‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Kylan

Kylan picked up his pills. He’s been taking them for ages. Syphillis really sucks. Kylan grabbed his things and headed out to the bus stop. He didn’t want to curl Kat’s hair today. Last year was one thing, Kaya had died three months earlier. A year had past, if you’re not over it or almost over it, then you should get over it. Kylan was.
“Emmileigh Loft…oh my has puberty done wonders with you” Emmi smiled. The two hugged. “it’s been ages, what have you been up to?”
“Nothing much, just making out with my boyfriend. I got a summer job as a life guard. Guess what… no one drowned because they were too busy flirting with me” they both giggled. “I’m still a virgin though”
“At least you don’t have syphilis” Kylan said. “everything is better than syphilis”
Cass started to walk down the road. She was hoping they wouldn’t talk to her. She wanted to wallow in her sadness and kill herself. She didn’t want to be guilted into living. She didn’t deserve to live.
“Did you tell Ryan about your…” Emmi asked.
“Nope” Kylan said. “I don’t know how…we’re not having sex so maybe I won’t tell him”
“Uh…”
“I’m playing it one day at a time. I’ll figure it out. I really don’t want him to know I was with anyone else”

After school Kylan needed some inspiration. Things felt a little down, he needed to talk to Kaya but she was not alive…obviously.
He went to her grave in town for inspiration. It wouldn’t hurt to talk to nothing. People on TV shows did it and they seemed perfectly content.
He brought pop-tarts and vitamin water to snack on, Kaya’s two favorite things. “So Kay” he started. “A lot of shit has been going down…sorry I haven’t been here since…well since you died. I guess I didn’t want to cry anymore. Knowing your underground is scary…don’t become a zombie and eat me please” he laughed. “You love zombies—anyways—“
“Kylan?” Ky whipped around and saw Steve with a bouqet of flowers walking his way.
“Oh hey!” Kylan attacked Steve in a big hug. “What are you doing in town?”
“I don’t know, I wasn’t in town on the anniversary of her death. Since school’s starting I wanted to see Kat.. She said you were here”
“Yeah…I’m having problems”
“Boyfriend problems?”
“Yup…I slept with someone the night of prom…this kid Jeremy. I caught his STD”
“Oh shit”
“Exactly, now I’m back with Ryan I don’t know if I should tell him. We’re not having sex but…I don’t know. Kaya used to help me with these problems”
“Well” Steve said. “Coming from a guy I would want to know even if I’m not having sex with them” he said. “It’s just the principal”
“You’re right”

That night Kylan wanted to tell Ryan about his STD, he didn’t get around to doing it. He felt a bit nervous doing it in a place where Ryan couldn’t run away. He liked delivering news in an environment where the other person could walk away. School was that place
“Hang on let me get us some popcorn” Kylan left his room for a moment. Kat threw a oondom at him as he ran into the kitchen.
“No glove no love” she said. Ky rolled his eyes.
“No love no glove” he said back.
Ryan collapsed onto Kylan’s bed, he wanted to just rip off his clothes and take Kylan in his bed.. Kylan had become more stingy since they got back together, he didn’t know why.
Ryan felt something hard under his back. He moved the sheets and his things and saw a bottle. “Whoa, long name” he typed the name of the drug into google on his phone. “Drug for curing…SYPHILLIS” he said. “No way…” it has Kylan’s name on it and everything.
Ryan heard someone coming upstairs so he put the pills back under the sheets and took a seat on Kylan’ desk chair.
“So are you ready for an Marvel movie marathon?” Kylan asked.
“Totally”

Lex didn’t know what to do. She needed guidance and she could only think of Kylan. He seemed to be a good person to go to. He didn’t like Lex but he could help.
During school the next day she stalked in at his locker. “Kylan, can I talk to you?” Ky closed his locker and stared at her up and down before replying. She looked very…covered for Elle’s best friend.
“Sure” he said. “What’s up, Elle’s giving you problems?”
“No, i…this is very embarrassing but…I was raped”
“WHOA!” Kylan exclaimed. “That’s not embarrassing at all that’s tragic why are you telling me!” he rambled on. “Do you need help finding the guy?”
“No, it was by Randy” Kylan’s jaw almost fell off his body.
“RANDY YOU MEAN ELLE’S NEW BOYFRIEND RANDY?” he exclaimed. Lex tried to calm him down.
“Don’t scream you idiot”
“I’m sorry but this is all so weird…when did it happen?”
“He raped me after prom and I’m confused because I let Elle date him without telling her the truth…”
“Lex, I know I have Elle and all but this is serious…it’s risking her life!” then Kylan got it. He needed to tell Ryan about his STD soon, just like Lex needed to tell Elle about her rape. “See, I have an STD”
“From who?”
“Jeremy”
“No way! Does he know?”
“Jeremy does but Ryan doesn’t. You telling Elle about your rape is like me telling Ryan about my STD. It’s affecting their lives they need to know about it” Kylan said.
“You’re right”

Kylan found Ryan by himself in the band room. He skipped lunch and Kylan really needed to talk to him
“Hey Ry, can I talk to you about something serious?” he asked. He sat down across from Ryan and took his hand. Ryan shook Kylan off of him.
“About your STD?” he asked.
“Whoa” Kylan was confused. “How do you know?”
“I found your pills last night” he said. “When were you going to tell me? Were you going to wait until we had sex or something? Until I caught it?”
“No”
“Kylan do you even understand how serious this is?”
“I do, this is why I’m here to tell you” he said. “I love you”
“Do you really? If you really loved me you would have told me ages ago” Ryan stood up. “I don’t want to be with someone who lies to me…and risks my life…who was this guy anyways? Did you cheat?”
“No way, it was this kid at prom that’s all…and I’m telling you now please….”
“No, I’m done” Ryan left the band room. Kylan broke down and legit cried.

The next day Kylan came into school and found Lex. He sighed. Ryan’s relationships status changed that night, so obviously something went a rye.
“I’m sorry”
“Did you tell Elle?” Kylan asked. He wanted to avoided the topic so he wouldn’t cry again.
“Uh…”
“Do it…now”
“Fine”
Lex went into the bathroom. A few younger sophomores were in there with Elle, trying to act cool. Oh the next generation, how clueless and innocent could they be?
“Scram” Lex told them. They all filed out quickly. Lex stared into the mirror into Elle’s eyes. Elle was applying eyeliner.
“Something wrong?”
“Yeah it’s about Randy” Lex said. “I shouldn’t have recommended you to go out with him” Elle closed her eyeliner and turned to Lex.
“What do you mean?”
“After prom he raped me…I don’t want that to happen to you, you can’t be with him” Elle rolled her eyes ad turned to the mirror.
“Stop making up lies. You still like him, get over it” Lex was shocked.
“Rape is no laughing matter” Lex said.
“Obviously. If he raped you, why didn’t you say anything?”
“I was scared…you started dating him I thought I was pregnant” Elle laughed.
“Yeah…get out of my sight” Lex immediately left the bathroom feeling completely embarrassed but at the same time angry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's been ages...