Status: Active while I update from my other cite (:

Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 6

“I saw you do it,” I smirked at him.

It had been two weeks since school has started, and we had only met this one time because Professor Binns made sure of it. It had been two weeks since we properly talked since he started arriving early and sitting at the other side of the classroom. We were supposed to have something to turn in last week, but we didn’t. So, we had to meet on a Saturday afternoon because of his wanting not to meet. I mean, I was all for not meeting, but it was for a grade. I had to suck it up and do it.

“Saw me do what, Flint?” he asked, his sexy smirk appearing on his handsome face not for the last time.

My smirk then turned into a smile. “I saw you keep the picture.”

His eyes dropped down to the paper that I was supposed to be taking notes on, only the thing was that we hadn’t actually done any work. We had been sitting there pretty much in silence while I would read ‘Great Leaders of the Goblin Rebellion’ aloud for both of our benefit. I had stopped reading when I noticed that he wasn’t paying any attention. He had been looking out the window, looking distant until I had said something. His grey eyes then found me, making my heart flutter in a way that he would never imagine it would.

“What picture?” his eyes didn’t travel back up to mine, but instead went back out the window, watching the rain hit the pane.

I placed my hands down on the table that was between us, knowing that I was defeated. He would never admit to keeping the picture, no matter how much I bothered him. It just wouldn’t be worth it. He would admit it in his own time. I remember that from our childhood. He was always so damn stubborn. It actually got annoying sometimes.

“We should get back to work, Draco,” I said softly, pushing the notebook towards him. “Do something useful and take notes while I read. Okay?”

He looked at me oddly before shoving the notebook back to me. “Why do I have to take notes, Flint? What are you going to be doing on this project? Nothing is what it looks like to me.”

I sighed. “We have to have something to turn into Binns on Monday. Why don’t you read aloud, and I’ll take the notes. Sound better to you?”

He took the book right out from under my elbows, which frightened me a bit. “That sounds much better. I can’t be the one doing the work on this project. I don’t have the time for it anyway,” he then stopped with his rambling as he looked at me with a lopsided grin. “Courtney…?”

I shook my head. “Whatever it is the answer is no.”

“I don’t get that a lot.”

“Get what?”

“Girls don’t say no to me. Not ever,” his sexy smirk was back.

I rolled my eyes, which I hadn’t done in a while. “Well, stick with me, and it won’t be the first time. Now, let’s get start-“

“I want to tell you my idea first,” he interrupted me and put the book down on the table. “I think that you should do all the report. I’m not good at stringing words together. You should know that of all people.”

I nodded. “But we’re supposed to do all the work together, Malfoy. It’s not a negotiation on which part of the project that you have to do. Binns said that we had to work on this together. You know the report has to be turned in by the end of term, right? Then we have to start on-“

“The presentation part. Right,” he nodded, pushing the book more my direction. “I could work on that part ,and you could write the report. Easy, right?”

I shook my head. “No, Draco. That’s not happening. Both of our handwriting has to be on here to prove that we worked together. That’s what Binns had said, remember? Why don’t you just take notes so that way that part will be finished? I’ll finish the notes and put the report together. Then we can figure out the rest from there, but for right now, we have to work together or we’re in trouble. Do you hear me? I don’t care how precious your time is, Dr-“

“Alright, would you just shut it already, Flint? I’m getting tired of it. I’ll stay just so that way I don’t get in trouble, but that’s it. Here,” he said, grabbing the notebook and the textbook from me. “No reading out loud anymore. You’re voice is rather annoying.”

I wanted to say something sarcastic back, but I bit my tongue. There was no way I was going to ruin it. I mean, Draco actually doing some of the work? And on the first meeting? I guess he really does find my voice annoying, at least annoying enough to do work. I found myself laughing at the thought, and Draco ignored me. It was better that I didn’t have to explain myself.

“Alright, done,” he said after I had laid my head down on the table and was almost asleep. I was hoping to get in a nap since I hadn’t been sleeping well. Lavender was up in my ear most of the night telling me how I wanted to get her and Ron together. I guess she thought that it would work if I had been asleep. Instead, she kept me up and made me grumpy towards her in the mornings. Then she wonders why I am the way I am towards her.

