My Miserable Romance

Thank you.

I woke up in a coldsweat with my sheet tangled around me. My whole body was shaking and small drips of sweat was slowly making their way down my forehead. Something had woken me up from my dream, which I was more than happy for. My mouth was dry and my tongue felt like it had a plastic surface all over it.

"Frank's on the phone" Mikey said where he stood bent over me and without waiting for me to answer, he threw the phone next to me and walked out of my room. I looked at the phone lying next to me and picked it up.
"What do you want?" I asked without thinking, still with my thoughts in my dream.
"I wanted to talk to you, but if you dont wanna talk to me, that's fine" he said, sounding a bit hurt and was just about to hang up.
"No, no Frankie, I'm sorry! I just woke up from the weirdest dream ever" I said quickly.
"Oh... Well anyways, good morning" he said a bit happier.
"Morning" I yawned.
"What was your dream about?"
"It was about a lot of things... You, the guys, me and Lisa were all in it, and it was just really bizarre"
"I can tell by your voice that it wasnt such a pleasant dream, huh?"
"Well no, it wasnt. I died" I said and laughed lightly.
"Ooo, how was it like?"
"I dont know, Mikey woke me up"
"Damn Mikey... Anyways, I just wanted to call you before I'd come over"
"Oh right, Mikey's girlfriend's coming today"
"Yep, I bet he's really excited"
"Excited? No. Nervous? Oh yeah"
"Like we're gonna embarrass him.. Pff"
"You think we should be nice and act, you know, normal?"
"That depends on what you mean about acting normal... Normal as in, not being all over each other or normal as in, not acting all hyper and over enthustiastic?"
"Being all over each other isnt something that we can control, so I guess we just have to turn down our hyperness, okay?" I said and grinned into the phone.
"I'll try... Anyways, I'll be at your house in like ten minutes. See you then" he said and hung up. I threw myself down in my bed again, trying to make my stiff body relax. Being hit by a truck in a dream might not seem so bad, but all of my muscles were aching like fuck, like I'd tensed them up all night. I sighed and buried myself under the cover, just wanting to go back to sleep. Not cause I wanted to get back to that freaky dream, but I was exhausted. I knew that I had to get up sooner or later, cause Frank would be here any minute and I didnt want him to see me like this. I must look terrible... Exhausted and sweaty.

I decided to stay in bed just a few more minutes just to make my aching muscles rest, but apparently, those minutes was enough for Frank to come over. The door burst open and before I could realize what was going on, Frank stood next to my bed and looking at me.

"Can I join ya?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows. I nodded and he jumped down next to me and laid down. "Are you tired?"
"As hell" I mumbled and rested my head on his arm. "Had a rough night"
"Why are you lying all hunched up like that?" he asked.
"Cause my muscles are killing me"

He was silent for a second, then he started massaging my shoulders with his hands.
"Oww" I groaned as he hit a sore spot. "As much as I appreciate getting a massage from you, I really dont want it right now... You're only making it worse"
He stopped and looked at me.
"Why are you acting so cold?"
"Sorry..." I mumbled and pulled him closer to me. "I'm still living in my nightmare"
"It's okay" he said and kissed my neck softly. "What happend in your dream?"
"You-" I was interrupted by the door bell. "I'll tell you later"
I climbed out of bed and was just about to walk out the door when Frank stopped me.
"I dont think you should go out like that... The poor girl will freak out" he said and smirked. I remembered that I was only in my underwear. Glad that he had reminded me but irritated that he was smirking, I threw myself at him and pinned him down in the bed. He looked at me in surprise, but laughed when he saw that I was smiling.
"Don't act like a smartass infront of me" I said and brushed my lips over his cheek.
"What are you gonna do about it?" He asked provocativly.
"I'll kiss you until you cant breathe"
"You wont be able to breathe either"
"See? Now you're acting like a smartass again" I said and kissed him. He said something into my mouth, but I ignored it. We kissed for a few minutes until we had to break apart. Mikey was waiting for us outside and probably with his girlfriend too.

"Are you gonna act like a smartass again?" I asked and tried to sound harsh.
He shook his head with a mischievous grin on his face.
"Good..." I got off of him and found some clean clothes on the floor and took them on. I noticed that he was watching me. "Fun to see me get dressed?"
"Yes... Would've been even better if it would've been the other way around, though"
"Me getting undressed or you getting dressed?"
"And you're wondering why Im acting like a smartass..." He said and rolled his eyes.
"Was that a smartass-line I just heard?" I asked and raised my eyebrow.
"If I say yes, will you kiss me?"
"No, cause apperantly that punishment didnt work" I said and smirked.
"Then no, it was a very lovingly line"
I laughed and held out my hand for him to take it, which he did.

