Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Warm Jumpers and Coffee

I hugged Cassie tighter, and sobbed. I felt terrible.
‘’What do I do?’’

Cassie sighed, and looked at me.
‘’I don’t know. But don’t just go ditch Mikey and Gerard. And while we are on the topic of Mikey… the kiss. I hate to ask you this, but did you enjoy it? Like, did you think of Mikey or Robbie during and after Mikey planted one on your cheek, or…’’

I thought for a minute. I had no idea what to say.
‘’I don’t know. Neither. My mind was blank. I have no idea.’’ I said, in between sobs and gasps for air. I was to the point were it felt as though I had no tears left.

‘’Look, Cassie, I love Robbie. I know it, he knows it, and you know it. But… I just don’t think Gee and Mike need to know…’’ I said.

She nodded, and sat with me until I fell asleep.

**

A bright beam of sunlight shined through the window and onto my bed. I opened my eyes slowly and sleepily, and looked around. Cassie was sitting up, as I could only see her feet and legs.

‘’Rise and shine, Sky.’’ She said, pulling back the blankets.
I sat up, and looked around. There were a few bottles scattered around the room from last night, and a jumper on the couch.
‘’Mikey left his jumper here.’’ She said, throwing it at me.
I nodded, and put it on. It was the same one I had borrowed from him when we were hanging out at 2AM outside the hotel.
‘’He always wears such comfy jumpers!’’ I exclaimed.
Cassie sighed, and cringed.
‘’You don’t remember a thing you said to me before you fell asleep, right?’’ She asked.

I thought for a minute. Yeah, I did remember what I said. I just must have woken up in a good mood or something.
I nodded. ‘’I do.’’
Cassie trusted me to tell the truth, with her at least, and nodded. She must of woken up in a good mood too, because she suggested we have room service this morning, rather than plain cereal from the cupboard.
‘’What do you want?’’ She asked.
I thought for a minute.
‘’A strong coffee, and um... pancakes please.’’
She nodded, and walked into the kitchen to call room service.

Cassie came back in a few minutes, and raised her eyebrow.
‘’Since when did you drink coffee?’’ She asked.
‘’Um, dunno. Since now.’’ I said, as I walked out into the lounge room to watch TV.

**

I sipped my coffee, stopping every few seconds to take a bite out of the pancakes.
‘’Good food,’’ Cassie said as she chewed through pieces of toast.
I nodded in agreement, and smiled as I took a gulp of the strong coffee. I soon knew why Gerard and Mikey were so addicted. The stuff was great.

‘’So, what do you want to do today?’’ She asked, smiling.
‘’What about that carnival?’’ I said, finishing up the coffee and pancakes.
She shrugged. ‘’If you want to, i guess.’’
I nodded, so we both went to go get changed.

After about 10 minutes, we were both ready and changed. I grabbed my phone, tucked it in the pocket of my red and blue hoodie and walked outside. Cassie was still inside locking up.
She came out after a few minutes, and we jumped into the taxi we’d called a few minutes ago.