Disasterology

Tears Fall And My World Shakes

“Hey, Vic. What’s up?” Oliver stood next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.
“I’m worried. Kellin isn’t answering his phone. It’s not even ringing at all…”

“Did you call the house phone?” I nodded. “He still didn’t answer…I’m gonna go check on him.”
“I’ll go with you.”
We both left the store and drove back home.
-------

“Kellin…?”

The house was quiet. There was a plate in the sink, so he must have eaten his breakfast.
“Kellin…?” I called his name again as I walked up the stairs and into our room.

The bed was unmade, but he wasn’t in it…
Fear struck through me and I ran out the room.

“Kellin?!”

I stopped when I heard a light ticking noise coming from the piano room.

It was the metronome.

I walked towards that way, but I froze when I saw dark red droplets on the floor, leading to the room.

No…Oh God please no…!!!

I pushed the door open and ran in. I collapsed to the floor and screamed out in agony.

Kellin’s body…on the floor…cuts and blood everywhere…
I crawled over to him and held his limp, cold body in my arms, tears pouring from my eyes and landing on him.

“Vic! What’s wrong?!” Oliver nearly tripped as he ran inside. “Dear God!!!”
“Call 911! Please! Hurry!!!”
He pulled out his cellphone with shaky hands and did so.

“Kellin…! Baby…? Please…! Wake up…! I love you so much!!! I can’t lose you…! Not again…!”
I held him close, rocking us back and forth.

“Vic…” “K-Kellin…?!”
He didn’t move. His eyes didn’t open.

“I…I…love…you…”

More tears spilled from my eyes. “I-I love you too, Kell…! So much…! Please…! Stay with me…! Stay awake!”

No response.

“K-Kell…?!”

No movement.

“Please…!”

No breathing…

“KELLIN!!!”

I could only sit there, traumatized, and watched as the paramedics placed him on the gurney and rushed him out of the house.

“Vic…come on…we have to meet him there.”
Oliver tried to pull me up so I could stand up, but I couldn’t.

I didn’t have the strength. I didn’t have the will to pick myself off of the blood-stained floor.

His blood…all over my hands and shirt…
I was going to be sick…

Oliver picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, walking downstairs and back to the car.

He turned the ignition on and sped towards the hospital.
-------

Fifteen hours…fifteen agonizing hours…
Andy, Mike and Oliver were here to comfort me. My heart ached and I ran out of tears to cry.

“Mr. Fuentes?”
The doctor called my name as he walked out of the room and I nearly sprinted to him.

“H-How is he…?!” My voice sounded tired and scratchy…

“I don’t know exactly how to tell you all this…during the examination, there was some…anal tearing. We fear…that he was raped as well…I’m sorry.”

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, and I let out a strangled cry. Andy caught me before I collapsed to the floor.

“Any idea on who did it?” Andy asked as he tried to comfort me again. The doctor shook his head.

“How’s his overall condition…?” Oliver seemed afraid to ask.

“We completed the blood transfusion and he’s recovering at a good rate. He should be awake in about an hour or so.”

“C-can we see him…?” “Only immediate family members. One at a time.” “We’re the closest thing of a family that Kellin has. Please…” Mike joined in this time.

“…Fine…One of you, follow me to his room.” “Go, Vic.” Andy nudged me forward. I nodded and started to walk, following the doctor. Soon we stopped in front of a door that was numbered ‘356’.
“Visiting hours end at nine o’clock P.M.” I nodded in understanding, then he walked off.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worst before I walked inside.

Bandages wrapped around his body. The IV in his arm…his peaceful face…

It’s like the first time we met…

I pulled the chair so it was next to the bed, then sat down. I held one of his hands in mine and squeezed it gently. The tears started to flow again…

“I love you so much, Kellin…I’m so so so sorry…I failed to protect you…once again…I’m sorry…!”
I shut my eyes and sobs racked through my body.
“I’m so sorry…!”

“Sorry…?”

My eyes shot open and met with his light-blue ones. I smiled slightly, despite the tears.

“You’re awake…!” He only looked at me with deep confusion, then he pulled his hand away from mine.

“What’s wrong?”

“W-who…Who are you…?”
♠ ♠ ♠
:OOOOOOO
ASDFGHJKL!!!
Title Credit:"Simply Me 2" --Everyone Dies In Utah