Status: Thanks for clicking :)

What's the Point of Being in Love?

Two;

I met Peyton in biology class. It’s been five months since Friday With Two Meanings had formed.

“Peyton, Cayne,” Mr. King drawled, indicating our new seats and continuing on to the next row.

I scrambled to my seat and sat down. Mine was the one next to the wall, where the sink was.

I pushed my purple binder to the corner of the table and pressed my lips together, waiting for my new partner to sit down.

He did.

I looked over at him. He had blonde hair that fell in front of ice blue eyes.

I looked away, my cheeks flushing. He was cute.

“Hi,” he said. His voice was kind of deep. I looked back over at him.

“Hey,” I replied.

“I’m Peyton,” he said. I smiled.

“Cayne.” He nodded and I looked back to the front, where Mr. King went back and began to explain something boring.

*

“Augh!” I coughed when Peyton sprayed me with water, laughing hysterically.

It had been a month since we’d been assigned partners, and we had become really good friends.

“Stop it!” I giggled. He pulled the nasal away and grinned at me and my soaking self. I rolled my eyes. “You are so lucky this is last period.”

“Oh trust me, I know,” he smirked. I then leaned over and pulled him tightly into my arms. His eyes widened.

“Cayne – “

“Ha!” I backed away. He wasn’t as wet as me, but was still wet. I nodded in approval. Peyton growled.

“You owe me!” he said.

“Oh yeah, Mr. Oliver? What do I owe you, then?” I asked, looking down at the fish we were supposed to dissect.

“A date.” I looked back up at him, eyebrows halfway up my forehead.

“A date?” I repeated. He nodded abruptly.

“Yes, a date,” he confirmed.

I almost laughed loudly, but bit my tongue.

Literally, I’m sad to say.

I then realized he was being serious, and my heart fluttered.

“I would love to go out on a date with you, Peyton.”

*

Peyton walked me to the door after he took me out on our date.

I bit my lip nervously.

Peyton chuckled, “You’d been nervous this whole night. I don’t get why. I really, really like you, Cayne.”

I couldn’t help but smile. “I really like you too, Peyton,” I told him honestly.

Peyton grinned.

Then he leaned in.

I felt my breath hitch in my throat. Oh god.

He then placed his lips on mine. They were soft and inviting.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him in closer a little. He tasted like peppermints.

He then pulled away. I blushed.

“I’d really like you to be my girlfriend,” he whispered. I smiled.

“I’d love to be your girlfriend, Peyton,” I whispered back.

Peyton smiled, “Great. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye.” He gave me one last kiss and walked away.

*

Peyton and I had now been together for eight months.

In these eight months, we had fallen in love.

We had even picked our kids names out. And we had a little crappy wedding where Emmie was the pastor in a parking lot at the grocery store.

His parents adored me. They thought I was so good for him. He stays at my house every other weekend and I stay at his house when he wasn’t staying at mine.

We fought a lot. But that didn’t matter. What mattered was that we loved each other.

I sat in bed, glasses propped on my head as I scrolled through Myspace.

Suddenly, my phone beside me buzzed. I frowned. Who would be texting me at 2:30 in the morning?

I grabbed my phone.

PeytonBaby(:<3

I raised my eyebrows. He said he was going to bed an hour ago.

I opened the message.

From: PeytonBaby(:<3
This is really, really hard to say. It's actually killing me.
Cayne, I want you to return those Paramore tickets. Or, if not, just go with someone else.


I furrowed my eyebrows. So, thinking that maybe he just really wanted to go and his parents were letting him.

Maybe we can go as friends.

My eyes widened when I realized what this message was about.

Or maybe that’s going to hurt you so much. I know it’s going to kill me.
I love you, Cayne, I love you so much.
But I’m breaking up with you.
You’re right; we fight too much. I can’t do this anymore. I’m tired of fighting and I’m tired of you breaking up with me.
But I still love you. So, so much.
And when we’re 18, and if we’re not dating anyone else, I’ll find you and marry you. Just like we always talked about when we talked about if we ever broke up.
I’m so sorry. I hate to do this.
Bye. I love you.


I had tears streaming down my face. I choked back a sob and replied quickly.

To: PeytonBaby(:

Don’t. I fucking hate you Peyton.


I then chucked my phone across the room.

*

I was laying in bed, texting Peyton.

To: Peyton
Stop fucking ignoring me, Peyton. I REALLY need my shit back!


I gave an inward groan, sending the message. A few minutes later, I finally got a reply.

From: Peyton

Stop fucking texting me, you sadistic cold BITCH! I will give you your shit back! CHILL! Sorry that I haven’t been replying; I just spent the last hour making out with Yasmine.
And we had a moment, by the way…um…something I can’t tell you, because we made a pact.
So leave me the fuck ALONE.


I gasped, tears pooling my eyes.

I instantly stood up, grabbing my sleeping pills that I’ve been needing from lack of sleep. I went from my bedroom to the bathroom across the hall.

I tore off my clothes and climbed into the shower, sitting at the bottom of the tub.

I sat there, crying my eyes out for who knows how long.

Finally, I took the pills and popped the top off. I took three out and put them in my mouth, using the shower water to gulp them down. They felt like lead slicking down my throat. I instantly felt like puking.

I took three more and put them in my mouth, gulping them down.

I continued my actions until the half bottle left now rest in my stomach.

I laid in the tub for a little while longer, then finally got out. I grabbed a stray towel from the floor and wrapped it around my frail body from lack of food. I immediately went back across the hall. I pulled out some pajamas and laid on the floor, huddled in a ball and crying my eyes out.

The next few days were complete and utter torture.

I was sleeping throughout most of it, but it didn’t make it better.

I could barely sit up straight, much less stand. Whenever my eyes were opened my vision was fuzzy.

I didn’t know what was right and what was real. I remember getting a bunch of text messages, and then later on finding out they weren’t really there in the first place. A whole phone call even happened, but never really…happened.

I also remember laying on the floor in the bathroom. There was puke everywhere. On the floor, in the toilet. My throat was burning and it smelled horrible. I couldn’t get up unless it was to puke again. I tried to stop puking…but I couldn’t.

It wasn’t long before my mom took me to the hospital. They took a bunch of tests and found out my kidneys were seriously screwed up.

I stayed in the hospital overnight. The whole band stayed with me in that tiny hospital room. It was the next day when Peyton texted me.

From: Peyton
Don’t ever pull a stunt like this again. I really think we should distance ourselves for a while.


It wasn’t for a while. It was forever. He told everyone I was crazy.

He even threw away my 200 dollar engagement ring.