My Miserable Romance

Keep your eyes on the road.

"AAARH!!"

My eyes shot open and I jumped out of bed. What the hell? Someone was screaming... Quite hystericaly, I may say. I ran out of my room and saw Mikey standing holding his hand over his heart. He looked at me and smiled goofily.

"Sorry, I just freaked out... I thought it was you who was lying on the couch, and then it wasnt and-" he stopped and breathed heavily. "And as I said, I freaked out"
I looked down at the couch where Frank was lying, looking confused and sleepy.
"Yeah, Frank came over here last night, cause Lisa dumped him" I told Mikey.
"What?! Why?" He asked and sat down next to Frank.
"I'll tell you later" Frank mumbled and closed his eyes. They were still red and swollen, wich Mikey noticed. He looked at me, begging with his eyes for me to tell him but I just mouthed a `laterĀ“ to him. He shrugged and walked into the kitchen. I followed but Frank looked at me with sad eyes so I returned to him and sat down.
"Can you come with me when Im getting my things from Lisas place?"
"Yep, I wanted to talk to her anyways"
"No, please Gee, dont. I just want to forget her..." He begged me as his eyes started to fill with tears. "I miss her! I dont think I can live without her"
"Yes you can, and you will" I said sternly while I rubbed him over his back. My hand made its was from his neck and down to the bottom of his back, wich meant that my hand was very close to his ass... Oh my God. He's sitting here in front of me, crying his eyes out, and all I can think about is his ass! Well, that proves that I dont love him. If I did, I wouldnt have thought about him like that when he's in this state. I should be worried about him instead. But wait, I am worried about him...
Okay, now Im confused.

"Breakfast" Mikey shouted from the kitchen. As I said, housewife...
"We're coming" I yelled back. "Are you hungry?" I asked Frank.
"Mhm" he said. I got up from the couch and waited for him to follow. He did, but after a night of crying, he was too tired to stand up. He collapsed in my arms and gave me a weak smile.
"Sorry" he mumbled and pulled away from me. Afraid that he was gonna fall over again, I put my arm around his back and supported him. We went into the kitchen where Mikey had set the table and was standing next to the stove, making pancakes. I love my little brother... He's the perfect roommate. I let go of Frank, who sat down on a chair with his head in his hands, looking at the pancake infront of him and started eating.

Ten minutes later, I was still poking around the last bit of my pancake on my plate.
"Gerard, you've barely eaten one pancake" Mikey sighed and took away the plate from me.
"Im not hungry" I said simply.
"I dont care, you're fading away God damn it! You're so thin I can atually see your ribs through your shirt"
I ignored him and turned to Frank.

"Go back to your place for a few hours, take a shower and just relax, okay? Call me when you want me to pick you up and then we'll get your stuff."
"Yep, I'll see you later" He said and smiled at me. I heard the door slam, and I opened the fridge. I pulled out a beer.
"Oh, so you can drink, but not eat my pancakes?" Mikey asked me a bit insulted.
"Mikey, there's nothing wrong with your pancakes, Im just not hungry... Im thirsty" I said and made a gesture to the beer-bottle in my hand.
"We got water"
"I dont want water... Christ, give me a break" I muttered and sat down in the living room on the couch. I drank up my beer and walked out in the kitchen to get another one. Soon, there were four beer-bottles on the table and I fell asleep on the couch.

*

"Gee... Frank's on the phone" Mikey said and poked me. I yawned and took the phone from Mikey.
"Ello" I said sleepily.
"Were you sleeping?" Frank asked me.
"Mhm"
"Well, sorry to bother you but you said that I could call-"
"You're not bothering me, Frankie" I said and smiled in the phone.
"Good... Can we go and get my things?"
"Yep, I'll pick you-" I realized that I had been drinking. "Uh, changed plans, can you come and pick me up instead?"
"Yep, I'll be there in ten minutes" He said and hung up.
Ten minutes. Fuck. I rushed into the bathroom and washed my face, brushed my teeth and applied some eyeliner. I looked in the mirror. I cant wear this... My clothes were dirty and smelly, so I ran into my room and pulled on some new clothes just as the doorbell rang. I opened and there was Frank leaning against the doorframe.
"You ready?" he asked.
"Yesh" I said. "Im going out" I yelled to Mikey and closed the door.

We jumped in to the car and drove off. Frank looked at me.
"What?" I asked.
"You've been drinking" he established.
"Yeah... But it wasnt-"
"When are you gonna stop?" he arrupted me. I sighed. I have been through this conversation many times, but I always succeded to avoid that question.
"I dont know"
"So you're just gonna drink yourself into a early grave?" He said and raised his eyebrow and looked at me.
"Keep your eyes on the road, boy. And no, Im not. I will stop when I have found something else that'll make me happy. And I dont mean drugs" I added when he glared at me.
He started drumming his finger against the steering wheel, like he always did when he was mad.
"Dont be mad at me, Frankie" I pleaded at him. "It's not my fault"
"And whos fault is it?"
I sighed, I knew it was my fault. I looked out the window just as we stopped outside a white house.
"We're here" Frank said and jumped out of the car.