Disasterology

The Way That We Are Is The Reason I Stay

Did I do it…?
Am…am I dead…?

I opened my eyes and everything was hazy at first, then Kellin’s face started to appear.

I’m…in heaven…? I find it hard to believe…

“Vic…! Vic…! Please no…! Please wake up…! I can’t lose you…!”

“Kellin…? What’s going on?”
He gasped. “You’re alive!”

I looked down at the gun in my hand.

I guess he stopped me…

He snatched the gun from my hand and threw it across the room, then he slapped me hard on the face.

“What was that for—!”
I stopped when I saw his face.

Tears rolled down his cheek as he stared at me with hurt, anger, and confusion, fury in his blue eyes.
His expression softened, then he collapsed on top of me, sobbing uncontrollably into my shoulder.

“Why…why would you try to kill yourself again…?! Why would you do it, Vic…?”

I ran one hand through his hair while the other was resting on the small of his back.

“Kellin…I…”
I couldn’t even find the words to explain why I tried to do it again. He didn’t deserve the pain. It wasn’t his fault.

“Please…please don’t end it, Vic…I love you so much…! I don’t want to ever lose you…! Not after I got everything back…”

“What…? What do you mean by that…?”
“I got my memories back, Vic…all of them…”

I sat up quickly with him in my arms. He looked up at me with those soft blue eyes I’ve come to love.
My heart beat rapidly inside my chest.

“Really…?!”
He nodded with a small smile.

I didn’t know what to say. All I could do was hug him tightly in my arms and cry.

“Don’t…don’t cry, Vic…it’s okay…everything’s okay…”
He wiped my tears away and pressed his lips against mine.

“I missed you…so much…everything…just felt so far away and then it fell apart…and I couldn’t…!” He shushed me before I could say anything else, then he rested his head against my shoulder.

This…this isn’t a dream…Kellin, my Kellin is truly back in my arms.

I shifted a little and pulled him onto my lap. He winced as I placed my hand on the side of his arm. I pulled away quickly.

“A-are you okay…?!”

I glanced at my hand and saw that it was covered in blood.

“Holy f**k! You’re bleeding!”
“V-Vic, I’m fine…! The bullet just grazed me…!”
“I’m not taking any chances…!”

I stood up quickly and picked him up bridal-style, carrying him all the way to the car and drove to the hospital.
-------

Luckily, Kellin didn’t lose too much blood and had to get a couple of stitches. So now we’re just waiting in the doctor’s office for further information.

“Vic…you know you’re gonna have to tell everyone about this…”
I only nodded.

I just know I’m not gonna hear the end of it when we get back home.

He grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek. “Please…we’re here to help you, Vic. Promise me you won’t try to do it again…”

I pressed my lips against his for a loving kiss.

“I promise.”

“I love you, Victor Fuentes.” I smiled and gently squeezed his hand.

“I love you too, Kellin Quinn.”

My phone vibrated in my pocket, telling me that I had a text message from Andy.

“Where are you guys?!” I took a deep breath before I responded.

“We’re in the hospital.”

Another vibration.

“WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?! ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?!!!”

“We’re fine. We’ll explain when we get back home in about an hour.”

I put my phone back into my pocket as the doctor walked into the room.

“Alright. Kellin is able to go home today, but I do recommend therapy for both of you. Kellin, you still need to adjust with your memories returning, and Vic, you need help with your emotions and your current mentality.”

We both nodded in understanding.

He handed me a couple of papers. “This is information for a good therapist, including the address and the office hours. It was nice to see you both again.”

He left the room and Kellin and I followed after.

Time to brace what’s waiting for me at home…
---------

I was sitting in the living room, along with Kellin, Mike, Jaime, Tony, Andy, and Oliver.

“Alright, start explaining.” Andy was the first one to talk.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

“Vic…don’t tell me…don’t tell me that you tried…to kill yourself again…did you…?”
Mike, you know me to well.

I bit down on my lip. I didn’t answer. I didn’t dare look at Mike.

“Victor Vincent Fuentes! Answer me!” “Yes…! I did, okay?! I just…I couldn’t take it…! And I just lost it…! I wanted the pain to end…!” I broke down in tears. Kellin rubbed my back to comfort me.

“Vic, we’re your friends. Mike is your brother and Kellin is your boyfriend. You know that you can always talk to us about anything that’s bothering you. We almost lost you twice. We don’t want to take any more chances. We love you, Vic…please understand that.”

I wiped my tears away.

“Okay…I will…I’ll get better everyone…I promise…”
They all walked to me and pulled me into a hug.

“You really should thank Kellin, though. He stopped me from doing it and got hurt in the process…”

“So, did you really get your memories back, Kellin?” Jaime asked cautiously. “Most of them, yeah…some things are still a little hazy…but I can manage.”

“So there’s still one thing that remains.”

We all looked at Tony in confusion.

“Do you remember the guy that attacked you before you lost your memory?”

Kellin bit down on his lip and shook his head.
I pulled him into my arms and kissed his forehead.

“That doesn’t matter right now. All that matters is that everything is starting to return back to normal.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“So…since all of you are here anyway…how about we order some Chinese food and hang out here for a bit? Well if it’s okay with you, Kell…”

He smiled and nodded. “Sure…I don’t mind.”

“I call order duty!” Oliver called out as he took his cellphone out of his pocket.
“No fair…! I wanted to do it, you jerk!” Andy protested.

I couldn’t help but smile.
Everything is returning back to normal. After seven agonizing months, I have everything back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, lovelies! I had to try to make up most of the work that I missed for school. I hate the flu with a passion now. -__-
Anyway! Here you guys go!
Also, sorry if I'm giving you guys unnecessary feels and "ASDFGHJKL's", but your comments are hilarious and much appreciated! <3
'Til the next chapter!
Title credit: "If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn" --Sleeping With Sirens