Sequel: Take Me as I Am
Status: Active :)

Beneath Your Perfect

The Immoral Contract

‘They’re still outside,” Sarah whispered to me as she walked through my front door. I glanced up from my curled up position on my coach and frowned towards her.

“Really?” I groaned burying my head further down on the couch as I grumpily stared at the TV.

“Yeah, there is less though,” she told me walking over and pushing my feet off the couch so she could sit down next to me. I grumbled and pulled my feet back up and onto her lap.

“It’s been a week.” I said exasperated, glaring at the television not really focusing on what I was watching.

“Yes, it’s been a week since you locked yourself up here, you’re giving them a reason to be suspicious if you don’t leave.” I ignored her comment.

“I can’t find my notebook,” I pouted to her. She rolled her eyes at me.

“We’re going out tonight. I’ve already told Aria, she will be over after work.” She told me sternly. I complained and whined as she stood up and dragged me towards my bedroom. I continued to complain and whine as she dressed me and did my hair and makeup.

“Stop sulking, you’re going out whether you like it or not!” At that point Aria walked through the door, she was dressed in a black tight dress and her makeup was perfect, her hair on the other hand was completely frazzled.

“My curler broke,” she whined walking over towards mine and instantly turning it on. I rolled my eyes at her.

When she was ready we left instantly and headed out towards the cab that Sarah had already called. The moment we stepped outside into the cold night air of London, we were swarmed by paparazzi.

“Are you meeting Liam tonight?”

“Perhaps another client?” Someone else called. My eyes widened and I glared at the person. Before I could respond Aria had already smacked his camera to the ground. I stood there shocked for a moment before she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the cab.

“Which one of you girls are famous?” The cab driver asked curiously as he eyed the paparazzi before driving off.

“None of us.” I grumbled annoyed and rested my head on the window.

“You shouldn’t have knocked the camera out of his hands Ari.” Sarah said softly to Aria.

“What you were just going to let them call our Jade a whore?” I heard Aria grumbled back.

“You should have slapped him across the face.” Sarah muttered after a moment’s pause before she wrapped her arm around me and pulled me tightly to her body.

By the time we got to the club I was ready for a fair few drinks, so I instantly headed for the bar and ordered.

“Please tell me you’re ordering for us.” Sarah said from next to me. I shook my head and downed the two shots that had been presented to me.

“One of those nights.” I heard Sarah say to Aria. I rolled my eyes knowing what they were reffering too. Every now and then, especially when writers block occurred, I let loose. I drank more than usual, I danced more than usual, it was the easiest way I knew to let some of the emotion I had bottled up out, if my writing wouldn’t allow me to. Losing my notebook at the time that I was harassed by the paparazzi had been extremely bad timing, I needed the notebook now more than ever.

“Look on the bright side, no one knows you’re name.” Aria shrugged at me. I studied her for a minute before agreeing with her. She was right, no one knew my name, they couldn’t dig into my history and I certainly couldn’t be attacked online. I smiled at her before downing my other shot.

“Let’s dance,” I smiled at them.

-

I groaned as the knocking at my door got louder and refused to go away. I buried my head further into my pillow hoping to god that whoever it was would go away. Aria and Sarah would have let themselves in with their spare key, so anyone else wouldn’t be important enough to get up for.

The knocking stopped and I sighed blissfully as my headache subsided slightly. Just as my eyes slipped shut, the knocking started again and if possible it was much louder. I groaned more and sat up slightly in bed and regretted it instantly as my head began to spin, the reaction to all the alcohol I had consumed last night. I wanted to vomit.

I could hear a commotion outside my door before it was opened. I waited and eyed the door nervously. I certainly wasn’t in any shape to protect myself if someone had just broken in. Aria opened the door and my heartbeat instantly calmed to normal place. She eyed me for a moment as I sleepily blinked back at her.

“I feel like crap.” I said to her before collapsing onto my bed.

“Get up and go for a shower. Quick.” She said tugging on my hand. I eyed her curiously wondering why she was suddenly in a rush.

“Why? I feel like death, I think I’m just going to lie here today.” I tried to reason with her.