"Come on, let's go and meet Mikey's girl" I said and led him out of the room, but he stopped.
"Before I leave later today, I have something to tell you"
"Why are you telling me this now?"
"Cause now you can remind me"
"My memory sucks, but okay"

We walked out into the living room, but didnt see any girl. Only Mikey, Ray and Bob.
"Where's Annie?"
"She's not gonna come until half an hour... You guys are early" Mikey said and started biting on his nail.
"Nervous?" Ray asked and smiled at Mikey.
"Yep"
"We wont bite her"

Mikey threw a quick look at Frank, but it was enough for Frank to notice it.
"What? You think that I'll bite her?!"
"You never know..."
"If I wanna have something to bite on, I'll go to your brother, not to your girlfriend"
"Bite me and I'll punch you" I said and punched him playfully.
"Hey... You punched me!"
"Yeah.. Bite me" I said, but quickly continued. "Didnt mean it like that"
"I bet you did" he said, took my finger and bit it. I laughed and heard the door bell again. "Looks like she's early too"
Mikey didnt answer, he just flew up and ran to the door. We followed him and when we got to the hall, Mikey was standing with his arms around someone. He stepped away from the person and smiled at us.

"So, you're his girlfriend, Annie..." I said and shook her hand.
"Yep, and you are?" she said and smiled.
"Gerard, his brother"
For some strange reason I expected Annie to look like the girl in my dream, with blond hair and stuff. But she didnt, at all. She had black, short hair, kinda like Franks, with big greyish cat-eyes and pale skin.

"I think your brother's in shock"
"Yeah, he is that a lot"
"Frank's the only one who can make him snap out of it"
"Yeah, that's why Im with him... Without me, he would be trapped inside his on little world" Frank said jokingly.
I snapped out of the strange deja vu-feeling when I realized that they were talking about me.

"...Wait, what?" I asked confused.
"Told you" Frank said to the others, then turned to me. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing" I said and felt myself space out again. Hearing him say that he's only with me cause he has to made me think about the dream again, when he was fooling around with Lisa behind my back.

We all walked into the living room where we sat down. I felt Franks eyes on me, but the deja vu-feeling was too strong to ignore. It felt just like my dream, just that Annie wasnt the person that I thought she was. Or at least she didnt look the same.
"I dont feel very good" Frank suddenly said quietly to me. I jerked up and looked at him. Okay... That's freaky! "Why do you look so terrified?"
"Uh... It's nothing. You wanna go and lay down?" I asked and tried to press away the weird feelings that was about to explode inside of me. It's just a coincident. Nothing more. Mikey, Ray, Annie and Bob was busy talking about something that I didnt know about, so I helped Frank up and walked into my bedroom.
"Gee?" Frank asked whilst I was pulling off the covers from my bed.
"Yeah?"
"You're shaking and you're very pale" he said and stroke away the hair from my face. I smiled and took his hand in mine.
"I'm just worried about you"
"Dont be, I just wanted to be alone with you" He said and grinned at me.
"So you're not sick?"
"Nah..."
"Oh thank God" I said and collapsed on the bed. Frank looked at me worridly and sat down as well.
"What's wrong?"
"It's just really stupid..."
"Anything that makes you shake and be this pale isnt stupid, honey"
"No, really it's stupid. It's about the dream I had"
He didnt say anything, he just looked at me, waiting for me to continue.
"You really wanna hear about my dream?" I asked.
He nodded and looked me in the eyes.
"Well, I woke up and stuff. You guys came over and Annie too. But it wasnt this Annie, it was another girl that we met some time ago. We had a really good time, then you said that you didnt feel very well-"
"Ah, hence your reaction before..." he said.

"Exactly. Anyways, after a few hours of sleeping, you felt better but then you guys had to go and Mikey and I had a stupid fight about him not caring about what I thought cause I said that I hated his girlfriend. I ran home to you and when I came to your house, Lisa was there. She kissed you and you didnt push her away, so I ran off to some bench and fell asleep and when I woke up, I was in your apartment. You had carried me from the bench or something. So I freaked out and we had a fight, cause you had cheated on me. I ran home to Mikey and then you were sitting outside our door for days, screaming my name, so finally Mikey locked me out of the apartment, forcing me to talk to you... We started fighting, I ran out in the rain, got hit by a truck and died. I know it sounds stupid, but it felt so real..."
"That's why you're acting so weird today?"
"Yeah"
He just sat there in silence, staring at the wall and it made me quite worried.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"What? Oh, nothing... But I just..."
"What?"
"In your dream, I cheated on you and then you said that it felt real.. And I dont want you to have that image of me" he mumbled and looked me in the eyes.
"But Frankie, it was just a stupid dream"
"Yeah I know, but you have to understand that I dont wanna be with anyone except you, so don't worry. Just let go of that dream"
I nodded and hugged him tightly.
"Thank you for listening"
"Thank you for telling me"
"Thank you for understanding"
"Thank you for thanking me" he said and laughed.
"You said you had something to tell me earlier. Wanna tell me know?" I asked and tilted my head.
"No, later" he said and kissed me. "You think we should go back to the others?"
"I guess..." I said and we walked out of my room.