Cigarette Burns

Chapter Sixteen

I woke up to a phone ringing. I sat up and looked around, confused as to where I was. Matt mumbled something under his breath that wasn't very intelligent and stretched his arm across the bed behind me. He threw his hand around and found the phone on the ground. "Hello," he groaned into the phone. "Yes Rhi, we're here." I shook my head; I knew we should've left a note. "Yea, she's fine- your worried ass woke us up though," he mumbled into the phone. I laughed at the sight of him first thing in the morning. "Okay, okay. We'll call you back later, bye." Matt turned off the phone and threw it back on the floor, slamming his face back down into the pillow. He turned his head to look at me, "come back to bed." He wrapped his left arm around my waist and pulled me back down.

He stayed on his stomach as I turned to look at him. I put my hand lightly on his head and began to run my fingers through his short hair. He smiled and pulled me closer, laying his head on my shoulder and throwing his left arm gently across my torso. I smile down at him as I ran my right hand up and down his bare back smoothly. I rested my left hand near his right arm as he was laying on a slant. He reached up with his right hand and took hold of my mine and laced our fingers together. "I could stay like this all day," he mumbled into my borrowed shirt.

I kissed the top of his head and whispered, "me too." But our moment was short lived as we heard a car outside. Matt groaned as the front door opened and closed and then footsteps found their way upstairs and to his bedroom door. It opened to reveal Brian and shortly following him was Zacky and Rhi. They all looked at us and smiled.

"What do you want?" Matt whined, clearly disappointed.

"Food, and for you to get your asses out of bed. Breakfast, come on, lets go!" Brian said while clapping his hands together.

"I'm sorry! I tried telling them to let you two sleep and call you later!" Rhi apologized as she shook her head at the boys. Zacky stood in the doorway, leaning against the door, smiling at us.

"Okay, leave. We'll meet you downstairs in a few," Matt sighed, picking up something off the floor and flinging it at them. Brian and Rhi nodded and began for the stairs.

A moment later Rhi returned, her camera in hand. "Sorry, but I have too. It's too cute to pass up!" she said before she took a photo, smiled at it and then began for the stairs once again- leaving Zacky still in his position.

"If you tell anyone I said this, I'll kill you," Zacky warned, narrowing his eyes at us. We both nodded our heads. "You guys really do look cute. You fit perfectly together," he mumbled quickly before grabbing the door knob.

"Thanks Zacky," Matt and I said at the same time and smiled. He nodded his head and closed the door.

"Well," Matt yawned before propping himself up on his elbow, still keeping his arm around me. "I guess we should get up before they get Jimmy in here." I laughed and nodded my head. Matt smiled down at me and slowly leaned down, "does it bother you when I kiss you?"

I smiled slightly and shook my head, "no, why would it?"

Matt's eyes flickered in happiness at the first part of my answer, "well, because of the Tony situation."

I frowned for a second, "I wouldn't consider us together Matt. I haven't really considered us together since he started beating me regularly. You don't treat someone you love like that."

Matt smiled down at me, "I'd never do anything to cause you any pain." With that be connected his lips with mine.

We pulled away moments later when we heard two car doors slam shut and heard Jimmy and Johnny yelling back and forth about something pointless. Matt shook his head, "leave it to one of our friends to ruin everything!"

"It's okay, we really should get up. I want to do as much as I can this weekend," I said as I sat up. Matt nodded his head and stood up, putting out his hand. I took it and he pulled me up and wrapped me up in a hug.

"What are you going to wear?"

I looked down at the floor and grabbed my clothes from yesterday. Matt went into his closet and grabbed a shirt and tossed it to me. "This is from when I was younger, so it should fit you better." I smiled at him and took off the shirt I slept in. I looked to see that the new shirt he had given me was a Metallica shirt. I laughed lightly to myself and threw it on. It was a little baggy but fit pretty well, "how old were you when you had this?"

Matt shrugged his shoulders, "by the looks of it, very, very young." I smiled and switched from his boxers to my shorts from yesterday. They were still clean so I wasn't fazed by them. I ran my hands threw my hair and smiled inside at how my hair rarely ever seemed to get too out of control. "Ready to go?" Matt asked and grabbed my hand as we made our way downstairs to the kitchen where everyone else was.

Rhi jumped up and ran towards me, grabbing my hand and pulling me outside. I laughed once she let go. She had a crazy look in her eyes as she whipped out her camera. She turned it on and showed me the picture of Matt and I and at that time, not only did I understand the look in her eyes, and Zacky's smile, but I understood what it was supposed to look and feel like, to be in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this entire story is in dedication to Rhi, but so is this specific update.