“You need to shower now. Please.” She pleaded with me, successfully pulling me up to a standing position. I shrugged and grumpily moved to the shower confused about her intentions.

By the time I finished in the shower I felt much better. I got changed and used the water Aria had left on the my vanity table to swallow the two tablets she had also left. I closed my eyes relishing the cold liquid that slid down my throat. I finally turned towards the door and stepped out of it.

I paused in the hallway as I heard murmuring coming from my kitchen. Curiously I stepped into it to see Aria and about five men that I had no clue about. My eyes widened as my eyes slipped from each one that sat at my table. My eyes settled on the last one and they instantly narrowed. Sitting in my kitchen was none other than Liam Payne.

He eyed me back curiously. I had a feeling he had no memory of that night and therefore probably had no clue what I looked like.

“Can I help you?” I asked politely, the tone of my voice however conveyed anything but politeness. I saw Liam’s eyes widened slightly at my tone as he continued to stare at me.

“Yes you can,” a stern man sitting next to Liam said before standing out and holding his hand to me. “Eric Leony.”

“Jade Anderson.” I responded, moving forward to shake his hand. He shot me a small smile, it didn’t reach his eyes. I glanced back to Liam who eyed the table miserably.

“We need to talk about your uh night with Liam a week ago.” He said awkwardly, sitting back down in his seat. I glanced at Aria before looking back at Eric and then Liam who wouldn’t meet my eyes. Instead he stared out my window, not the least bit interested in what was being said.

“Nothing happened. We didn’t sleep together. You followed me home and passed out front of this building, I brought you inside and you then proceeded to pass out on my couch. Nothing happened.” I said bluntly. Liam looked up at me slightly surprised. I looked away from him and to Eric who turned to one of the men sitting next to him and whispered something to him. I watched this exchange with even less interest.

“If that was all...” I trailed off and gestured towards the door.

“No that’s not all. We have a proposition for you.” Eric said turning away from the man next to him and looked back at me. I sighed and wished my pounding headache would completely disappear. I looked at him questioningly.

“Liam here has been the centre of a lot of paparazzi attention lately and well your night together last week, whether or not anything happened, seemed to be the last straw. The paparazzi think Liam payed you.” Eric said awkwardly.

“So I’ve heard,” I grumbled moving towards Aria and poured myself a coffee, not bothering to offer anyone else one.

“We had an idea that may clear your name and well help our Liam here.” The way he referred to Liam was not endearing at all despite how the sentence was worded. I glanced up at him and looked even more confused between all the men sitting at my table. I glanced at Aria who shrugged at me. I waited for him to continue.

“Liam’s reputation has been somewhat tainted lately and well we think it would be beneficial for him to get a steady girlfriend.”

“Would you like us to recommend someone.” Aria said spitefully from next to her. I continued to eye this man, I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

“We were actually hoping perhaps we could come to some arrangement with Miss Anderson here.” He said his eyes turning to me. My eyes watched Liam as he leant back in his seat, legs splayed out in front of him, arms crossing his chest. His eyes didn’t meat mine, he didn’t even care. He didn’t want to be here anymore than I wanted him here.

“I think you can all leave now.” I said putting my coffee on the counter and turning away.

“Please just let us explain.”

“What are you going to offer me? Money because then I’m pretty sure I’m exactly who they say I am.” I said pointing my finger in the direction of the paparazzi outside.

“It’s not like that. We wouldn’t expect anything sexual. Just outings in public, holding hands, a few kisses exchanged, that’s all.” He said quickly. I laughed at him before walking down the hallway towards my room. I had never been so insulted in my life.

Angrily I began to search my room for my notebook. It had to be here somewhere. Someone cleared their throat making me spin around. I eyed Liam angrily as he stood in my doorway.

“Can I come in?” He asked soflty.

“No.” I replied sternly. He rolled his eyes at me before walking in none the less and making himself comfortable on the chair placed at my desk. I narrowed my eyes at his rudeness. He looked around my room looking increasingly bored as the minutes went by.

“Look could you just at least think about what they’re asking.” He grumbled finally looking at me. I raised any eyebrow at me.

“Why should I?” I asked him. “All I did was be nice and let a stranger pass out in my home. However now I’m thinking I should have left you in the gutter.”