I sat up and looked at him. “Already?” I asked sleepily and took the notebook from him.

“I’ve been taking notes for nearly a half an hour. It’s your turn to finish the chapter,” he said.

I sighed and picked up the book to put it back on the shelf. I turned to find Draco right behind me. He had a devilish smirk on his face as he slowly approached me. I took a couple steps back and bumped into the book shelf behind me. He pressed himself against me and his lips were right next to my ear. I had stopped breathing and moving. My heart was pounding a million miles a minute.

“I did keep the picture,” he whispered in my ear.

I swallowed rather heard. “Why?” I asked breathlessly.

He sighed in my ear. “It reminds me of-“

“Draco!” a girl called from the end of the aisle.

Draco pulled away from me and looked down the aisle with a sigh. I took it as my chance to look as well and saw Pansy Parkinson standing there, glaring at me. I then turned and walked away in the opposite direction. At the end of the aisle, I looked over my shoulder to find Draco staring after me.

“Draco, baby,” Pansy called again and he slowly turned towards her.

I ran out of the library like a bat out of hell. I didn’t know what to think. I was excited, nervous, and a little worried all at the same time. I made it to the common room and found Ron, who I told all of this to.

He looked at me like I was mental. “You can’t feel all that, you would explode.”

“Ron, be serious for a second,” I said, sitting next to him on the couch. “What could this mean? Does Draco like me? Is he dating Pansy again? Do I really want Draco to like me? Does Pansy think that I like him? Come on, Ron. You have to give me something here. You can’t leave me hanging.”

His eyes widened on me before he looked behind me in relief. “Kamrynn!” he shouted getting up and running over to her and placing both his hands on her shoulders. She was totally surprise. “Courtney needs you. She needs a girl to talk to. I’m going nuts just listening to all the stuff that’s running through her head.”

Kamrynn looked around him at me and then back at him. “What’s the story?” she asked. “I need the background information before I go in.”

I rolled my eyes. They were acting like it was an inside job. Talking to me and giving me advice was not something that needed special preparation for, but I knew that Kamrynn was enjoying every ounce of attention that Ron was giving her.

“Something about Draco and Pansy in the library and him actually doing some work on their project. She’s worried that she likes him and that he’s dating Pansy again or something. Please just take over Kam. I’ll love you forever,” he said, his eyes pleading with her.

She smiled. “I know that you already love me forever, but I’ll do it anyway.”

“Thank you,” Ron said, hugging her and making his way to the boy’s dorms.

“So, what happened with Draco?” Kam asked, sitting beside me on the couch.

I told her everything, and she was just as shocked as I was. She was so speechless that she couldn’t give me any advice. She just kept asking if I was serious over and over. So, I just shook my head and was relieved that Harry and Ron had showed up.

“Hey, you guys going to try out for the team?” Harry asked, sitting in the arm chair next to the couch.

Ron said down beside Kam on the arm of the couch and put his arm around her. “You guys should. I’m trying out as keeper. Hermione’s going to watch. What do you guys say? Harry’s captain this year.”

“I’m totally in for trying out. What do you think, Court?” Kam asked me. She was absolutely glowing.

I nodded. “I’m in. What spots are open? We know that seeker and keeper,” I said, smiling at Harry.

“Well, chasers and beaters of course. You could try out for either. You guys would make a pretty good team as beaters,” he added with a smirk.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Hermione asked, standing next to Ron.

“Just talking some quidditch, something you don’t understand,” Ron laughed and so did Kamrynn.

Hermione scalded them. “Well, I am going to watch. So I must understand some of it, Ronald. Besides, it’s not like Kamrynn is going to try out. She’ll just embarrass herself.”

I rolled my eyes. “No one asked you, Herms.” I stood, pulling Kam up with me.

“Yeah, no one asked you,” Kam said, sticking her tongue out as well.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Ron asked looking from Kamrynn to Hermione. “You guys are always at each other’s throats. I can’t stand it anymore!”

“Ron, just let it be. We’ll figure something out later,” I said, pulling Kamrynn out of the portrait hole. “You know, Ron is right, and so is McGonagall. You two have to get along sooner or later.”

She sighed. “I know, but I’m not the one starting it.”

I nodded. “I know, Kam. I know.”