I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Greg stared at me,searching my eyes for something before he nodded and laid with me. His arms lacing themselves around my body as I buried my head into his neck "I want you to stay...I can't..I can't do this without you...it was hard with just Ameila but now Junior..I need you with me" I whispered,my voice breaking the silence of the room.

Greg looked down at me before he sighed and stared up at the ceiling,his hand rubbing my back "Are you sure about this Dawson...even with everything we've been through?" he asked softly,his eyes locked to the ceiling. I pushed myself up,flinching a bit and taking a breath.

"Look Greg,you need to understand something here" I said softly,staring down at him "I love you,I love everything about you. You took me in, kid from no where and with nothing but born skill and you gave me something. You gave me a home,a life. you gave me your heart and I gave you mine." I said,reaching up and stroking his cheek.

"You made me believe in love again and I tore down your walls and showed you how to trust again. You complete me Greg,we now have two children together. Two complete and utter gifts from god,we are ment to be together Greg...if those two children don't say it then I don't know what does...you're my soul mate Greg...here in your arms is where I'm ment to be" I said and leaned down,kissing him deeply.

Greg didn't move for a moment before I felt his arms grip my body tightly and return the kiss before I heard a crack from his chest and pulled away,seeing--for the first time that I can remember--tears running down his face as he stared at me.

"Dawson I.." He whispered,his voice cracking before he pulled me down and buried his face into my neck as I held him tightly. I knew then the reason why he left,it had nothing to do with Alex or anything of the sort...it had to do with he was afraid of bringing me more suffering...putting us in danger because he was with me. At that realizeation,I tightened my arms around his body.

Three Months

Greg stayed,I woke the following morning to find him sitting on the edge of the bed with Junior in his arms. After a quiet whisper,He had kissed me before Ameila came in.

"Dawson" I heard a voice and turned,looking up at Greg as I fed Junior. He sat down beside me before staring ahead "I've decided we're gonna make one more last move..George and his wife have a place,they don't go there anymore because of everything here. It's four bedrooms..more then enough for us" he said softly.

Looking up from Junior I stared at him before looked over at Ameila who was playing quietly with her toys "Do you think we can...Ameila's been moved around so much in almost four years.." i said softly "this has to be the last time Greg...we can't keep doing it to her...it's hard enough with her meds and changing hospitals and pharmancys.." I said.

Greg looked at me before laying his hand on mine "This is the last time I promise...we'll be protected there...the kids will be safe..you'll be safe" he whispered but I could still see the worry in his eyes. I gave him a warm smile and leaned against him,looking down at Junior who was growing so fast. I knew our little boy was gonna be big...just like his father.

"Alright..one more time.." I whispered,smiling as Ameila climbed up between us and tickled Junior who gurgled and squirmed happily.