietly. Alex chuckled.

“There are more keyboardists here. Cobra has one,” he answered. “I’m sure Emmie or Victoria won’t mind a bit. It’ll all be okay.”

I smiled at his comforting words, “Promise?”

Alex ran his fingers through my hair, “I promise, Candy Cayne. Now go to sleep.” I nodded.

I laid awake a little while longer. I wasn’t thinking about Emmie anymore, though. I was thinking about how comfortable I was to lay in Alex’s arms. How warm he was. How he could comfort me in a heartbeat. We hadn’t known each other long be we were already so close.

I listened to his slow breathing as he slept. He looked so peaceful, too. I couldn’t help but smile.

Alex formed butterflies in my stomach when I saw him. His voice could cause my heart to beat faster. He made my head spin and I loved to be around in his presence.

Nobody has made me feel like this before. Nobody but Peyton.

And that terrified me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenter shoutout

xoxo_aj_xoxo, Sixteen Saltines