Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Two

The van finally stopped at what I assumed to be the venue, but it really looked like this hole-in-the-wall place and I scrunched my nose in disgust when I saw it.

“We aren’t playing arenas yet, Allison,” Nick scoffed, acting like I was stupid, slipping a shirt on and I rolled my eyes.

“Really? Because I thought people paid to hear you whine on stage,” I commented before I could even process the thought. I initially felt bad after I’d said it, but I was frustrated and although it wasn’t an excuse, Nick was already pressing my buttons. I saw his jaw tighten and he looked downright insulted.

“At least I don’t run away from my problems. I heard what happened…can’t say I blame him.”

It felt like a slap in the face and I glared at him. I started to open my mouth to say something, but Eric threw open the door to the backseat.

“Hey, yo, we’re here! Why you guys taking so long?”

“Sorry, I was just, uh…gathering my stuff…,” I lied, picking up my bag and my brother just shrugged and moved inside the van.

“ANDREW! Wake up!,” he yelled and I heard him jump on top of poor Andrew,who had been sleeping since I met up with the boys, putting him into a headlock.

I shook my head and stepped out of the van, slamming the door behind me, hopefully in Nick’s face. I walked inside, not really sure of where I was going, but I didn’t exactly care. I was too lost in my own thoughts. Why all the snarky remarks from Nick? I had never really questioned it before, but now that I thought about it, it infuriated me. He had no reason to be rude! I couldn’t think of a time where I’d ever said anything out of line to him, except for the previous comment. Even though he was in a band with my brother, we’d never had much of an opportunity to talk to each other, so it wasn’t like I knew anything about him, or like he knew anything about me. I shook the thoughts out of my mind and decided to find Eric or Justin and see if there was anything I could help with.

By 10:00 that night, I was completely and utterly trashed. I’d lost count of how many beers I’d had after about five and I knew I’d had a few shots as well. During A Rocket to the Moon’s set, I stood on the side of the stage, deciding to give Nick half a chance. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting much. Whenever I’d heard his voice, it just never really appealed to me. However, as I stood there watching, I was completely enthralled. I’m not sure if it was the alcohol or what, but I was really enjoying watching him sing. As I watched Nick sing “Give a Damn,” I realized he was putting his heart and soul into his performance, and honestly, I found it extremely attractive. I tried to push the thought out of my mind, but it kept coming back to me and it was irritating. I wasn’t supposed to think he was good looking! I watched the entirety of their set, and when they were finished, I stumbled my way backstage just as they were putting their instruments away.

“You guys were so gooood!,” I squealed out to my brother and he laughed.

“Oh no, Allison’s drunk, you guys!,” Andrew pointed out, smiling as he looked up from putting away his drum sticks.

“How many drinks have you had, Allie?,” Justin questioned, ruffling my hair and I shrugged and moved his hand away from me.

“Only a few…,” I said innocently and I felt Nick burning holes into the back of my head, but I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of turning around to look at him.

“You should drink some coffee,” my brother suggested and I rolled my eyes.

“Eric, I’m pretty sure I’m a big girl and I can handle myself, thank you very much!,” I said with an attitude, putting my hands on my hips and he just scoffed at me.

“Whatever you say, Allison. I’ll be around if you need me,” he told me.

“Come on guys, we’ve got fans waiting outside,” Nick said, motioning toward the back door and the guys walked out, leaving me to my own devices.

An hour later, I was sitting at the bar alone, feeling sorry for myself as I watched a bunch of guys flirt with a group of extremely beautiful girls. I was single because my boyfriend cheated on me. Obviously I wasn’t enough. I wasn’t pretty, and I had never been. I was always one of those girls who was just kind of plain looking, nothing to write home about. Guys weren’t drawn to me, nor did they ever really consider me anything else other than a friend. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice that someone had sat down beside me.

“Wallowing in your misery?,” a voice spoke and I looked over, seeing Nick smirking at me.

“No,” I lied, facing away from him.

“Seems an awful lot like it.” “Well it isn’t. I don’t know why you’re making assumptions,” I snarled, downing the rest of my drink.

“No need for you to get all defensive, damn…”

“I’m not being defensive. You’re just asking stupid questions!,” I exclaimed and he was quiet for a few moments.

“So you enjoyed the show?,” Nick questioned and I shrugged.

“It was all right.”

“….Really? If I recall correctly, didn’t you say I whined when I sang?,” he asked with a snort.

“Yeah…well…opinions change...,” I admitted and I swear I saw him smile a little.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” I said, sighing. “I shouldn’t have said what I did. It was wrong.” Sadly, when I’m drunk, I tend to get apologetic and feel sorry for everything I’ve ever done to anyone.

“It’s fine,” Nick said and I looked over at him, waiting for him to apologize too, but he didn’t and I suddenly regretted my peace offering.

It was silent for a few minutes and he finally turned to me.

“Do you wanna get out of here?,” he asked and I just looked at him as he got up. “Well, are you coming or not?”

Drunk me stupidly got up and followed him out of the exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Deanna for her creative juices for this chapter :)