Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Come One, Come All

TWO DAYS LATER…

It was exactly a week after I found old friends. It was exactly a week after the pain had stopped. It was also, exactly a week after, I fell in love with Gerard.

My parents had arrived back home, so I was now living with them again. It was pretty boring, compared to living with Cassie and her crazy-ass siblings. It was a lot quieter, too. But I didn’t have to deal with the noises coming from her sister’s room after she’d come home with her boyfriend.

I picked up the phone, and punched in Cassie’s number, resting my feet on my bag.

‘’Hello?’’ She said groggily.
‘’Hello Cass.’’ I said, excitedly.
‘’Oh hi!’’ Now, she sounded more awake.
‘’So?’’ I asked.
‘’What?’’
‘’Um, your answer is?’’ I questioned.
‘’Well,’’ She explained, ‘’I thought long and hard –‘’
‘’Get to it!’’ I yelled.
‘’Okay! Well, as I said, I thought long and hard, and I think it’d be stupid… if we didn’t go!’’ She squealed. I could just imagine her, in her room, jumping around and dancing.
‘’Oh… wow, er, fuck, its settled then! We’re leaving for Ohio next week!’’ I yelled, running my fingers through my hair.

‘’So what are you taking?’’ I asked her, calming down.
‘’The fuck, are you joking? Everything! All my clothes, shoes, hair products, everything! But the furniture, of course,’’ She explained.
‘’Same here. But they’ll be a few very ugly numbers I think I’ll be leaving behind,’’ I replied.

We spoke for at least an hour, until I decided to go.
I ran down stairs, and made myself some breakfast.
‘’Why are you so happy?’’ Asked mum, giving me a weird look.
‘’It’s settled. Cassie and I are going to Ohio. Next week.’’ I said between giggles and sips of coffee.
‘’Well, good to know your happy!’’ Mother ducky smiled a little, but I could tell she was a little upset.

I finished off my coffee, and then started chomping on warm, buttery toast. The best kind of breakfast.
‘’It seems to final,’’ I said to my female parental as I placed my plate in the sink, ‘’But in a good way.’’
‘’Yes, it does. But, just promise me you’ll come back home to visit someday?’’ Mum said, ‘’And don’t loose that beautiful accent of yours!’’

I shook my head. Why would I loose my accent? I loved it. It was part of me. I couldn’t keep it forever if I were to live in Ohio, but I’m sure me and Cassie would in the meanwhile think of some vocal exercise to preserve it.

I stomped back up the stairs, and decided to call Gerard, telling him my final decision.
‘’Hello, Gerard speaking,’’ He said.
‘’Hey there sunshine!’’ I exclaimed.
He hated being called sunshine, but then I wasn’t going to call him cloudy sky or something like that, he’d sound like a Native American.
‘’Hey beautiful, what you been up to this morning?’’ Gerard asked sweetly.
‘’Thinking.’’ I wanted to keep him guessing.
‘’About?’’ He asked curiously.
‘’Moving to Ohio. Me and Cassie both agree it’d be great. We’re booking the tickets today,’’ I explained.
‘’I… that… Sky, that’s awesome!’’ He exclaimed.

**

I was on the phone to Gee for about 15 minutes; he was telling me the time the plane would be leaving, and what flight we needed to be on.
‘’Sky!’’ Dad yelled, ‘’I believe you have something to tell me!’’
I rushed down stairs, and excitedly told him the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
n_n whoop, only a few more chapters left!