My Miserable Romance

I have my methods.

I know that funerals always suck, but this one was without a doubt the worst day of my life. Mikey, me and our family just sat and cried our eyes out while the priest, who'd never even met my grandma, ramled on about what an amazing personality she had. To him, she was just another corpe in a chest. After an hour, the funeral was finally over and I helped Mikeys weak body up from the hard bench. My mom squeezed my hand tightly as we walked out of the church, out in the warm summer day. Mikey and I decided to go to our parents house and talk to our relatives, even though the only thing I wanted right now was to go home to Frank.

"You boys really dont have to come" my mom assured us and I looked at Mikey.
"Go home and relax or go and talk to our mourning relatives?"
"You mean, go home and have fun with Frankie, or talk to our mourning relatives?" he said and smirked.
"You're gonna have fun with my Frankie?" I asked teasingly and pretended to be confused.
He laughed and got an angry look from our uncle. Apparently, you're not allowed to laugh at a funeral... Okey, guess I can understand that, but still. Our grandma would want us to be happy, even though she's not around anymore.
"Yeah... Let's go home" he muttered and glared back.
"Great! Go and tell mom, and I'll go and start the car"

He nodded and went to look for our mom, who was having some boring conversation with our cousin. I walked out on the parking lot, threw one last look at the church and opened the car door. Mikey came a few minutes later and was just about to jump in to the drivers seat when he saw that I was sitting there.

"Oh right.. Im so use to you being drunk" he mumbled and walked around to the other side. "You've been sober for like... Months now, right?"
"Wow, yeah, I think I have" I said and started the car. I havent had one single drop of alcohol in a long time, without even thinking about it. Usually, I had some sober periods with a few times of being drunk, but this was the first time in years that I'd been completely sober.
"Things are pretty serious between you and Frankie, huh?" he asked and grinned at me, probably knowing that Frank was the new alcohol in my life. I nodded with such a stupid smile on my face; I looked like a shy school girl.
"I think I love him"
"Really?"
I nodded, still with that stupid smile.
"How's things going with your girlfriend?" I asked, trying to change the subject so that my face would return to it's normal expression.
"Good..." Mikey said and I laughed as I saw him get the same smile as me. "I've asked her over to our apartment for you guys to meet her"
"So we're finally getting to meet her! What made you change your mind?"
"She did. I've met all of her friends and now she wanted to meet mine"
"I'll try not to scare her away" I said and smiled evily.
"You wouldnt dare... So when are you gonna tell Frank what you just told me?"
"Dont know" I said and kept my eyes on the road.
"You are gonna tell him soon, right?"
"I guess"
"Gerard!"
"Yeah yeah, I will... Soon" If he only knew how scared I was. What if Frank would just freak out, or even worse, what if he wouldnt say it back? What if he would say `thank you´ or something like that, just to avoid to say it back...

"When is she coming over?" I asked Mikey and stopped the car.
"Tomorrow" he said and got out of the car.
We walked into our apartment just as the phone started ringing. I ran to the kitchen and picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Hi Gee!" Frank said whilst breathing heavily.
"Hi babe... Why are you so out of breath?"
"Saw your car... From my window... Wanted to call... Ran as fast as I could" he said and tried to catch up his with his breathing. "I wanted to ask you how the funeral was" he said after a few seconds of panting.
"It was okay... As okay it could've been" I said and smiled into the phone, my heart swelling up of happiness. He's so sweet, and he's mine. I still cant get that.
"You wanna do something tomorrow?" he asked.
"I'm gonna meet Mikeys girlfriend, Annie"
"Can I come?"
"Yeah of course! Ray and Bob are coming as well I think"
"Great, I really wanna meet her"
"Yeah, me too. I gotta go, but I'll see you tomorrow, kay?"
"Yep, bye Gee" he said and hung up.

"Who was that?" Mikey asked as I walked into the living room.
"Frankie"
"Oooh, did you tell him?"
"Over the phone, no"
"Tomorrow?"
"Mikey, stay out of my love life" I said and laughed. "I'll tell him when the moment comes"
"Sorry for trying to support you" he said and mocked a frown.
"By forcing me into tell him that?"
"I have my methods..."
"Your methods suck"
"Now, why would you say such a mean thing?"
"Shut up" I said and kicked him on his leg.
"Don't abuse your room mate"
"Im not, Im abusing my snoopy brother" I smirked
"As I said, Im just trying to be supportive"
"Yeah, I've got that... I'm going to bed"
"Uh... Isnt it like 6pm?"
"It might be. You make me tired"
"Thank's for that" he muttered.
"Well, I have to be alert and rested tomorrow when your girlfriend arrives. Oh, and I told Frank that he can come"
"That was the plan, but yeah great"
"One more thing" I said and stopped right outside my bedroom. "Does she know about me being gay and you know, having a boyfriend?"
"I really dont talk about my brother's sexuality with her... So no, she doesnt" he said and laughed.
"Too bad. Dont blame me if she'll freak out when Frank and I kiss each other"
"Arh, fuck! Didnt think about that..."
I laughed and closed my bedroom door behind me. All the mixed feelings and sadness from the funeral had drained me of my strength. I got undressed, laid down on my bed and fell asleep almost instantly.