Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Kelly hangs onto Jeremy's arm as they walk up the path to her home, a security light upstairs casting shadows against the brickwork.
For weeks they had been dating, going to dinner and movies and Jeremy had insisted on paying for absolutely everything. He hadn't told her about his decision to attend a rehab clinic because he figured it would take a while for things to be arranged.

Tonight they had gone to a show at a theatre and then dinner at a French Restaurant. He had turned up on her doorstep with a bouquet of red roses and a grin.

"I really enjoyed tonight" Kelly says as they reach her porch.

"You say that every night we go out" he replies, his eyes twinkling like stars.

"Maybe because I enjoy every night" She says with a smile.

Jeremy looks at her, his eyes softening. She has seen a range of emotions in his greeny blue eyes, but she can't say for sure exactly what he's thinking or feeling.
He steps closer to her and she can feel his minty breath on her face.

"I...uh..think I'm falling for you" he says in a barely audible whisper. He moves the hair out of her face.

"Can I kiss you?"

"I'd like that" Kelly replies and feels...dumb for saying that.

He leans closer to her and presses his lips against hers. Kelly feels her legs going weak and her heart thumping in her chest like a drum at a parade. Her breath hitches as he runs his tongue along her bottom lip, asking for permission to deepen the kiss. She parts her lips and feels as if she is going to pass out,suddenly feeling dizzy as his tongue wet tongues slides between her lips.. His hand moves to her waist pulling her closer.
She kisses him back with such passion she feels like a volcano is erupting in her chest.
Jeremy nibbles on her bottom lip and breathlessly pulls away.
It feels as if they had been kissing for hours, not a few minutes.
Their cheeks are flushed and their breathing is ragged.

They had both been waiting for this moment of love and affection, a kiss to seal the deal of their blossoming relationship. Suddenly everything had become real, more certain of their own feelings and not just a passing fancy of lust.

"I better go or I'll never want to leave" he says softly. He isn't looking for an invite to continue what they had started or to pressure her into taking things too quickly.

"When will I see you again?" She asks, touching his smooth face.

"Anytime you want"

Kelly reluctantly closes the door and leans against it. She feels as if she is walking on air, breathing in flowers.
It feels as if there is a butterfly fluttering in her stomach. She feels wonderful. She can still taste the mint from his lips and sighs deeply.

This is the happiest she's felt in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well??