Status: i Don't even know

These Fading Nights

Tiny Bridges

I’m so glad that Jaime agreed to ditch with me. I really missed all of the times we used to hang out and talk about all of the stuff we liked. Jaime has probably been the best friend I had ever had, but then I just had to go and fuck everything up, which I happened to be really good at unfortunately. I remember everything that happened between us like a it happened yesterday.

I led him with my arms motioning for him to go in front of me. I would be lying if I said I didn’t look at his ass as he walked in front of me. No one could blame me, he had an incredible ass. Okay Vic shut the fuck up.
I really want to know who he seems to be “seeing” these days. I know that his hair wasn’t like that because of a “Bad hair day”.

We continued walking until we got to my car. We both got in and I turned it on.
Fuck I don’t know where to go, but I want information so we should go somewhere we can talk, then I thought f the place where he took me when I barely moved into town.

“Where are we going?” Jaime asked.

“It’s a surprise.” I replied with a smile. I could see him roll his eyes out of the corner of my eyes, I laughed to myself.

I drove out of the parking lot and onto the freeway, I took a familiar exit and I think that he knew where we were going because he looked at me, I could tell it made him a little uncomfortable, considering what happened the last time we were here.

“Why?” is all he managed to say underneath his breath as he stared out the window.

“I wanted us to talk and-“

“No. Why here?” he cut me off, he sounded hurt. I parked and turned my body so that I was facing him. He just kept staring out the window, maybe this wasn’t the greatest idea.

“Jaime.”

“What?”

“I just wanted us to talk and catch up.” I didn’t want to sound like a prick.

“Okay fine.” He moved his body so he was facing me now.
“What do you want to talk about?” I felt stupid I wanted to talk about him and how much I’ve missed him and how badly I wanted him back.

“Anything.” I said not really knowing what else to say, I just wanted to talk to him.

“Well… I don’t know.” He said.

“Okay Jaime let’s cut the shit. I’m really sorry for what happened between us and I just-“

“I don’t think you are.” He interrupted.
“I think that you just did what you had to get where you are.” He said coldly.

“Jaime that isn’t true!”

“Well you sure haven’t given me reason to think other wise.”

“Jaime.” I put my hand on his cheek.
“I really do care about you I always have and I always will.” I stared into his eyes and leaned in slowly. Just as our lips were about to meet, his phone went off. I backed away.

He checked his phone, it was a text message. I don’t know who it was from, but he read it and quickly replied to it. I got out of the car and slammed the door.

“Where are you going?” I heard Jaime call out from the other side of the car.

“Come on!” I yelled to him as I started walking down the rocky path to this little river where we used to go to. There was a little stone bridge that we used to sit on and talk that was right above the river. It was a gloomy day, my favorite, I love all the different shades of gray that you could find here.

I could hear him walking behind me, I could hear every meticulous step he took. We reached the little bridge and sat together on the edge looking down at the river.

“Jaime, this is killing me.” I said still looking down at the river.

“What is?”

“All of this. I want to know everything that has happened to you since we last spoke and how you feel, I want to know everything.”

“Vic.” I looked up to meet his gaze.

“I think that I’ve moved on.” He was serious.

“With who?” I asked wanting to punch someone in the face.

“Why does there have to be a ‘who’, don’t you think that I could just get over you?” I kind of giggled.

“I know there’s someone else, I can tell. So who is it?” I was really curious now, seeming as he didn’t want to tell me who I was going to make him.

“It doesn’t matter.” He said looking down now.

“It does to me, I want to know who I’m losing out to.” He stayed silent for a little while and the suspense was killing me.

“Tony.” He finally managed to get out. Great, now I was losing out to Tony Fucking Perry. He was probably the hottest guy at our school, I mean everyone swooned over him, girls and guys alike. Fuck me. At least I was losing out to someone who was hotter than me, but this isn’t the end.

Oh no, this is FAR from over.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHHH shit just got real.
Thank you guys for reading and commenting and stuff! i really want to know what you guys are thinking!