Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Pink Unicorns and Skinnyleg Jeans

I had been sobbing into my pillow for what seemed a lifetime, until someone knocked on the door. Cassie probably just forgot her key again, so I walked over, drying my eyes, and twisting the door knob.
‘’What did Gerard do?’’
It was Mikey.
‘’Uh, uh nothing.’’ I stated, opening the door wider so he could come in.
‘’He better not have.’’ He stated, sitting on the couch.
I shook my head, and sat next to him.
He was asking me all sorts of questions, like what I was doing with Gerard, and why I was crying. And I decided to tell him why.
‘’Woah… Sky why didn’t you tell me?’’ He asked.
‘’Because… I was afraid you’d hate me. But you can’t tell Gerard about Robbie.’’ I said.
Mikey nodded, and hugged me, kissing the top of my head.

‘’I couldn’t ever do that.’’ He said.
I shook my head. He could so.
‘’So… you came over because Cassie said you needed to figure out who you wanted, and you did?’’ He asked.
I nodded. ‘’I didn’t have a choice.’’
He hugged me tighter, and sighed.
‘’And did you find that out?’’
I shook my head. ‘’Look, Gerard awesome. And honestly, if I was single, and over here to stay, I would ask him out. But, I’m leaving in two months and a bit, to go back home to see Robbie.’’
Mikey nodded. ‘’But… do you have to go?’’
I didn’t say anything, and just sobbed.

‘’And if I had my way, you’d stay here, with me. You’ve become my everything, like my best friend.’’ Mikey stated. He was trying to make me feel better. It was working, but i still felt like a dirty whore.

**

Mikey’s phone rang, and he answered it.
‘’Look , Gerard, someone needs some cheering up.’’ Mikey said softly.
‘’I know you did nothing. You rekon you could get Frank, Ray and Bob over here?’’
‘’Uh, ok. Bring something to eat, and something to drink. Beer and vodka or something.’’
‘’Okay, see you then.’’
And he hung up.
‘’That was just Gerard,’’ He stated. I nodded, and looked up, my eyes red and puffy.
Mikey explained to me that Gerard and a few of his friends were going to come over with some food and drink for a party. To cheer me up. Now I wasn’t sure whether the alcohol or the actual party was meant to cheer me up, but it was a great idea.
‘’They’ll be over in an hour, so ring Cassie, tell her to get her ass over here, and you and I can start preparing. By the way, the guys that are coming with Gerard aren’t some druggo freaks you should be scared of. They’re nice guys, so trust them, kay?’’ Said Mikey. I nodded, and released Mikey from my grip.

‘’Mikey, can you help me choose something to wear?’’ I asked.
I showed him where my room as, and we started rummaging through my wardrobe.
I was looking for pants, and he was looking for shirts.
We were searching for about 10 minutes, and I had pulled out two pairs of skinny leg jeans I thought might be alright to wear; one black pair, and a light denim pair. Mikey had pulled out a pink shirt with blue unicorns. I’d learned since meeting him, that this boy loved unicorns.

‘’Sorry, I saw it and couldn’t resist,’’ Said Mikey chuckling.
I laughed, and pointed to the jeans.
‘’Denim,’’ He said.
‘’Alright then,’’ I said.
He went and sat on the bed, and I begun to get dressed. I was just about to take off my shirt when I saw he kept peaking.
‘’Turn around!’’ I yelled, laughing.
He sighed, and fully turned around.
Then before getting my shirt fully off, I chucked him my phone, and told him to ring Cassie.

**

There was a knock at the door, and Cassie and I ran over to answer it.
‘’That’d be the boys,’’ Said Mikey, then following us.