Status: Might not be updated regularly because I'm going to take my time with it :-) (twitter - @erinsh33ran)

Dedication Takes a Lifetime, But Dreams Only Last for a Night

Lit a match just to heat things up, but I got more than I bargained for.

History with Mr Campbell had always been a bore. I was hoping I'd get moved into a different class or get a new teacher in 10th grade, but apparently not. I was never able to concentrate in his lessons, and to add to that, he was the most unappealing, boring teacher that I had ever been taught by. When he spoke, he mumbled. Hardly anyone could make out what he was saying; however, he loved the sound of his own voice. My History lesson was going to drag on if he was going to be our teacher.
I sat on the 3rd row back from the front of the classroom with my head on my desk. I sat next to Rian in History, so I admit it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. I had my eyes closed and I was close to falling asleep to the sound of Mr Campbell droning on and on about how he hoped our school vacation had been good and that we were going to love this semester's topic! Rian nudged me as Mr Campbell was walking past our desks and I sat up abruptly. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing at how enthusiastic Mr Campbell was being despite the fact that he knew half of his students disliked his lesson.
"Mr Barakat!" He yelled across the classroom as he watched me sit up and lean back on my chair with a smirk on my face. I'd never been one of his favourite students.
"Yes, Mr Campbell?" I asked, innocently. I saw Rian looking downwards with a faint smile on his face, biting his lip to stop himself from laughing at my sarcasm.
"Would you like to concentrate in my lesson?!" Mr Campbell shouted back at me, squinting his eyes and giving me that you're-pushing-your-luck-matey look that teachers give their worst students.
"I wouldn't particularly like to, no. Why'd you ask?" I replied, sarcastically. I sat up straight and leaned on my desk with my elbows, resting my head in my hands.
"Don't speak to me in that manner again, Mr Barakat! You'll be sent out of my lesson immediately if you do not get rid of that attitude." Mr Campbell warned me. I nodded and smiled at him in reply.
"I'll try then Sir." I said simply. Mr Campbell nodded at me and paused, before continuing with his lesson. I looked to my left at Rian, and then to my right at a girl named Lisa. Both of them were in stitches of laughter at my argument with Mr Campbell. I knew that I pushed my luck in his lesson, and that I should probably start making more of an effort as he pointed out, but I enjoyed being the class clown in History. It was the one lesson that noone hated me in.
"Mr Comedian here." Rian whispered in my ear as he sat up straight. I nodded and chuckled to myself.
"Oh, I try." I replied, sticking my nose in the air sarcastically.
"I know you do Barakat, I know." Rian nodded, smiling at me.
I leaned forward and rested my head on the desk again, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I was thankful for having two best mates like Rian and Zack. They were there for me through everyone, and they stuck up for me when I was being bullied. They weren't popular, sure, but they'd had plenty of chances to be popular - both of them claim that they'd rather stick with me. I trusted them both with anything. Zack was that friend I could have a laugh with all the time, who I could sit and practice guitar with but rant at him at the same time and he wouldn't mind. Rian was that friend I could tell all my secret's to, who I could rely on to give me advice, who was better with words than anyone else I knew. I'd tell them all this, but I wasn't one to be a cheesy fuck. I'd keep it to myself until a better time.
I twitched when I felt Rian's elbow dig into my side. I looked up, eyes widening. I raised my eyebrows in question, and he motioned to the person behind us in return. A confused expression appeared on my face. I sat up slowly and turned my head around slightly, to see Alex Gaskarth sat behind me. He was kicking my chair to get my attention and I hadn't noticed. A million thoughts began rushing through my head as to why he'd want to speak to me. Alex wasn't the type of person to associate with me, let alone kick my chair in attempt to try and talk to me. I didn't even know he was in my History class.
"What?" I mouthed in his direction. He held his left hand open to reveal a folded up piece of paper in his palm. He gestured for me to take it, a grin on his face. I frowned in confusion, taking it out of his hand and turning back around so I was facing the front.
"What is it?" Rian asked, his warm breath on my neck as he whispered in my ear. I shrugged and held out my hands. Rian shrugged in response, and nodded towards the paper, urging me to see what was on it. I unfolded slowly beneath the desk so as to not get caught reading it. I took a breath before looking at it carefully and reading what was written on it:
"Party. My house. This time next wk. U coming buddy? If ur confused, meet me at the front entrance @ end of day n i'll explain."
Why would Alex want me at his party? He'd hardly ever spoke to me if he could help it, let alone invite me anywhere. Was he planning on making his friends gang up on me again? I sat in silence staring out the window aimlessly, thinking on what I was going to do. I came to the decision that I'd give him a chance. He was nice to me this morning when I crashed into him, after all. I looked at Rian and widened my eyes in surprise. He grabbed the piece of paper off me and fumbled with it underneath the desk, taking his time to read what it said before rereading it.
"I say you go." Rian mumbled under his breath. I nodded at him briefly. After all, I was beginning to think that I had a thing for Alex again. I shook my head to get them thoughts out of my head, stuffing the piece of paper in my jacket pocket.
I turned around to look at Alex who was waiting for my response. I nodded and he grinned back at me, winking. I laughed and felt myself blushing. God damn it, I blushed. I blushed in front of Alex Gaskarth because of that damn boy's actions. Oh, I was more than right. This year was already a hell of a lot different to the last.
♠ ♠ ♠
thIS WASN'T THE BEST!! i guess i kinda rushed into it but i'll slow down soon, i promise
i'm dedicating this to my friend Phoebe because she started reading this today and was motivating me to write more
so i DID
um, enjoy!
tweet me @erinsh33ran and tell me what you think in the comments!!
:-)