Status: Might not be updated regularly because I'm going to take my time with it :-) (twitter - @erinsh33ran)

Dedication Takes a Lifetime, But Dreams Only Last for a Night

Devote yourself to moving on.

All I'd been able to think about since my History lesson was Alex Gaskarth and this stupid party. Was it really possible that now he was a sophomore he had finally seen the light and decided to socialise with more friendly people? Since then, I'd been noticing that Alex hadn't really been hanging around with his usual friends today. It confused me. Alex had been friends with those guys since he first came here - when I had a thing for him. He deserved better friends than them. Friends who appreciated him, like me.
I jumped when I heard the bell ring to signal the end of the school day. Everyone stood up abruptly, throwing their chairs behind their desks in a hurry, scrambling to get out of the classroom. I, however, took my time. I didn't want to go and talk to Alex about this party, but boy, I was confused, so I figured that I better had. Plus, Rian and Zack had told me that they'd come. Rian was only coming because he liked some girl called Cassadee, and she was going too. Zack was tagging along for the fun of it.
I stood up slowly, tucking my chair back behind my desk and picking my bag up from the floor. I slung my back over my shoulder and headed for the door after everyone.
"Goodbye, Mr Barakat." My Chemistry teacher yelled after me. I turned around and flashed a smile at him before continuing on my way. I liked my Chemistry teacher, although I didn't like the subject. I guess he knew that though, as he seemed to try his best to make the lesson easy for me to understand - I still didn't understand it, mind you.
I walked down the school corridor in the direction of the front entrance, humming a song that I'd written to myself. I enjoyed writing songs. It helped me express how I was feeling when I couldn't necessarily speak about it, or put it into words of any other sort. I had a tendency to get home, pick up my guitar, and just write whatever came to me. I was alright, I guess. Music was the one subject I excelled in. After all, it was the thing I wanted to make a career out of.
I spotted Alex stood outside the front entrance of the school, stood to the left of the double doors that lead into school. I hurried my pace slightly, wanting to get to him and see what he was going to reel out to me. I pushed the double doors open and walked over to him. I was met by a large grin on his face.
"Hey Alex." I said, starting the conversation off.
"Well, hello Jack. Nice to see you here." Alex laughed sarcastically. I couldn't help but let a faint smile cross my lips.
"About this party..." I begun, frowning in confusion. I noticed his eyes light up as I mentioned it.
"I thought you were never going to speak of it!" Alex exclaimed, smiling at me.
"W-why did you invite me? We've-I mean... We've never really talked to each other. I-... I didn't even think you liked me." I explained, stuttering as I spoke due to nervousness. It was odd how someone like Alex could bring butterflies to my stomach. If only he knew the effect he had on me. I had to do all I could to control myself around him. I mean, he even had the power to make me blush. I gulped as I remembered. I hoped with all I had that he hadn't noticed. I hoped that he'd never have to find out about me... liking him.
"Exactly why I invited you. I do like you, don't be stupid!" Alex replied, frowning in disbelief. He looked down at his hands and started playing with his fingers, as if he felt uncomfortable or nervous.
"Why?" I questioned, still confused.
"I-... Um... Long story short, my Mom disapprove of the other guys. She said they're a bad influence on me. That I've changed since we moved up here and I have to start hanging around with nicer guys. I said I would. I said I'd make an effort to anyway. My parents are out of town this weekend, and she doesn't necessarily know of this party. I'm inviting you and your friends, as well as some other people you'd never expect to see me with." Alex explained, not looking up once as he spoke. When he finished, he took a deep breath as if he was relieved that it was over.
"Why aren't you inviting them if your parents are out of town?" I asked, not wanting to stop talking to Alex just like that.
"Truth be told, I've never liked the others. They're all assholes, and I only hung around with them because I thought I'd fit it. I wanted to be popular when I started here, and they were the coolest people that seemed to take me under their wings. They don't know about this party, and I'm hoping they won't find out." Alex told me in confidence. I let out a sigh of relief myself. I hadn't believed that he genuinely wanted me there at first - that it was just part of a sneaky little plan that his mates had hatched, but I was starting to believe him. Many people had told me that Alex wasn't the type to lie. Another reason why I liked him.
I put my hand on his shoulder and patted him gently. He looked up at me, eyes like a lost puppy dog. Like he was searching for some reassurance.
"I'm not gonna lie to you, but my group of friends aren't the coolest ever," I laughed, looking down at the floor and kicking the tips of my shoes into the gravel, "But we're always here if you ever need a friend or two."
"Thanks Jack. Plus, you've always seemed pretty cool to me." Alex said quietly as he allowed a smile to spread across his face. I felt myself go red in the face and I turned around hurriedly, yanking my hood up and pulling my sleeves down over my hands before putting my hands up to my face to cover it. Damn it, Jack. Inconvenient time. I cursed myself mentally.
"I better be off now." I told him as I turned back round to face him. He looked at me and smiled sadly.
"See you tomorrow?" Alex offered. I nodded eagerly (maybe a bit too eager) in response. He held his arms out for a hug and I walked into him. I felt him rest his head on my shoulder, his warm breath against my neck. I focused on not letting my body react in a way that would be awkward. Oh, the perks of being in love. I inhaled the smell of Alex that surrounded me, feeling him breath in and out as he leaned against me. He pulled away and I felt a hand slip in to my pocket quickly and leave something there. I made the mental decision to ignore it until I got home. Alex smiled shyly at me, and I beamed back at him.
"Bye Alex." I shouted, as I walked away. Suddenly, I felt the happiest that I had in a long time, and I knew very well why it was - or more, who it was. And that someone had changed my life more than he knew already.
♠ ♠ ♠
so um yeah this chapter didn't rush it too much, eh??
thank you all so much for commenting, it means the world!!
enjoy this chapter
also enjoy me updating daily because that's a rare, muahahaha
tweet me @erinsh33ran and comment to let me know what you think
:-)