Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Freedom

The smoke from the fire was spreading outside so Gwaine took Morgana to the forest edge where he knew they would be safe from the quick burning fire. He looked over and smiled at Morgana once he was sure they were in a safe area. When she did not smile back Gwaine knew that she must have been worried about what happened. So Gwaine grabbed both of her hand and held them up to his chest then said, “Morgana, I have loved you since the first moment we met. Even though I do not understand what happened to you while I was away I want you to know that nothing you could do would change what I feel.” Then a swift movement Gwaine put his hand on Morgana’s back and pulled her so close that there was no space between them. Then he tilted his head down and kissed her.

Unlike the first time Gwaine kissed her this time it sent a wave of soothing sensation through her body. Morgana just wanted to melt into his chest as he held her close and kissed her. Pure happiness consumed Morgana as her lips were pressed against his. Morgana wanted nothing more than to just stay like that forever. With Gwaine she was happy and free.

“Morgana, what happened in there?” Gwaine asked. When he stopped kiss her.

“I… I turned into my father.” Morgana said simply. She knew she would have to tell Gwaine everything at some point, but he already knew about her magic and did not turn away from her so to Morgana that was all that mattered.

With all the time in the world Morgana and Gwaine walked into the forest hand in hand. Morgana started from the beginning and told Gwaine about the dreams she had about him after they met. Then she told him about Morgause’s first visit to her. As Morgana explained all of the long and confusing details of her story Gwaine remained quiet. He just listened as she poured her heart out and confessed every cruel intention or thought she had ever had. Morgana ended her story with the explanation of her attack on Arthur and Camelot. By the time she had finished talking the sun was setting and Gwaine had started a fire. While Morgana told Gwaine the entire story of how she was mistreated and hurt by Uther and Arthur she also helped Gwaine bandage up any injures he got after being thrown against the table. Gwaine continued to stay quiet as he processed everything Morgana had told him.

“So this has been happening since we first met?” Gwaine clarified.

Morgana nodded and looked away. It was one thing that he was not afraid of her power, but it was another to expect him to accept her and love her even after he knew about all of the horrible things she wanted to do.

“You were scared weren’t you?” Gwaine asked as he reached his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

“Of course I was.” Morgana spat at Gwaine. She had just got done explaining that she kept it all a secret because she was afraid of what Arthur and Uther would do to her.

“Then I do not care what you thought about or what you wanted to do.” Gwaine opened one eye and looked at Morgana’s cocked head and confused look. “It does matter what you wanted to do because you did not actually do it. All of your horrid thoughts came from the fear you felt, but in the end you are different than Uther. In the end you let Arthur and his men escape from the Great Hall and instead of saving yourself or going after Arthur you can to help me. You proved you are not evil or horrid.”

Morgana thought about it for a moment and realized that what Gwaine was saying made sense. She had spent months hiding in the shadows of Uther and Arthur, and she thought the only way she could escape her fear and the shadows she was living in was to kill Arthur and Uther. Gwaine continued to tell Morgana about what a kind person she really was. He pointed out that she turned her personal battle into one where she was trying to save everyone who has ever suffered. He showed her
that her thoughts were not selfish like she thought they were.

“Gwaine, I do not know what to do. I have lost everything.” Morgana was on the brink of tears.

Gwaine sat back up and rested his arms on his knees as he said, “The way I see it you have two options. One you turn around and go back to the castle and seek out Arthur. “Gwaine paused and watched Morgana’s reaction as he spoke. Although she was listening to him she really did not seem like she wanted to go back to the castle. “If you do that then you better prepare yourself for an execution. Not only did you destroy the castle but you also ordered an attack against Camelot and the King.” Seeing the fear start to build up inside Morgana, Gwaine took her hands and kissed them. Then said,

“Option two, you come with me.” A bright and cheery smile crossed Gwaine’s face as he spoke, “We could leave Camelot. We can go someplace where magic is accepted and a place where we can be happy.”

The choice was clear. Morgana wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of her life with Gwaine. Even if they had to live a life full of hard labor and work Morgana did not care. As long she could be with Gwaine then she would be free. When Morgana asked Gwaine what would happen to the rest of the people in Camelot who still had magic Gwaine assured her that someday they too would find their own version of freedom. Arthur would rebuild his castle and use the experienced he gained from Morgana to lead the land into peace.

As the sun peaked over the horizon the next morning Gwaine snuck back to the castle and found Gaius. He hid behind a large statue in the court yard and waved his hands around trying to get Gaius’s attention. Gaius broke away from the assembly of guards he was with and tip toed over to Gwaine.

“Where have you been? Arthur thinks you are dead!” Gaius exclaimed.

“Gaius, you have always been a good friend to me. I do not deserve your loyalty…”

“Gwaine, what is going on?” Gaius said growing suspicious of Gwaine’s behavior.

“I know I should not ask this of you but I need a favor.” Gwaine said smirking at Gaius.
Gwaine’s smile said it all. He knew that Gwaine was leaving and not planning on returning. That is why he was sneaking around and did not want anyone to see he was alive. Gaius smiled back at his friend and nodded before running into the castle and gathering the few items Gwaine requested. When he came back out he found Gwaine slouched against a statue twirling a small white flower in between his fingers.

“Thank you Gaius.”Gwaine said as he took the sack of medicines and food from Gaius. “Once we are settled I will write you and tell you everything. When you get that letter please tell Arthur that it was an honor to serve him.” Gwaine patted Gaius on the back then ran towards the stables.

“Take care of her.” Gaius said with a wink as Gwaine ran towards the stable to get horses for him and Morgana.

Gwaine brought the supplies and horses back to Morgana in the woods and by the afternoon the two of them rode off to their freedom.