Status: Enjoy!

My Best Friend's Boyfriend and Me

Two.

Day 3

I walked into dance class that Wednesday morning to find that Kenny was not there. I blew my bangs out of my face and I took a seat next to Karin. She smiled at me and I returned the simple gesture. I wasn’t feeling up to being in this class with Kenny after what happened last night at the party. I just wanted to be back in New York with my absent parents and my over protective older brother. That was a fantasy; I’m here in shitty Georgia.

SLAM

Everyone's head turned towards the door to see Kenny entering the dance studio. I averted my gaze to my nails and then to Karin who was talking about something meaningless to me. Kenny approached us and he sat down next to me.

"Morning Jem." he spoke softly with a smile on his face. I glared at him before turning back to Karin.

"Can you help me stretch?" I asked Karin. She looked at Kenny then me and she nodded. She placed her feet on my upper thighs and clasped my hands pulling me. Kenny nodded and went to talk to some of our other friends. Karin let my sit up and she looked at me concerned.

"Look I don’t know what’s going on between you and Kenny, but you need to fix it. Like now." she whispered as our teacher walked into the studio.

"Alright get with your partner and start practicing! The audition is tomorrow!" she yelled. I looked at Kenny and we turned and walked into the dance studio across the hall.

"Can we talk?" he asked as the door slammed shut behind him. I shook my head no and I walked over to him.

"There is nothing to talk about, Kenny! Can we just do this damn dance?" I yelled. He bit him lip and nodded. He took me by my waist and I swayed with him. I looked in his eyes and I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I pushed him back and I turned my back towards him. The tears streamed down my face and I felt my face burn with embarrassment over crying over someone that didn’t want me.

"Jemmy look at me." I shook my head no and I tried to breathe.

Inhale, exhale, in-fucking-hale

He came around and pulled me into his chest. Holding me tight to his chest I tried to pull back but every time I did he held me tighter. I closed my eyes tighter forcing myself to stop crying. When my body finally stopped shaking from the sobs he let go.

"What is happening?" he asked having me sit across from him. I shrugged as I wiped my face with my finger tips.

"Kenny I like you! I like you a lot and I honestly don’t know what to do. I want you to kiss me like you kiss Hope! I want you to be with me and you won’t because you don’t want to break her heart but what about me? You’re breaking mine Kenny and you don’t even care!" I shouted. He looked down at his hands, before taking mine.

"You think I don’t see how I hurt you? You think I don’t see how you look at me. I want to wrap my arms around you and kiss your heartache away." he spoke. I pulled my hands away and I stood up and I walked and grabbed my bag.

"Where are you going?" he questioned hopping up to stop me. I threw my bag on my shoulder and I shook my head.

"I can’t do this." I spoke nudging him out of my way, he took me by my hand and he yanked me into his body.

thump, thump

He ran a hand threw my curly hair and he pulled me into him, our lips moving slowly. We stopped only to take a breath for air. My mind was racing.

what have you done? Your have single handedly ruined your friendship with your best friend. She will never forgive you. Hell, how will you forgive yourself for tainting your relationship over some boy?

I snapped back to reality when I felt Kenny's hands squeezing my ass. I moaned softly as I bit his bottom lip softly. He slid his hands into my shorts and I pulled back, retracting every single feeling.

"Kenny we can't do this?" I mumble wiping my mouth. He looked at me awestruck, his mouth closed as Hope walked in.

"Hey you two! Ready to get some lunch?" she asked kissing Kenny's lips. I bit my lip until I drew blood and I turned on my heels.

"I'm not hungry." I spoke as I began walking out of the studio. Before exiting I heard Hope ask what has gotten into me.

~*~*~

At 5:30 in the afternoon there was a knock at my door. I got up from my bed and I answered the door; it was Kenny.

"God what do you want?" I asked with disgust as I blocked him from entering.

"I want to apologize for earlier." he spoke softly. I looked over my shoulder at Hope who was taking a nap. I shushed him and I grabbed my shoes and we ran down the hall outside in the warm dank air of Georgia. Into the court yard we sat on the grass staring up at the stars.

"I like you, Jemmy. I need you to trust me though." he spoke as he leaned into kiss me. I leaned in as well, but I pulled back and shook my head.

"Let's not pretend that anything has changed. You'll still be with her, and I’ll still be heartbroken so thanks but no thanks. I trust you in dance class but nowhere else. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." I stated as I got up and walked back to my dorm alone, leaving Kenny outside in the dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!

Tell me how you feel about this chapter!