‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Emmi

The Monday after senior semi was a hard one, mostly for Emmi. She and Jamie spent the hospital seeing Cass, who wasn't really up to talking about anything. she was still pretty out of it.

They definately knew it was suicide, though, no one can accidently take a significant ammount of perscription drugs. They didn't ask her any questions about it though, they wanted her to relax and get better so they could walk in their graduation in a few weeks.

In the mean time Emmi thought alot about life. She realized it was so precious and that they really didn't have that much time.

Adam realized the same thing. THey got backk together two weeks before graduation claiming they had too much history to just let it go that easily. Adam thought they were end game.

Within that week, though, they realized they WERE NOT endgame. With Adam going to Texas and Emmi still undeclared they're relationship couldn't possibly work.

...

"I'm just about ready to go" Emmi said. She started to clear out her locker. "I can't believe it's our last day" Jamie smiled.

"I still remember when i first moved here" Jamie said. "I thought i was going to hate it, but i'm glad i gave it a chance. Too bad i'm going back to England come the end of the summer"

"Good, you're losing your accent" they giggled. "I've learned a very important lesson this school year" she said. "Life has it's twists and turns but it's just important to keep going and not backtrack" she said.

"Good advice" Jamie said. Emmi closed her locker. "So, what are we going to do to celebrate??" the two started walkiing down the hall. THey had one last assembly before they were done with high school forever.

"I'm thinking a nice lunch with Kylan and Cass in her room tonight?"

"Sounds lovely" Jamie said. Kylan ran up behind and put his arms around both their shoulders.

"Hey my lovelies....what are we doing tonight. We HAVEE to par-tay!"

"I was thinking lunch with Cass tonight" Emmi said. Kylan smiled.

"Even better..." As they were walking toward the auditorium they noticed all the little things that made them happy. Like the place where Jamie saw Frankie and Emmi talked to Adam for the first time. High school was been cruel to them, but in the end they loved the sweet memories.

...

All the seniors were SUPPOSED to rally in the auditorium for a nice goodbye speech from a few of the teachers but Elle and Lex skipped it. Elle said she had something very important to do and needed Lex to be there wth her.

She was taking a pregnancy test.

"Oh Elle" Lex said. "What happened?" she assumed it was Randy.

"I don't know" Elle sighed. Lex pulled the test out of the box. "It was after the trial with Randy" she said. "I couldn't help myself to..."

"To..."

"You know that rumor you started last year about me and the teacher?"

"No fucking way!" Lex exclaimed. "I was right?"

"Not at first, but we had a thing after the trial. He's the last person i've been with and it was in a classroom so" Lex was trying not to gag. "So he obviously didn't have a condom. didn't care but now i remember i stopped taking birth control after i broke up with Randy" she said. Lex said.

"Take it" Lex handed her the test. "And pray it comes out negative for both your sakes" Elle started at the little stick. She headed into the stall. Lex stared into the mirror. Wow, just wow.

...

Jamie, Kylan and Emmi found Ryan in the auditorium so they could sit together. "Interesting news" he said. "Looks like i got to the bottom of the whole popularity list"

"I thought the guy graduated last year??"

"No...no no no...whoever started that rumor lied because the kid is a sophomore" Kylan and EMmi were shocked. Jamie on the other hand didn't give a fuck. She thought the list was stupid from the begining. "His name is Luke, Kat should know him. Apparently he was using a proxy and they blocked him off and they looked on his account and saw all the files of the lists"

"Whoa" Emmi said.

"It was supposed to be a joke to piss us off but then we took it seriously so..." he said. "Interesting huh...how a list meant to be a joke turned us all against each other"

"How'd you find all this out"

"I was getting something from guidance and he was being talked to in the conference room. Heard the whole story from his mouth" he said. "Unbelievable, right?" Emmi nodded. She felt like the list changed her in a way both good and bad.

....

That night, Kylan, Jamie and Emmi headed to the hospital to have a lovely take-out dinner with Cass. She needed that.

"Well Cass, we found out something very interesting today" Kylan moved from a chair to Cass's bed. He sat indian style. "This sophomore kid writes the popularity list"

"Really?" she asked taken back. "I hated that list. But who said it was a senior?"

"Who knows. I'm guessing he wanted to stop doing it. Ryan said it was all a joke to piss off some of the high strung kids in our grade. It definately worked. Just look at Elle"

"Yeah" Cass said. "So you and Ryan...?" she smiled.

"We're together again, taking it one day at a time. We both kind of realized that first relationships are hard, especially when you just came out of the closet" he explained. "I like where i am right now. I love him...i love him" Jamie hugged Kylan from behind.

"So cute!" she squealed. Cass took a giant bite out of her cheese burger, loving this new care-free style. She was glad she had these three weirdo's. Without them...who knows where she could be.

"Are you going to be let out in time for graduation?" Emmi asked. It was a burning question. She needed to know.

"Yeah, i'm being discharged tomorrow" she said.

"Sweet" the three of them hugged the fragile blond girl. THey each had their own story that made them who they were. It's nothing to be ashamed about.

...

Elle sat at the edge of her bed staring outside her open window. She had blocked off the door with her dresser and pulled out a suitcase. She sighed in and out.

She threw a ton of clothes and shoes into the suitcase. She put anything she needed for a few days in the tiny bag. She left her cell phone behind.

She threw the bag out her window and closed the window. She went downstairs where her mom and dad were sitting and giggling. Without her of course.

"I'm going over to Lex's" she said very sadly. She reached the door, not thinking they would say anything.

"Ok, don't stay out too long"

"No problem" she got outside, grabbed her suitcase, got in her car and started driving. She didn't know where she was going or what she was going to do. She just knew she could stay where she was.