“But you didn’t, so that obviously means you’re a nice person. And I really need this.” He said not meeting my eyes. I watched him perplexed.

“Why on Earth would you need some random girl to pretend to date you. I’m sure you could get thousands of girls out there and by the sound so of it you have been bedding thousands of girls.”

“Because apparently to them you’re the best thing for me right now.” He grumbled looking down at his shoes.

“Why on Earth do you care what they think. I don’t understand why you would want to do this?” I asked, he was hiding something and I needed to know.

“Because if I don’t then I’m out of the band.” He said finally looking up at me. I eyed him for a moment deciding whether he was telling the truth or not. He looked sincere. I sighed and sat down at the end of my bed. He wouldn’t meet my eye as he continued to glance around the room.

“You could get publicity for your books.” I looked at him confused. “You asked what you would get out of it. You could get publicity for your writing.”

I eyed him wondering how he knew I wrote. My eyes strayed towards the pieces of paper, pens and my open laptop that littered my desk. I assumed he guessed.

“I’m not the type of person to use other people for fame.” I scowled at him. He sighed and ran a hand over his shaved head.

“Fine then, you seem like the type of person who is willing to do things for others so I’m asking you to help me.” He half pleaded. I shook my head at him and looked away.

“The band is all I have left.” He admitted softly, eyes straying to the ground. I looked at him for a moment and noticed the exhausted boy that was in front of me. His shoulders were slumped his neck bent downwards. His eyes refusing to look up. This boy had been broken.

“I promise the moment you want to get out of it, I will let you. The moment you want out you can get out.” He continued to say, glancing up at me.

I bit my lip, not believing what I was about to agree to. Aria and Sarah would probably kill me. I beckoned him with me as we headed out to everyone else.

“Fine I’ll do it.” I said to them the moment we entered the kitchen. I heard Aria gasp in shock as Liam’s eyes burned into me. I turned to him.

“You’re not allowed to be seen with any other girl while we do this, this thing. I don’t want to be the girl pitied on by everyone because they think your cheating on me. Therefore you don’t get to sleep around got it?” He opened his mouth to protest.

“Otherwise I’m not doing it.” I told him crossing my arms. He sighed before nodding.

“I’m not signing any contract and I’m not doing this for money. I’m not a whore.” I said sternly to the men sitting around my table.

“We must insist on a contract.” Eric said.

“Then I must insist on not doing this.” I responded cooly. He sighed before turning towards the other men as they fell into conversation. I turned to look at Liam who studied me curiously.

“Fine, you won’t have to sign a contract but this relationship has to last until Liam’s reputation is restored. But if anyone finds out about this relationship being planned you must know Miss Anderson that your reputation will be ruined along with Liam’s.” He told me.

“Yes I gathered so.” I snapped at him. “All settled? Well then good day to you all.” I said ushering them towards the door. A few went to speak but the glares I sent their way soon shut them up. I opened the door and glared at each one as they left. Liam hesitated before following them out. He turned as he stepped out of the doorway and opened his mouth to say something.

“Be here at 9am tomorrow morning.” I told him before shutting the door in his face. I sighed and turned around before leaning my back against the door.

“I can’t believe you!”Aria shrieked from in front of me, scaring me slightly. I sighed.

“Look I can explain. He needed my help. He came in asking for my help.” I told her truthfully. She rolled her eyes at me.

“You just agreed to fake a relationship with a famous pop star. Sounds a bit book worthy doesn’t it?”

“What do you mean?” I asked taken a back.

“I can’t believe you are going to play with that boy’s life just so you can write a book. Doesn’t he look broken enough?” She asked me.

“I’m not using him!” I defended angrily.

“Don’t deny that this wouldn’t be a great story. Don’t deny that right now you’re formulating a plan in your head for it.” I looked away from her guiltily.

“When are you going to realise that you can’t keep using the people in your real life for your books because eventually you might hurt them and even yourself.” She told me softly before sighing and walking out the door behind me. I bit my lip and stared after her.

Liam Payne was using me. I didn’t see the problem with using him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys are liking this so far! And thank you to everyone commenting, subscribing and recommending!

xx