I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Resting my head on the pillow,I stared at the door quietly. Listening to the silence around the house,the neighbors had the children for now so I didn't have to worry about them. Staring back at the TV Greg's words repeated in my head before I stood up,sighing softly and walking to the door.

Reaching out and into the mailbox by the door,I pulled out the box and walked back inside. Closing and locking the door before crawling back into my chair. I stared intently at the box,wanting to open it but then again just wanting to toss it across the room and ignore it.

After an hour of just staring at the box,I finally opened it. My eyes locking onto the locket before I opened it and saw our children inside. Leaning back into the chair,I put the locket on and stared back at the TV. I knew my head forgave him but my heart hadn't yet,I couldn't get over how easily he forgot something as important as today.

As the days passed,The children came home but I just lied and told them that Daddy had to go somewhere for a while but he'd be back. I knew Ameila was starting to get tired of not being able to see her father,being the daddies girl she is.

"Mommy! I want daddy!" She yelled one night,fighting with taking a bath. I sat there and looked at her,sighing deeply. She went quiet and stared at me,sniffing.

"Sweetie...I know you want daddy..I want daddy too" I said softly,reaching up and stroking her hair "I'll go get daddy tomorrow and bring him home,I promise" I added. She stared at me for a moment as though studying me before she nodded and took her bath with ease before going to bed.

Time Lapse

Staring up at the hotel the following morning,I sighed deeply and walked up to his room. Knocking on the door. I didn't hear anything at first so I knocked again "Greg...Greg are you there?" I called. After a second I heard shuffling and someone cursing before the door opened.

"Dawson.." Greg said,staring at me before leaning against the door "I figured you would call..." he said softly looking at me.

I stared at him and sighed softly "I know and I'm sorry..I just...I need you home..I want you home and so does our daughter.." I said,running my fingers through my hair as I looked at him "I'm sorry for getting so upset like I did I just...I couldn't believe how easily you forgot...I suddenly felt like I didn't matter...that our children didn't matter anymore.." I said before looking back at Angel "I felt like all that matter was you.." I said,staring at him before looking back at Greg.

Greg sighed and walked out,closing the door "Look Dawson...I'm sorry for what I did I really am and I'll be home soon but not right now...Angel and I are working on things that really need to be solved..I promise I'll be home tomorrow" he said,reaching out to touch me but I stepped back.

"Tomorrow?" I asked,glaring "I don't want you home tomorrow,I want you home now" I said,staring at him. Greg looked at me before sighing,he went to speak but I stopped him "You know what...don't...don't even bother because once again. He is coming first while you leave me with our two children at home." I said and reached for my hand. Greg's eyes widened.

"Dawson don't" He said,reaching to stop me but I pulled away,shoving the ring into his hand.

"Maybe once you realize where you truly belong you can come back but for now,enjoy being here. You've had a week to work things out with him a fucking week Greg. I came to you to bring you home because I'm tired of sleeping alone and listening to our daughter cry every night because you're not there to kiss her good night" I cried,the tears flooding and spilling over.

"Dawson please,don't do this. I'll come home" He said,stepping towards him,the pain in his eyes. I shook my head.

"No,you want another day here then stay...get shit figured out..Valeno" I said with a glare before turning on my heel before I stopped and turned "Oh...by the way. Junior spoke yesterday but you weren't there to hear it" I said before getting into my car and leaving.

Time Lapse

I stared at the house,Ameila was gone for the night so all I had was Junior who was sound asleep in his playpen. Staring at him,I curled up in my chair and gazed at all the pictures around the room. Pictures of Greg and I when we first got together all the way up until a week ago...All seven years of our relationship.

Standing up I stared at everything again before I turned and went down the hall,covering my face with a pillow and screamed with everything I had. Once I was screamed out,I heard my phone buzzing next to the bed and reached over,seeing it was Greg.

Staring at it for a few moments I answered and sniffled "Greg...Greg I'm sorry.." I whispered,my voice cracking as I started crying "I"m sorry for everything please..please come home" I cried into the phone,gripping the pillow.

What I didn't realize is that it wasn't Greg nor Angel for that matter but a completely different person..a member of family to the man my heart was beating for.