Status: Dedicated To My Little Sister, By Heart, Lupe.

Heaven Is In Your Eyes

.Tornado.

I felt strange, yet oddly at peace with my surroundings. Tony kept on placing his long fingers into my hair every now and then, making me feel a burst of knots in my stomach. My head continued to spin, but at this point I couldn’t tell if it was because I was intoxicated or if it was because Tony was manipulating my feelings.
I wanted to lay in the state I was in for as long as I possibly could.
“What happened?” I heard a little too clearly.
“She just drank more than we thought she would.” Vic’s voice followed close behind Naomi.
I felt the pressure of the bed lift, and suddenly the caressing fingers were gone.
“Who the hell are you?” Naomi’s voice became high pitched. She was probably staring down Tony at the moment, intimidating him with her toxic glare.
“Tony…” he spoke softly.
She was going to tear him apart if I didn’t wake up.
I took a deep breath, feeling my body sway, preparing myself for the difficult task of waking up.
I opened my eyes slowly, completely regretting it the second I did. I was inside a twister, the room spun around quickly, bringing a wave of nausea to the back of my throat.
“Lupe!” Naomi rushed to my side. She was still dressed in her uniform, hair tied up in a messy bun, and her makeup had been smudged.
She should have been on her way home at the moment, there was no way this girl had rested all night.
She wrapped her arms around me taking me into her embrace, “You had me scared to death!”
The movement made me even more nauseas, the room spun faster and faster, “I’m sorry.” I said quickly hoping she would let me go.
“She was fine, but we went on a walk on the beach after she had a couple drinks, that probably messed with her more than I thought it would…” Tony looked at me as he spoke, his large brown eyes were full of concern.
“It’s okay…” I began, “I just need sleep.”
“Oh hell you need sleep.” Naomi dug through her purse and pulled out a bottle of Gatorade. She opened it quickly and pushed it into my hands, “Sip on that, you’ll feel better eventually.” She turned around to face the guys again, “Sorry for blowing up on you guys like that, I should have minded my words.”
Tony raised his shoulders shrugging, “Don’t worry about it.”
“I let the hospital know you were sick, Dr. Carter is taking over your hours until you feel better.” She pulled out her cell phone and began looking through it, “And I probably have to head back…she’s going to be bitching at me forever!”
I took a sip of the yellow liquid in the bottle, it was deliciously refreshing making me feel hydrated with a single sip, “You’re still working?” My voice was groggy, cracking with every word.
“I passed out in one of your patients room…So I need to make up my hours.”
A small snicker came from behind Naomi, Vic’s lips had curled letting some of his teeth show.
“It’s not funny!” Naomi shot at him, “He’s in a coma, no one was suppose to know…but his family walked in…”
My eyes bulged, “What?”
“It’s not my fault.” She began, “I was trying to have a conversation with him and he sucks at talking back.”
“He’s…in a coma.” Tony chimed in.
“That’s not the point.” Naomi shook her head at him, “The point is, I have to work with Carter! All she does is bitch!” she stood up quickly pulling another bottle from her purse. She walked over to Tony and handed him the bottle, “Make sure she finishes both. I have to go.”
“That’s too bad.” Vic chuckled sarcastically.
Naomi shot him a look before she began walking towards the hallway, “So Lupe, you’re going to rest, and I’ll be back in a couple hours.”
“Joy.” Tony muttered making me laugh under my breath.
“See you soon.” She smiled, she probably didn’t hear Tony’s comment.
“Thanks.” I spoke up taking more sips of the Gatorade.
She waved and walked away..
“I should go too, I’m suppose to help clean up.” Vic gave me a warm smile and waved as he walked away.
“Do you have to go too?” I looked over at Tony, hoping that he would say no.
He gave me a shy smile and shook his head, “I got you into this, I’m going to help you get through it.”
I smiled softly as I watched him take a seat on my bed, “Thank you.”
He nodded, “You should get some rest.”
I realized that my world was still spinning as his words spilled from his full lips, “Everything will spin faster if I close my eyes.”
He frowned and got closer to me, opening his body towards me, welcoming me into his arms.
I hesitated for a second, not knowing if I should move into him or just wait for him to move into me.
“You’re probably going to get cold.” He wrapped his arms around me.
My body froze under him, he was warmer than I thought, his body too comfortable for me to remain calm. I felt my heartbeat race as I laid my head on his chest.
“Your crazy friend is right, you should get as much rest as possible.”
His fingers grazed my arms making goose-bumps rise behind his trail. I had never gotten this close to a man before, but something about Tony felt right. He felt secure and so heart warming.
“You’re not going to leave are you?” I let my arm fall across his broad chest
He shook his head slowly, “I know what it’s like to be hung over, it fucking sucks.”
“Medically…” I began, just to get cut off by him.
“Medically is just words, once you actually experience it you’re going to know what it’s all about. Now, try to sleep before it hits you like a truck.” He held me a little tighter.
I nodded into his chest, hoping that the nausea and spinning would stop, but I also wished that I could stay in this moment forever.