I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Standing up,I carried Ameila to her crib and laid her down "Thank you" I whispered softly,closing my eyes as I stroked her hair. While awaiting for Dr.Patel I walked to the bathroom and started taking a shower.

Leaning against the wall as the hot water ran down my body,I stared down at my stomach and started rubbing my stomach and feeling the streach marks from carrying Ameila for so long,I grabbed the soap and started washing my body and hair before getting out.

Once i was dressed,I left the bathroom and checked on Ameila one last time before returning to Greg's side in the livingroom. sitting beside him,I curled my feet under me and leaned against him "She still asleep?" he asked,stroking my hair.

Nodding,I snuggled closer and gazed at the pictures around the house "Do you think Ameila was a one time thing?" I asked suddenly causing Greg to still his hand and start thinking.

.
"I don't know..why do you ask?" He asked. Looking up at him then back around the house,I started thinking.

"What if it could happen again? atleast one last time" i said thoughtfully "I mean...if it never does we could always adopt once Ameila is a few years old..I wouldn't mind a son.."I said,

Greg chuckled softly "Who knows Dawson,I've realized that with you anything is possible" he said.

Two weeks later

Once Ameila had started the meds,Greg and I could notice a huge difference in her. The bruises gone as well as everything else. We made sure to keep everything clean and no one sick came around her just in case.

I sat in the back yard one after noon,watching Ameila stumble around and play with her toys while Greg was out and about in town,picking up some things for the house.

So far we've managed to keep people from finding out about how Ameila came about,telling people that a friend of ours had her for us. Not letting them know of the fact that I had been the one to really carry her for eight and a half months and give birth to her.

Later that evening,Ameila was sitting in the living room watching one of her favorite movies while Greg and I sat on the couch. Half way into the movie,someone kept ringing the doorbell. Standing up,we walked over to the door and opened it. Only to find atleast ten people standing at our door with cameras and microphones.

We stared at them in shock as they started asking all kinds of questions about me and Ameila,about Greg. Wanting to see Ameila and see if I really gave birth to her. Slamming the door,we leaned against it as sheer panic flooded our bodies.