Status: Enjoy!

My Best Friend's Boyfriend and Me

One.

Day 2

I woke up early Tuesday morning excited to go to dance class. I wore a white loose tank top with my light blue sports bra underneath and I wore black leggings. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail my bangs hanging in my face. I slipped my flip flops on and I walked to class listening to music. Ever since I found out Kenny was in my class I have been trying to impress him. I don’t know how well it's going though. I entered the dance studio to find everyone sitting in a circle talking. I set my bag down on the floor and I took a seat next to Kenny.

"Morning Jemmy, you look nice today." he spoke so only I could hear, nudging me. I smirked like a dork.

"Thanks, what were you guys talking about?" I questioned leaning on Kenny lightly. He then wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into him. My face began to heat up as his warmth radiated off onto me.

"We were talking about the auditions for the lead in the upcoming dance recital." Jayme spoke shooting looks at Kenny and me.

"You two should totally try out for leading couple! Your chemistry is great!" Karin exclaimed clapping. I shook my head no and Kenny looked at me.

"You don't want to try?" he asked as he stood up. I shrugged as I rubbed my tattoo.

"...For you? Maybe, but Kenny I’m not good with coming up with dance choreography. I'm better at learning it." I spoke. He smiled at me taking my hands lifting me up.

"Let me help then." he whispered pressing his forehead to mine, brushing a strand of hair from my face. I smiled and nodded, he laced his fingers through mine and we walked around to our teacher.

"Listen up everyone! You all have two days to prepare a dance routine that will be preformed in front of three judges. The best couple will dance the lead." our teacher spoke loudly. There was clamor among us.

"Okay everyone, listen get a partner and go practice." the teacher yelled clapping in our faces. Kenny and I walked hand in hand to a studio across the hall. He flipped on the lights and shut the door.

"How are we going to do this?" I asked taking my shoes off. He smiled and walking over to me grabbing my waist, swaying it in small circles.

"This is a love story. With our dance we want to capture the hearts of the judges with lust and sensuality." he whispered in my ear. My heart began to pound as he grabbed my thigh to lift me up over his shoulder. His touches were so soft they sent chills up my spine. He set me down and we gazed in each other’s eyes. I felt that spark between us, that same spark that I felt at the frat house.

"Let's do it again." I whispered. He nodded and we began to dance again.

~*~*~

Click, click. SLAM

Hope walked into the studio as Kenny lifted me above his head.

"Hot damn! You guys look great! Hey Jem do you want to take a break and grab some lunch?" Hope asked as Kenny set me down gently.

"Yeah definitely! When do you want to meet again?" I asked Kenny as I slid my flip flops on.

"We can meet later on tonight. I'll call both of you." he spoke as he kissed Hope. I looked away as my heart crumbled. He would never want me like I want him. I turned to walk towards the door, but Kenny caught my hand, pulling into him, planting a sloppy kiss on my forehead. I smiled and I joined Hope by the door.

"Bye baby!" Hope yelled blowing him kisses.

~*~*~

We sat down at our table and Hope looked at me with a seriousness that I have never seen in her before.

"Do you have the hots for Kenny?" she inquired tapping her nails on the table. My jaw dropped and shook my head no.

"NO! We're just friends ." I lied as I slipped my diet coke.

"Bullshit! I'm not stupid. I see the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. You guys totally like each other." she stated as she looked over the balcony. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Hope I am so sorry! You’re my best friend and I shouldn't like him." I spoke as tears leaked out from behind my closed eye lids.

"You act like you fucked him! I don’t care that you like him. Kenny is attractive; women are going to like him. He's with me though; I know he cares of me. I don't care if you like him Jemmy. I will care if you guys get to comfortable." she spoke taking my hand. I sniffled and looked at her. She smiled handing me a tissue. I wiped my face and we finished eating.

~*~*~

At 6:30 at night there was a knock at our dorm door. Hope answered; I knew it was Kenny when I heard the sound of lip smacking.

"Hey! There's a party going on do you guys want to come?" Kenny asked sitting on Hope's bed. Hope squealed and nodded.

"Yeah! We'll be there!" she spoke...for the both of us. I smiled at Kenny and he nodded.

"I'll meet you guy’s there." he spoke getting up leaving us in the room. Hope threw clothes at me.

I slid on the hot pink belly shirt and short tight leather skirt. Hope wore a tight black dress and we walked over to the frat house. Kenny greeted us at the door.

"You look hot." he spoke to Hope grabbing her butt leading her inside. I gnawed on my lip as I watched them across the room grinding and making out on the dance floor wondering why that couldn't be me. Why didn’t Kenny want me? Was I that ugly ? I felt someone's hands wrap around my hips.

"Let's dance." the deep voice spoke from behind me. I turned and saw a guy from my vocal class and I nodded. I led him over to where Hope and Kenny were and we started grinding, my ass was pressed tightly into his groin, Kenny’s eyes watched me and the stranger dance. I just smiled and walked into the kitchen to get a beer. A few minutes later I was joined by Kenny.

"Who was that?" he asked lighting up his cigarette. I took a large gulp of beer.

"Why do you care? You’re fucking my best friend!" I shouted. Kenny walked over and pinned me against the counter.

"Because I like you, Jemmy! I haven’t stopped since the first day we met! Being with you feels right, but Hope genuinely cares about me. I can’t break her heart." he spoke as he put his cigarette out in the sink. I looked away as tears rolled down my face.

"Let's get you back to your room, your drunk." he whispered. I nodded as I held onto him. He led me back to our dorm room and he covered me up. When I heard him exit the room I sobbed into my pillow. My body shook with anger and frustration over tonight. I sobbed with pain knowing that he wanted me but was too scared to break my best friend’s heart. I sobbed until I blacked out and even in the darkness of my mind I wondered why I couldn’t get over him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Who do you think Kenny should be with? Hope or Jemmy?

Who is your favorite character so far?

Comment on what you think!