Status: Updating and a work in progress!

Can I Just Forget About Him?

I Know You Didn't Mean It

"Please rise."
I stood up as I saw the judge walk into the room. Once she sat down we all took a seat. I looked at my lawyer (Who is just Alice's brother) and sighed. He patted my back.
"Who's defending for the defense?" The judge asked.
"I am your honor. Jacob Campos at your service."
She looked up from her papers. "How very kind of you Mr. Campos. You may proceed."
"Gladly." He walked to the middle of the room an cleared his throat.
"Ladies and gentlemen of the court house. This case maybe touchy to most of you since in consideration Cara claimed to be pregnant. I take defense in that of the actions on behalf of Cara. Your honor with the honor of you may I bring a witness to the stand?"
She slowly nodded. "You may."
"I'm calling Victor Vincent Fuentes to the stand."
We all turned around and saw Vic sitting in the back with basically everyone. Vic slowly looked up into my eyes and I gave him a weak smile. He got up and slowly went to the stand. The person thingy or whatever made him swear to only speak the truth. Once he sat down Jacob smiled.
"Sup Vic."
Vic shyly waved. "Hi Jacob."
"Can you explain to me how you started communicating with Cara before all of this."
"Well we dated for a little." Vic started.
"I thought you were dating Alice for two years?"
Vic nodded. "I was but you see is Alice and me took a break to you know see other people for a while. And that time being I started to see Cara. Then when that didn't work out and Alice seeing other people not working out we decided to get back together."
"I see, and what is Mr. Preciado to you?"
Vic looked over to me and smiled a little. "Jaime is my best friend, the one I can always go to at the end of the day for a smile or a laugh. He's the bassist for the band and honestly the best boyfriend anyone can every ask for. He makes me truly happy. He's the smile to my teeth. The sun to my gray day. He's my everything. And I know I don't say this a lot but I really appreciate him. And I love him with all my heart. He's my best friend, my lover, he's my other half, and he makes my heart whole. And that's what Jaime is to me Jacob."
I heard the whole court say aw and I looked down blood rushing to my cheeks.
"That's cute of you faggot." Jacob teased. "Jaime said to the detectives that Cara did something to you?"
Vic looked down. He inhaled deeply. He looked up and at Jacob. "I've never told anyone this but Jaime but Cara was always you know... Crazy. The day when I went to brake up with her, she like- she wouldn't let me go. Like physically she wouldn't let me leave. And during the time I was trapped there she... Raped me."
"Raped?"
Vic nodded. "Yeah she forcefully had sex with me when I didn't want to."
Jacob nodded. "And what were you doing with Cara on the night of the sha bang?"
"I was running away from her. How Jaime comes into all of this I was hiding in a bush and he got me and pulled away, he said we would run together. And if I died he'd die too. We were both running from her. It was a really scary thing."
"Why were you guys running from her?"
"She said if she can't have me then no one can. She rather see me dead then with someone else."
"And what was she saying about your relations to the baby?"
"She was saying I was the father."
"And when was the last time you saw Cara before that?"
"I hadn't seen her since I snuck out of her house the night she raped me. And oh the bus."
"How did she find you guys?"
"Our friend Tony ran into her at the bar in drunken form and blurted where we were. I swear she didn't even look pregnant."
"And how was she gonna kill you?"
"A bullet to the head."
Jacob nodded. "Thank you no further questions."
Vic slowly got out of the stand and walked to his seat I turned around and looked at him. He gave me a warm smile and blew me a kiss. I gotta hand it to him. He's taking this better than I expected.
"And you see your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. How on earth can a pregnant woman be drinking at the bar? How can she run after to people if she's pregnant? And how could Vic be the father if he didn't see her before then?"
Jacob came and sat next to me. "No more further questions for now."
I looked up and smiled at Jacob. He nodded and we both turned forward. I guess Cara's lawyer took Jacobs place.
"Your honor I would like to call Mr. Preciado to the stand."
I looked up at Jacob and gulped. I walked over to the stand and made the promise or whatever once I sat down I sighed.
"Jaime isn't it?"
"Yup."
"I'm just going to ask you a few questions."
"Sounds good."
He smiled. "How did you start dating Vic if he was a straight man?"
I sighed. "Me myself. I'm not gay. I don't find you attractive I don't find Jacob attractive I don't find my friends Tony and Mike attractive. It's just Vic that I find attractive. I know it's sort of weird but I'm gay for him I guess. Answer your question?"
He nodded. "Can you explain what you saw before Cara died?"
"I was a little blacked out since you know she knocked me out. When I woke up I saw Vic on the floor on his knees and Cara towering over him. Gun to his head. And if I didn't stop her well Vic wouldn't be here right now."
And honestly Vic is more important than Cara.
"And saving Vic was more important than taking away an innocent life?"
I looked him dead in the eyes. "I didn't take away an innocent life. There is no baby. Only Cara. Her and her alone." I said threw my teeth.
The lawyer looked at me. "No more questions."
I slowly got up and walked back to Jacob. He patted my back and stood in the middle. "You see your honor. There's actual proof that Cara was insane." He walked over to his brief case and took out a folder.
"These are files of Cara's records." He held it up and skimmed threw them. "She's been in a mental institution at least six times in the past four years. Her files claim that she's done things like this in the past... but the men involved weren't lucky enough to escape. Don't believe me?" He turned to the judge and placed the files down. "It's all right there. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, what Jaime did was make our world maybe a little safer."
"I object your-"
"Sit down and shut up I'm not finished!" Jacob pointed.
I held back a giggle as Jacob rolled his eyes. "The hospital sent back those results on if Cara was actually carrying a baby."
"It says negative." The judge said.
"Exactly your honor. I say, it's a closed case. Jaime was just defending Vic. Cara was obviously crazy. Not guilty."
"Jury please take your actions."
One of the members looked around to the others and nodded. She slowly stood up. "Your honor by the state of California, the City of San Diego. The members of the jury here pronounce the accuser-"
I looked behind at Vic who was gripping onto Tony's hand as hard as he can. Tears streaming down his face. Tony was rubbing his back. I looked at Mike and Alice and they looked the same as Tony and Vic. I looked up at Jacob who nodded. I sighed. Twirling my thumbs.
"We find Jaime Alberto Preciado... not guilty."
I heard the back of the court room burst into cheers. I hung my head low and ran up the front to Jacob. I picked him up and twirled him in my arms.
"Thank you so much! You're the god damn best lawyer ever!"
He laughed. "Anytime dude seriously."
I put him down and shook his hand. I saw Vic running to the front to me. He jumped into my arms and sobbed into my shoulder. I lifted up his head and smiled.
"Now lets go home beautiful."
♠ ♠ ♠
Everything now seems like everyone is happy! WOOOOO JAIME IS NOT GUILTY YAY
Title Credit: Taking Back Sunday♥
I love you guys:*
JACOB IS ONE SASSY LAWYER I THINK
Okay okay I'll go now